Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]  (Read 11495 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 2: Larger]
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 06:10:32 am »

Alrighty then, even though I seem to have a curse in which every game I put in a application seems to die soon after with unerring regularity, I'll see if I can think up one to put in here:
Is it funny that the thread died immediately after this message?
I KNOW! It's happened for almost every forum game I've played or submitted in, even bay12 goes vegas died soon after my application! Also be a deity I Believe, in which my idea for a vegetation themed turtle came into play, second time I came back in and started submitting ideas, phhhf dead, it's like clockwork apart from einstuenian roulette but that thing ain't going to stop anytime soon.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 2: Larger]
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2014, 05:49:08 am »

Turn 3: Matters of Mind

Quercus is glad the tree didn't suffer too much damage. He pondered for a while and decided to leave the cracks alone for now.
Now he needed followers, he knew exactly how to proceed.

Extend roots for about a kilometer radius around me. Any trees the roots connect to, will be granted sentience.
They should be able to communicate with each other, in a way non-plants would not be able to notice.
Then declare myself lord over Trees and Woodlands.

[Good] You strain yourself too hard again, and end up slurped into long stretches of your tree's roots. Your presence there grants sapience to the trees it touches, at least.

You also claim the title God of Trees without much fuss, but too much lives in and around woodlands to snatch that particular title.

Colossal Tree (Quercus; Devoured)
A massive white tree that towers high above the forest around it. Grievous cracks run rampant throughout, but it remains standing. Its roots stretch out far in several directions, connecting to many trees along their path.

Thought Trees
These trees are connected to the roots of the might Colossal Tree, and are sapient as a result. As trees, they are unable to do much except philosophize.

+1 Spirit

Rales examines super secret stuff some more.
"Interesting..."

[Good] Oh, that's... (PM'd)

+1 Spirit

Demihemios applauds the efforts of the Superb Owl. "My, these are much more exciting now. Splendid work!" He is so impressed, in fact, he decides to pay the favour on by helping out the poor, fluffy Acid Eagles.

Paint the Acid Eagles in beautiful shades of green, blue and brown.
[Good] You decorate the acid eagles with beautiful patchworks of green, blue, and brown, like artistic versions of nature.

Acid Eagles (Flowery Sunshine, Demihemios)
These very fluffy eagles can vomit stomach acids at things that annoy them. While not generally useful for catching prey, it does make them unpleasant to deal with. Their plumage is a beautiful, patchwork mix of blue, green, and brown, giving them a vibrant yet natural appearance.

+1 Spirit

Excellent, excellent... but they need more!

Extend the sharp legs  .
[Poor] You extend the legs too far, making them ultra-thin and flexible. They're still technically sharp, but they operate more as feelers than true limbs now.

Needleshrimp (Darkbane)
These small shrimp's legs are extremely long, pointy, flexible, and thin, and are used more like feelers than true limbs.

"CAW?"

The Superb Owl does the next logical step, and makes some birds out of the birdwinds!
[Poor] You overextend yourself and are slurped into the birdwinds. The results are still clearly cloud-birds, but your divine essence grants them the ability to think, fly, and very loosely be birds.

Cloudwings (Superb Owl; DEVOURED)
These brownish birds are clearly made of clouds. They never land, eat, sleep, or breed, and instead come about through the birdwinds through unknown forces.

"Well, they're still bigger than they were before, so this is going somewhere."
Give Spitesnakes wings, or if I can't do that yet, make them poisonous, or if they're already poisonous, increase the potency of their poison. Then claim title of god of Serpents, if sucesful.
[Poor] Giving them wings is beyond your abilities as a single step, so you attempt to increase how venomous they are. Instead, they end up with festering saliva that isn't venomous so much as infectious, plaguing things bitten by it with an infected wound.

You declare yourself God of Serpents nonetheless.

Spitesnakes (Gorlacois)
These small, long green snakes are unusually good at remembering and reacting to things that have wronged them in the past. Their saliva is festering and disease-ridden, making their bites likely to cause infection.

