Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: A New Genesis - First Creations  (Read 8239 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: A New Genesis - First Creations
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 03:43:50 pm »

Give the now-animate chests purpose in the Grand Riddle. Let them contain within a swirling mass of life energies, that when they open spews forth new creations with randomized attributes and traits.

I think I'm setting up the most D&D world ever or something :P

And yes, D&D is now an adjective.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 07:08:26 pm »

Password (BFEL)

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)

Looking upon these animate chests, Password came to the understanding that perhaps the greatest puzzle was how to go about the creation of the greatest puzzle. Turning his own failures and overzealous actions seamlessly into integral parts of the great maze required innovation of the god like nothing else could. In this spirit, Password made it so that these chests would release new and exciting creations into the world whenever they opened. These creations would be assembled from a myriad of different characteristics, with no describable pattern to their creation.

Spoiler: Universe (click to show/hide)

Perun (Fluoman)

Perun found Itself in need of company, but not the mortal kind It had been working to find a suitable home for. Instead It desired immortal manifestations of the attributes of the universe itself. It called forth temperature, time, length, light, substance, and electricity into sentient forms. Assembled before It appeared a circle of seven beings. A collection of balls smashed into each other while bouncing around in some defined region. Next to this was a space around which light visibly bent, and objects moved towards. It was flanked by an area experiencing frequent electric storms. Fourth in the circle was a shifting mass with no defining characteristics other than being there. Adjacent to it floated a simple line, bending and twirling in space but never extending. Sixth was a point of brightness, shifting in hue, intensity, and to precise observers polarization. Completing the circle was a hourglass.

DINGIR (Harry Baldman)

DINGIR again attempted his previous scheme with time, and this time was met with success. Sections of the tube, known as Instances and 1000 km long, were bordered by a replica of themselves either 50 years in the future or past, depending on whether the viewer was looking pastward or futureward. Crossing between the instances would not affect the crosser, although all others would be shifted into an alternate universe. DINGIR was immediately enraged by this creation and tore off EN’s pinky finger, to no great effect. Equally futile, however, were EN’s attempts to escape his prison.

Time progressed rather maladroitly at this point, moving the tube 2 instances off of its original position, in the pastward direction. However, as nothing besides EN inhabited the manifold, this was not influential in any way.

((So far this is looking like it could turn into a great game. :) Especially if one of the goals was to liberate EN or something.))

FIDeM (Powder Minder)

FIDeM was becoming increasingly irate, but saw an ally in LEGeM, so he imbued the balances with power to encourage order. This placed LEGeM well above the others in power. The demigod of order immediately froze the others in space, and away from each other, so he could decide how best to deal with them. Giving one proto-god so much power over the others seemed risky, but FIDeM needed to get them under control and didn’t want to have to do it all himself. The only other thing to fix was that annoying hourglass. His attempts to imbue it with better analytic abilities simply turned it into an hourglass with analytic precision however.

"IT'S 7.463758 YEARS SINCE CREATION! THAT’S 7 YEARS, 169 DAYS, 6 HOURS, 31 MINUTES, 12 SECONDS, 288 MILLISECONDS."

"THAT TOOK ME 10 MILLISECONDS TO CALCULATE AND 30 SECONDS TO RECITE. IT’S 7.463759 YEARS SINCE CREATION"

"GIVEN CALCULATION AND REPORTING TIME, I CAN ONLY GIVE 5 SIGNIFICANT FIGURES AFTER A DECIMAL FOR A REPORT ON TIME IN YEARS. IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?"

Alkroth (WhitiusOpus)

Even the tuberous plants Alkroth attempted to create could not find a way to sustain themselves.

My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:48 am »

Creation: Through the limitless genius of DINGIR, take EN's severed pinky finger and use it as a seedling for life in the Manifold.
Destruction: With a piercing holler only DINGIR himself could make, plunge hand into EN and tear out his heart to take the fight out of him!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 09:47:33 am »

Help LEGeM along with a decision as to how to stop them from fighting-- inform him that keeping them permanently frozen, or ending them, would be unacceptable, though.
Give Quo the ability to actually -be sentient I swear-.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »

Give Quo the ability to actually -be sentient I swear-.

