Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156207 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #885 on: April 17, 2014, 12:55:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a lot of people in this thread who come from countries that were once "behind the Iron Curtain". What do you think of the sentiments in the song?

That song is hilarious. Then again, USSR has drawn from the rich traditions of Potemkin whenever sympathetic foreigners wanted to see life there.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #886 on: April 17, 2014, 12:57:06 am »

One of our oligarchs offered $10 000 reward for every "little green man" captured  *giggles*

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #887 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:36 am »

One of our oligarchs offered $10 000 reward for every "little green man" captured  *giggles*
That could force Russia to drop the "they're totally not russian soldiers" pretend. Maybe.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #888 on: April 17, 2014, 01:16:53 am »

Ukrainian military base in Mariupol was attacked(link in Russian)
Dozen of attackers are wounded one is dead.
I wanted to post it yesterday, but the thread got locked - interestingly, websites operated by pro-Russian forces denied responsibility for the Mariupol attack and claimed it was a provocation.

I have a song from a Scottish Marxist singer called Dick Gaughan. I think he wrote it back in the '80s.

This is it being sung.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It pretty much sums up the Communist view on the Western world.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2014, 01:30:09 am »

Hum. Can't imagine Russian officials are going to like that.

You said websites*? Is there more than one pro-russian group in the Donbas? Could this be a group from a neighboring province?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:32:00 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2014, 01:45:19 am »

You said websites*? Is there more than one pro-russian group in the Donbas? Could this be a group from a neighboring province?

It is not from a neighboring province but it is mostly from a different city. At least that is what local Antimaydan group claims

Russian propoganda want to make it look like that anyone who dislikes Maydan  and the new government supports stuff like attacking a base of national guard and dreams to join Russia. Which is far from true

I have my own explanation why the attack on the base failed.  One of responsibilities of that base is to provide security to prisons of the region, guys there have regular contacts with convicts and trained to be ready for hostile action.

That's why the attack resulted in 3 dead, 13 wounded and 63 arrested for the attackers
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:22 am »

Russian propoganda want to make it look like that anyone who dislikes Maydan  and the new government supports stuff like attacking a base of national guard and dreams to join Russia. Which is far from true
Hey I know that one.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 17, 2014, 02:22:47 am »

There we go, added gogis to my ignore list.

Now, what's the situation in Ukraine? Still got the guys trying to/successfully invading government buildings?
According to Ukrainian Ministry of Interior Affairs, 3 people have been killed, 13 people have been injured, 63 people have been arrested.
Two Russian television crews (Life News in Mariupol and Rossiya-24 near Izyum) also got arrested by Ukrainian security forces yesterday.
Pro-Russian forces claim that the Right Sector is planning to organize a provocation in Luhansk today and asked not to participate in any pro-Ukrainian demonstrations today, according to RIA Novosti.

Hum. Can't imagine Russian officials are going to like that.

Pro-Russian forces claim it was the Ukrainian security forces along with the Right Sector who allegedly organized the provocation in Mariupol, and not Russians.
Apparently there are several pro-Russian groups in East Ukraine right now who work together under the Antimaidan name - the biggest one is currently the Donetsk Republic, plus there are apparently other pro-Russian activists operating elsewhere.
Concerning websites operated by them, there are http://novorossia.su, http://novorossy.ru, and http://www.voicesevas.ru/, among others, all apparently led by different people but relaying the same information (or propaganda, depending on your political views). Several Russian bloggers, such as http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/ and http://putnik1.livejournal.com/ are cooperating with them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:25:19 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 17, 2014, 02:36:09 am »

Anyway, in order to dredge up old posts. Ukraine going Nuclear is no more than symbolical.

Also, like most symbolical stuff they can do, it would utterly crash their economy. Ukraine is dependent on Nuclear for 50% of their power supply, and all their nuclear fuel is produced in Russia. They do have Uranium reserves, but no enrichment installations.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 17, 2014, 02:57:27 am »

On the other hands, 20% of Russia's Uranium comes from Ukraine.

Their economies are pretty much integrated. Any separation is going to hurt.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 17, 2014, 02:58:14 am »

On the other hands, 20% of Russia's Uranium comes from Ukraine.

Their economies are pretty much integrated. Any separation is going to hurt.

Of course, that's why we're invading  ;D
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 17, 2014, 03:05:50 am »

Well, there is a serious argument in the paper I posted earlier that there is actually a lot of military stuff for which Russia is dependent on Ukraine. Sensors for almost all your air-air missiles. Most helicopters engines. Lots of ICBMs (about half the strategic nuclear detterent of Russia is dependent on Ukraine one way or another). Lots of ship stuff. Since most of those are in Eastern Ukraine, and since Russia already invaded Crimea for a naval base, it's not far fetched to imagine them invading the East for those industries.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 17, 2014, 03:07:08 am »

Well, there is a serious argument in the paper I posted earlier that there is actually a lot of military stuff for which Russia is dependent on Ukraine. Sensors for almost all your air-air missiles. Most helicopters engines. Lots of ICBMs (about half the strategic nuclear detterent of Russia is dependent on Ukraine one way or another). Lots of ship stuff. Since most of those are in Eastern Ukraine, and since Russia already invaded Crimea for a naval base, it's not far fetched to imagine them invading the East for those industries.
Also it leaves the Ukraine without most of its production facilities, thus making them into Greece Mk.2.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 17, 2014, 04:17:48 am »

Acting president announced that 25th airborne brigade will be disbanded and its commanders will face tribunal. Good.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 17, 2014, 04:25:49 am »

So a whole brigade turned? That cannot possibly be good.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 136