"You are making good progress young ones... perhaps I shall reward it." Snickerlizards are now born with a gem (eaten by the mother while producing the egg) on their tails that allows them to lift small objects with their minds.
[Good] You strain a bit too much giving your lizards telekinetic gem-tails, and end up inside them. The only upside is that your presence there lets them lift objects a lot larger than "small."

Snickerlizards (Bob; DEVOURED)
These large lizards are extraordinarily intelligent for lizards, and routinely display uncannily cunning behavior. They are fairly social as a result, and prone to occasionally playing with objects. Mothers swallow small gemstones while producing eggs, which leave each hatchling a gem on its tail. This gem is the focus of their impressive telekinetic abilities, allowing them to hurl about and fight off predators many times their size.

+1 Spirit

"Still good. Carry on."

Make the river waters extremely cloudy so that land-dwellers can't see through the water. Claim the Sphere of Water.

[Poor] You shift some rocks around until they make rapids, which of course clouds the water.

You try to declare yourself God of Water, but the presence of needleshrimp and changelings makes it ring hollow with only your rapids.

Stone Rapids (Korwa)
This area is predominated by several large rocks that make most of the river lengths in the area into rapids.

Modify ravens with the urge to peck out the eyes of the living.

Bird God claim please
[Poor] You modify some ravens to be very aggressive, pecking viciously at the faces of things that anger or annoy them, which is most things. They don't intentionally go for or eat the eyes, however.

Despite having one and a half bird-related creations, Demihemios' one and Superb Owl's also one and a half make your claim of God of Birds ring hollow. Again.

Bilecrows (Flowery Sunshine)
These ravens are very aggressive and ill-tempered, pecking viciously at the faces of things that anger or annoy them, which is most things.

GOD DAMNIT.

Two poor results in a row...

make "heroic" mice with courage and intelligence, whose role is to inspire other mice and gradually get rid of the bullies.

If I get another fumble I'm out. I mean, that's two rounds where not only do I fail to achieve my goal, but I achieve the EXACT OPPOSITE. Really?
[Good] You overextend yourself making courageous, intelligent, inspiring justice-mice, and end up slurped inside of them. On the bright side, your white paladin-mice are remarkably justice-oriented for not actually being fully sapient.

Justice Mice (Tesserb; DEVOURED)
These Cringemice are white in color, brave, intelligent, and remarkably inspiring and justice-oriented for mice. They tend to rally the normally fearful Cringemice, and put an end to bullying from the larger members and injustice and unfairness in general.

+1 Spirit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I apologize for the extended hiatus. I got distracted by other projects, and my current efforts suffered as a result.

I make considerably fewer apologies for half of you stuffing yourselves into your own creations again this turn. It's a learning process. :3
I KNOW! It's happened for almost every forum game I've played or submitted in, even bay12 goes vegas died soon after my application! Also be a deity I Believe, in which my idea for a vegetation themed turtle came into play, second time I came back in and started submitting ideas, phhhf dead, it's like clockwork apart from einstuenian roulette but that thing ain't going to stop anytime soon.
Surprise! You're in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 3: Matters of Mind]
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2014, 06:05:06 am »

Quercus sighed, pondering over how he can make things easier for himself.
Instead of attempting to break free, find a way to stay in the tree form while still be able to manipulate with my immediate surroundings.
While doing so, try to grant the sapient trees the ability to communicate with each other.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:15:14 am by Ultimuh »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:42 am »

It popped into existence as a pile of rocks, dirt and precious gemstones, and sat stone silent for almost 10 minutes, of course, this was just boring.

first off, make a tree that absorbs nutrients and water and then stores it in small, delicious and highly nutritious fruits hanging off the trunk.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2014, 06:55:37 am »

Demihemios is of the opinion that the bilecrows are entirely too grumpy! Let's turn that bile into a smile!