STOP RUINING THE BEST THING EVER!

Also, I actually didn't see much challenge from you guys but now HARRY IS GETTIN PRAISED BY GM. CREATIVE EFFORST MUST BE RODEEBLED. :P

Password waits and lets the chests generate creations for a thousand years. Always observing the creations for skill in navigating the maze and solving the myriad puzzles, Password takes the ten most skilled ones and seeds their kind all across the Maze as budding civilizations.

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2014, 07:34:48 pm »

facepalm

In need of soothing destruction to help quench his anger towards his most recent failure, Alkroth attempts to rip a hole in time and space itself - he grasps an area of his space, and reads it, creating a massive wormhole to other dimensions - even those of other gods.

Make a wormhole to the other god'(s) dimension(s). Plurality depending on success rate.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:51 am »

I feel pretty lucky in terms of rolls.

Action: Create life?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2014, 09:36:05 am »

Password (BFEL)

Password waited patiently for his chests to generate new forms of life. He found at the end of his waiting a variety of forms, ranging from twisted conglomerations of mismatched pieces to a few coherent beings. Password realized that the random generation of living beings was perhaps less than ideal, having come to this epiphany after witnessing a number of creations which tried to combine robotic and marine aspects to ill effect. In fact, he could not find ten beings which he thought would thrive to any appreciable degree. In the end he settled on six races.

The first was a race that presented as a giant lump of hair. These creatures roamed around the maze peacefully, their hair filtering out nutrients from the air. They moved freely amongst other beings, ignoring others and being similarly ignored.

The second was a race of decaying giant lizards. They appeared quite fierce, but were ultimately only interested in the arcane aspects of the world around them, seeking knowledge.

The third was a strange “race”. It consisted of sentient balls of energy which enjoyed locking other beings into dreams, where they must complete some form of game to escape. These mischievous beings moved silently, coming upon their victims suddenly and without warning.
The fourth was a race of large anthropomorphized pigeons that sought a hedonistic lifestyle of food, drink, and other pleasures. This caused them to be fairly lazy, but also surprisingly motivated to seek out things which would fulfill their desires.

The fifth was a race of subservient anthropomorphized boars. They did the bidding of other sentients, and were adopted quickly by the pigeons. They often neglected their tasks, but nonetheless made passable servants with proper oversight.

The final race consisted of generally solitary slime beasts which attack other beings to harvest their skeletons, which give shape to the beasts. The entire race meets occasionally to sacrifice their skeletons to Password, believing they will be granted luck in their endeavours through the maze by their sacrifice, despite the fact that they lose their form in the process.

Perun (Fluoman)

Perun enjoyed the company that It had created for Itself but desired to create life. It cast unto Merre a number of rudimentary life forms, consisting mostly of plankton and bacteria thriving off of the energy of the sun, or the methane vents deep within the ocean. The electric region of space solemnly left the circle and expanded itself around Merre. It heated the lower atmosphere substantially, scorching some of the plankton but also laying way for greater diversity in the future.

DINGIR (Harry Baldman)

DINGIR cast EN’s finger onto the Manifold in hopes of the first forms of life appearing from it. However, it appears it was not potent enough to generate any life. In his frustration, DINGIR let loose a terrible howl and tore EN’s heart out, preventing the rogue demigod from attempting to escape any further.
Time continued fumbling along backwards, but again to no great effect since the Manifold contains no denizens.

FIDeM (Powder Minder)

FIDeM sought counsel with LEGeM, to encourage him to use his powers to prevent fighting in a constructive way. He encouraged LEGeM to try to form positive relationships between the other gods by getting them to interact meaningfully with each other and empathize with each other. While LEGeM worked to figure out how to manage this, FIDeM went to Quo. He imbued Quo with a higher degree of sentience. Still not creating a fully cooperative god, Quo began bounding around the universe creating small temporal abnormalities.

