Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496072 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6285 on: June 18, 2014, 06:22:32 am »

Oh yeah, Nyars Boxes. Jim has that permanent painkiller right?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: June 18, 2014, 06:23:40 am »

Yeah. D'you want it? I'm getting tired of hauling it around. :P I'm not even going to charge for it, I can't be assed to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6287 on: June 18, 2014, 06:24:13 am »

Yeah, as hilarious as that mission has been, it might really hurt our war erfort not gaining access to whatever technology was hidden in there. And as pw said, everything we do might help or hamper us in the bigger picture, and I think we just shot ourselves in the foot here. What a shame.
Not to mention probably loosing that planet as a potential ally, at lest for the short term. I have a feeling that orbital bombardment won't do well for negotiations and I don't think they're going to believe it was an accident. Then again, the "we bombed you by accident" excuse has been used by Earth military forces in the past with some success...

Not that this was a very important planet, but with the resources of Hephaestus (which is probably nearby), we could turn it into a small fortress/manufacturing world. And every little bit of resource counts in strategy games.
Are they really, though? All level-ups do is give you a bigger chance to overshoot on things until you can buy a decent decomp, at which point you're good. I mean, you can then level up to a constant +4 and always get 5's, but where's the fun in that? :P But with tokens, you can buy new and useful things even when your stats are softcapped - new amps, manips, guns, Nyars boxes, armor...
Yeah. Get enough tokens and you can buy a levelup in the form of a synthflesh body (+1 to most non-space-magic weapon rolls) or Avatar (+1 to all rolls). Not to mention the importance of versatility. If you keep incinerating people with your microwave amp, then piecewise is going to throw something that can't be incinerated at you. But if you have bought something else to give you versatility, like Lars did with the organochemistry amp for example, you have a chance to do better. That's what I'm trying to do, if you look at my stats.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: June 18, 2014, 06:26:34 am »

Yeah. D'you want it? I'm getting tired of hauling it around. :P I'm not even going to charge for it, I can't be assed to.
oooh oooh, give it to "The Tourist", since ya know, I'm planning on buying "gifts" at the "gift shop" anyway, but I won't have the tokens for any unless I want to go on a mission weaponless.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: June 18, 2014, 06:27:09 am »

Oh heck yes! My character is a space bard who doesn't fully understand what artifacts are, first hangover he gets he is probably going to use it xD

My current plan is to tinker with drugs until I can work up a system that lets me drug allies with specific musical notes to provide buffs (Spess Bard!), or screw with artifacts until I die, further our understanding of the nyars boxes, or find a role for my char using one of them xD
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:30:21 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: June 18, 2014, 06:28:43 am »

This reminds me- I'm really curious as to what happens when one overshoots with a ballistic weapon.
I mean, if you're firing a single gauss rifle shot at an enemy, what harm can an overshoot do? Does the round somehow ricochet back and wipe out your teammates? :P Or do you just keep firing at the already dead enemy?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: June 18, 2014, 06:31:02 am »

Overkill and shoot a bunch of times?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: June 18, 2014, 06:31:57 am »

At everything, most likely. What I'm curious about is what happens when you overshoot on endurance. I've done it once and nothing much happened, but I'm curious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:05 am »

Eh, I'll give the Tourist my other knife so he doesn't have to go on a mission entirely weaponless. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: June 18, 2014, 06:33:33 am »

Eh, I'll give the Tourist my other knife so he doesn't have to go on a mission entirely weaponless. :P
eh, I'm gonna get a Microwave Amp regardless. Propably also going to check out if there's anything he can get for just 2 tokens, or I'm going to save it for "gifts".

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: June 18, 2014, 06:34:02 am »

All right then.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: June 18, 2014, 06:34:34 am »

At everything, most likely. What I'm curious about is what happens when you overshoot on endurance. I've done it once and nothing much happened, but I'm curious.

I've worked out to the point of almost throwing up before? Something like that maybe?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: June 18, 2014, 06:34:54 am »

Frozen brain. Believe it or not, I rolled a 6 for that.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: June 18, 2014, 06:35:28 am »

Tokens can cover for a few stats (e.g. Dex) but if you want to have reliable skill with something, you'll need the levels. And for certain weapons (e.g. Amps) you need to pass the level requirements, while for guns you just need some strenght.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: June 18, 2014, 06:36:28 am »

or screw with artefacts until I die, further our understanding of the nyars boxes, or find a role for my char using one of them xD

Might I suggest a triangular purple with a vertical line, to start with?

(Kekeke)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 2205