Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]  (Read 11476 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 5: What Have You Done]
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2014, 06:47:28 am »

(I'm mostly just doing whatever comes to mind, but I've got a basic idea of an ecosystem from that tree.)
"good, very good, it looks like I should be able to stretch my abilities a bit wider."
create small, mosquito like insects with extremely strong abdomen muscles and large wings, with a hollow, tube like proboscis, they will suck the juices out from the trunk fruit and store it in their transparent and stretchy stomachs underneath the belly.
(Now I've got an idea, muhahaha!)
(I know the trunk fruits would burst from the holes, I'm just worried about overusing mah powers.)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2014, 08:13:43 am »

Reneedleize the shrimp! Make them able to form spikes out of themselves!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2014, 11:33:11 am »

I increase the storage capacity and absorption rate of the Yum Yum gems.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »

Give Supreme Owl some help - Divide the Cloudwings into Male and Female birdcloudthingies so that he can get his owlet on. With himself.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2014, 09:22:43 pm »

The Superb Owl keeps on trying to make more superb owlets, damn it! Probably because it has a literal bird brain.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:10 am »

Turn 6: Refined

Quercus was not very pleased with these results, he tried a workaround to the current problem.
With those whom can move around, but have not yet uprooted themselves.
Give them the ability to be like beacons, connectors or transmitters between trees, sentient or not.

[Good] You empower the Shifty Thought Trees to act as beacons to the Colossal Tree's communication roots. The effect is based on proximity, with physical root touching required for the full, normal effects.

Shifty Thought Trees (Quercus)
These trees are connected to the roots of the might Colossal Tree, and are sapient as a result. They can communicate rapidly with each other through this connection. As trees, they are unable to do much except philosophize. These trees can shift their roots about slowly, though breaking contact with the Colossal Tree's roots would render them no longer sapient. They act as beacons to the Colossal Tree's communication roots. The effect is based on proximity, with physical root touching required for the full, normal effects.

+1 Spirit

(I'm mostly just doing whatever comes to mind, but I've got a basic idea of an ecosystem from that tree.)
"good, very good, it looks like I should be able to stretch my abilities a bit wider."
create small, mosquito like insects with extremely strong abdomen muscles and large wings, with a hollow, tube like proboscis, they will suck the juices out from the trunk fruit and store it in their transparent and stretchy stomachs underneath the belly.
(Now I've got an idea, muhahaha!)
(I know the trunk fruits would burst from the holes, I'm just worried about overusing mah powers.)
[CRIT][Normal] You modify some mosquitoes to have truly unique digestion mechanisms and food sources. They can suck up fluids of any sort, store them in stretchy underbellies, mix the fluids precisely, inject them into something else, and even concentrate them to save space or form more potent mixtures.

Mixbugs (Krozoa)
Mosquitoes with truly unique digestion mechanisms and food sources. They can suck up fluids of any sort, store them in stretchy underbellies, mix the fluids precisely, inject them into something else, and even concentrate them to save space or form more potent mixtures.

Reneedleize the shrimp! Make them able to form spikes out of themselves!
[Good] You make the nanoshrimp pointy, which also helps them become pointier in larger shapes.

Nanoshrimp (Darkbane)
These miniscule shrimp live in symbiotic hives arranged into a coherent whole, acting as a much larger creature. Up close, they are fairly pointy, which aids them in forming sharp shapes. Their legs are extremely long, pointy, flexible, and thin, and are used primarily to lattice in and feel out each other and their environment.

+1 Spirit

I increase the storage capacity and absorption rate of the Yum Yum gems.
[Normal] You improve the Yum Yum gems' absorption rate and capacity, bringing them up to respectable levels.

Snickerlizards (Bob; DEVOURED)
These large lizards are extraordinarily intelligent for lizards, and routinely display uncannily cunning behavior. They are fairly social as a result, and prone to occasionally playing with objects. Mothers swallow small gemstones while producing eggs, which leave each hatchling a gem on its tail. This gem is the focus of their impressive telekinetic abilities, allowing them to hurl about and fight off predators many times their size. It also absorbs and stores fair amounts of magical energy from nearby sources, which is then released by glowing and being tasty when chewed on.

Give Supreme Owl some help - Divide the Cloudwings into Male and Female birdcloudthingies so that he can get his owlet on. With himself.
[Poor] You make the Cloudwings resemble male and female birds, but it's a superficial difference; they remain as ungendered as real clouds.

Cloudwings (Superb Owl; DEVOURED; Demihemios)
These brownish birds are clearly made of clouds. They never land, eat, sleep, or breed, and instead come about through the birdwinds through unknown forces. Some of them resemble the Superb Owl, showing more of his essence. They appear to have genders, but this is a purely cosmetic distinction.

The Superb Owl keeps on trying to make more superb owlets, damn it! Probably because it has a literal bird brain.
[Normal] You make the owlet-splitting process more common, but fail to produce "real" owlets.

Cloudwing Owlets (Superb Owl; DEVOURED)
These small, brownish owls are clearly made of clouds. They never land, eat, sleep, or breed, and instead routinely come about through cloudwings splitting into them through unknown forces.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2014, 04:08:14 am »

Quercus was quite pleased with the outcome, but something was still missing. They were quite vulnerable to possible threats.
Grant half of the uprootable trees the ability to react with violent hostility towards sapient non-plants.
They will act like guardians to all plant-life within Quercus's domain.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:16:30 am by Ultimuh »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2014, 07:20:54 am »

Oh god, that worked even better than expected, hmmm...
"interesting, this creature could be used for much more than just a high tech syringe."
make the mix bugs form groups, and each group should have a bowl, constructed out of any materials at hand in which all of the mixtures go.

Alan help.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2014, 08:10:38 am »

Grant the Tuffbugs small pincer claws that they can use to attack others, if it's possible for me to do right now without getting devoured. If I'l get devoured doing the first action, give the Tuffbugs a mouth. Also give them lots of sharp teeth in their mouth, if I won't get devoured doing so. Also make Snickerlizards vengeful, scheming beings, if I'm able to do that without getting devoured.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:37:31 pm by darkpaladin109 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2014, 09:51:20 am »

I expend all my spirit to give Yum Yum Gems the properties of poison joke to all non-snickerlizards.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:46 pm »

Make them reproduce faster.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »

Yeah, that should definitely work. The Owl can take it from here. Back to Art!

Paint the sky with colourful clouds! Purple, Green, Pink...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »

Yeah, that should definitely work. The Owl can take it from here. Back to Art!

Paint the sky with colourful clouds! Purple, Green, Pink...
((The only clouds you can affect are the Cloudwings. You were Devoured.))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »

((You're thinking of the Superb Owl. If I were also devoured, it would be listed as "Cloudwings (Superb Owl; DEVOURED; Demihemios; DEVOURED)" and it would say "DEVOURED (Turn 6)" under my name in the spirits listing.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2014, 08:29:53 pm »

I Think I may create some sentient beings in a few turns, actually, would everyone be fine with that or do you want to keep making courageous mice?
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9