LEGeM took the other two gods and, for a short eternity, essentially acted as a relationship counselor. Hoping to get a professional relationship out of them, LEGeM actually managed to form a romantic attraction between them as well.

All four protogods were now more or less at the beck and call of FIDeM, and would micromanage aspects of the universe at his request. If left unattended, however, they could get involved in any number of odd behaviors, especially Quo.

Alkroth (WhitiusOpus)

Alkroth was tired of experiencing repeated frustration regarding his attempts to create life. Hoping to be able to interact with other deities instead of focusing on this fairly repetitive task, he attempted to rip open a wormhole. All he managed to create was a super nova, which unfortunately destroyed one of the Kranos.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
My Area

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 08:30:23 pm »

Also, I’m amending my original vision for this game. Having stages with different actions possible seems like far too much structure. I think continuing with this same action scheme will work well. Also, remember that you all have 2 actions. If you choose to use both on one task I’ll take the higher roll. This will help people like WhitiusOpus that have experienced repeated problems on a single task.

Thank the LORD!

Carry out with this
facepalm

In need of soothing destruction to help quench his anger towards his most recent failure, Alkroth attempts to rip a hole in time and space itself - he grasps an area of his space, and reads it, creating a massive wormhole to other dimensions - even those of other gods.

Make a wormhole to the other god'(s) dimension(s). Plurality depending on success rate.

Again. But x2 for more success rate.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2014, 09:13:12 am »

Creation: through the boundless invention of DINGIR, place the still-beating, immortal heart of EN inside the Manifold as far from EN's flesh as possible, so that its divine light and heat may bathe the Manifold in light and heat along its entire length.

Destruction: with a fell laugh only possible through the awe-inspiring throat of DINGIR, tear out EN's long bones and break them open so that their entire marrow spills on the surface on the Manifold, inadvertently providing the indestructible matter of the Manifold that shall replicate itself infinitely toward the future by virtue of the Manifold's construction.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:17:15 am by Harry Baldman »

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 04:37:02 am »

Action: Observe the things, and if they have an obvious requirement for continued existence, make it so that they have it.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »

((Hey all, there's a big discussion going on in the Roller's Block thread about what it is that kills games, and one of the things that has come up is that some GM's desire feedback from players and tend not to get it. I haven't yet asked in this game about feedback, but we're a number of turns in, so I'd love some written feedback from you guys. So, is there anything I should work on? What do you think of my writing? Have I been fair? Give me any sort of feedback that you like, even a short sentence lets me know what you think of playing my game. Positive and negative feedback are both effective in helping me stay motivated, and help me improve.))
My Area

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »

Well, one problem probably is that there's another game just like this one (just more complex) going on. You're doing a good job, it just feels like the RDG wants to screw me over as much as possible...

When things go against what you're trying to do multiple times in a row, it's hard to keep trying to work with it. Maybe make failures more exciting? Right now when I fail, it's like I just fail. I want to fail spectacularly, where a negative consequence occurs, rather than nothing at all.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2014, 01:36:18 pm »

Well, one problem probably is that there's another game just like this one (just more complex) going on. You're doing a good job, it just feels like the RDG wants to screw me over as much as possible...

When things go against what you're trying to do multiple times in a row, it's hard to keep trying to work with it. Maybe make failures more exciting? Right now when I fail, it's like I just fail. I want to fail spectacularly, where a negative consequence occurs, rather than nothing at all.
((By the more complex one are you referring to TamerVirus' or another one?

Also, I will try to make failures do more. My writing for your turns has been rather disappointing, leading to very little change in your universe. I'll try to prevent this from happening in the future.))
My Area

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2014, 01:51:49 pm »

I myself happen to find this game entirely wonderful so far, but that might just be because I have a concept in mind and the basics of it have been put into place. The randomness is good, but then again, it's also been kind to me so far. I remember there was another god game where I literally rolled nothing but ones 3-5 turns in a row. Boy, did that suck terribly.

Anyhow, I find myself anticipating new turns, since they invariably mean I can supply more actions, which I love to do for DINGIR. The writing itself could probably be more enthusiastic, though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6