Instruct the Bilecrows in singing beautiful birdsong. Claim the Bird sphere, on the basis that I've had a hand in every bird-related act thus far.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2014, 08:50:48 am »

The Superb Owl was concerned about becoming a part of the birdwinds. Not because he's an owl, but because he still gets to do step 2.

Step 2: Procreate with the Birdwinds to create cloud owlets!

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:54 am »

Ralex examines what the super-secret-things are super-secretly interacting with

He seems perturbed
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2014, 11:06:26 am »

((Three questions, even though I can't effect anything around me can I still affect Snickerlizards? Also can more than one god work together on one action pooling their power? Also, can you claim a sphere a turn after you did the action?))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2014, 12:46:29 pm »

I do my first succesful roll and got devoured as a result. Fuck me, right?

Well, I won't even dare to threaten the integrity of my ONLY SUCCESS, so I'll wait for automatic freedom.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:35 pm »

Just relax and gather spirit.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:06 pm »

((Wouldn't the presence of the Changelings aid towards me taking the Water Sphere? Wouldn't the Rotfish as well?))

Modify the Changelings to have an intense curiosity towards other organisms and objects.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:26:47 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2014, 02:22:22 am »

Gorlacois decided that this was enough meddling on his part for now. He needed more power to alter his creatures more significantly.
Just explore the areas. Try finding more creatures. Start gathering power so I can change my creatures more significantly.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2014, 07:12:08 am »

Improve Acid Eagle spit attack by making it longer ranged.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2014, 07:19:12 am »

Turn 4: Vision

Quercus sighed, pondering over how he can make things easier for himself.
Instead of attempting to break free, find a way to stay in the tree form while still be able to manipulate with my immediate surroundings.
While doing so, try to grant the sapient trees the ability to communicate with each other.

[Good] It occurs to you that regaining your ability to manipulate things will generally require breaking free of whatever you're trapped in, making the two outcomes uncomfortably linked. However, if you only break free enough to manipulate your current prison into being able to manipulate more things, you could potentially get comparable results without the damage.

[Good] You manage to let the trees connected to you communicate seamlessly through you, which also gives them a much greater rate of communication.

Thought Trees (Quercus)
These trees are connected to the roots of the might Colossal Tree, and are sapient as a result. They can communicate rapidly with each other through this connection. As trees, they are unable to do much except philosophize.

+1 Spirit

It popped into existence as a pile of rocks, dirt and precious gemstones, and sat stone silent for almost 10 minutes, of course, this was just boring.

first off, make a tree that absorbs nutrients and water and then stores it in small, delicious and highly nutritious fruits hanging off the trunk.
[Good] It proves relatively simple to migrate the fruit of an existing tree into compact, nutritious trunk-fruit.

Trunkfruit (Krozoa)
These trees have compact, delicious, nutritious fruit on their trunks, rather than on their branches.

+1 Spirit

Demihemios is of the opinion that the bilecrows are entirely too grumpy! Let's turn that bile into a smile!

Instruct the Bilecrows in singing beautiful birdsong. Claim the Bird sphere, on the basis that I've had a hand in every bird-related act thus far.
[Good] You teach the bilecrows melodious, beautiful songs, which even mellows them a bit by transforming some of their aggressive physical behavior into singing.

Bilecrows (Flowery Sunshine, Demihemios)
These ravens are very aggressive and ill-tempered, pecking viciously at the faces of things that anger or annoy them, which is most things. They also sing beautifully, and will sometimes curb their aggression to sing at the objects of their displeasure instead.

+1 Spirit

You then attempt to claim the bird sphere.

SpiritBird Acts Tally
DemihemiosIII
Flowery SunshineII
Superb OwlII

While you've indeed been involved in almost every bird act so far... so has everyone else, and the Superb Owl stands alone in the Cloudwings.

The title God of Birds eludes your grasp.

The Superb Owl was concerned about becoming a part of the birdwinds. Not because he's an owl, but because he still gets to do step 2.

Step 2: Procreate with the Birdwinds to create cloud owlets!
[Poor] Being inside the birdwings, you are unable to properly breed with them. You do manage to break a few apart into owlet cloudwings, but it's not really the same.

Cloudwing Owlets (Superb Owl; DEVOURED)
These small, brownish owls are clearly made of clouds. They never land, eat, sleep, or breed, and instead come about through cloudwings splitting into them through unknown forces.

Ralex examines what the super-secret-things are super-secretly interacting with

He seems perturbed
[Normal] This might or might not alleviate that concern. (PM'd)

((Three questions, even though I can't effect anything around me can I still affect Snickerlizards? Also can more than one god work together on one action pooling their power? Also, can you claim a sphere a turn after you did the action?))
((Ah, sorry. Meant to get to this earlier; you can take two actions this turn if you'd like. If not, it'll be assumed you weren't going to act this round anyway and the extra action will expire.

You can try to affect whatever you're devoured by, but the specifics may turn out differently.

Spirits may indeed pool their efforts. It must be on something that has all of their spheres in common if they hope to spend Spirit on it.

You may attempt to claim a sphere at any time. Spheres are a matter of having a good claim to them, not seizing them after an appropriate action.))

I do my first succesful roll and got devoured as a result. Fuck me, right?

Well, I won't even dare to threaten the integrity of my ONLY SUCCESS, so I'll wait for automatic freedom.
((There is no automatic escape; that part in the OP refers to the now-defunct period after being devoured where you can't do anything at all.

You're stuck trying to gently jimmy your way free (or give up and go nova, of course) no matter what. Well, technically someone else could jimmy you free, but the concept would be similar.))

Just relax and gather spirit.
[Normal] You relax, but it's not, like, really relaxing, you know?

((Wouldn't the presence of the Changelings aid towards me taking the Water Sphere? Wouldn't the Rotfish as well?))

Modify the Changelings to have an intense curiosity towards other organisms and objects.
((Oh, did I miss those? Yes, those would help. If needleshrimp are really your only competition... well, it'd be close, but I think you could take it.))

[CRIT][Good] You modify the changelings to be curious, but this curiosity seems to transcend normal limits. They don't just watch everything incessantly- they learn from it in remarkable ways, processing and acting upon what they've seen. Stranger still, this curiosity doesn't spare their fellow changelings- they're as incessantly curious about each other and in some cases even themselves as they are about everything else.

Rapids Changelings (Korwa)
These Stone Rapids dragonflies are disturbingly curious and contemplative about everything, including each other. They have a frightening capacity to learn from what they've seen, and routinely engage in suspiciously sapient-looking behaviors. They are capable of completely controlling their life cycles and all aspects therein. They may mature or regress at will, grow, absorb, activate, or deactivate features of themselves at will, and regenerate any missing or damaged parts through similar processes.

+1 Spirit

With all that on your mind, you go ahead and proclaim yourself God of Water.

Gorlacois decided that this was enough meddling on his part for now. He needed more power to alter his creatures more significantly.
Just explore the areas. Try finding more creatures. Start gathering power so I can change my creatures more significantly.
[Normal] You poke a rock, and it turns out to be a broad, somewhat triangle-shaped bug with a log of tiny legs.

Improve Acid Eagle spit attack by making it longer ranged.
[Good] You greatly improve their ranger and accuracy, allowing them to effectively harass and occasionally even hunt with it.

Acid Eagles (Flowery Sunshine, Demihemios)
These very fluffy eagles can vomit stomach acids impressive distances at things that annoy them. In addition to making them unpleasant to deal with at close range, they can sometimes use it to harass off rivals or predators at range, and sometimes even stagger prey long enough to gain a meal. Their plumage is a beautiful, patchwork mix of blue, green, and brown, giving them a vibrant yet natural appearance.

+1 Spirit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 4: Vision]
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:28 am »

Quercus is quite pleased with the current result, but things could get better.
Give about half these trees the ability to uproot themselves, move around and replant as they please.
Also, let all sentient trees communicate through their own roots, not having to depend on mine.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:07:01 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9