Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]  (Read 11501 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 1: Ravenous]
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 06:40:00 pm »

I'm going to watch this, when someone accidentally makes sentient clouds, it's bound to be interesting.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 1: Ravenous]
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2014, 10:27:10 pm »

Turn 2: Larger

Well. The prank didn't quite work out, but I now have more exciting things to be doing: Explore!

Ride the Birdwinds! Swoooosh! Also, I am now Demihemios, God of Winds!
[Good] Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Demihemios, God of Winds enjoyed a nice ride recently.

+1 Spirit

Querceus found himself in a peculiar situation. Sure he was inside the tree, but not in the way he imagined.
Attempt to break free, but in a way that he still inhabits the tree.

Spoiler: For OP only (click to show/hide)
[Good] You manage to crack free of your bindings without escaping the tree entirely. The tree still suffers grievous cracks as a result, but you're somewhat melded with it, putting you somewhere between full godhood and full treedom.

Colossal Tree (Quercus; Semi-Devoured)
A massive white tree that towers high above the forest around it. Grievous cracks run rampant throughout, but it remains standing.

+1 Spirit

"Creatures deserving of the Throne. Excellent."

Modify some fish to allow them to photosynthesise after consuming algae. Acquire Fish Sphere if successful.

((a species of water snail actually does this.))
[Poor] You create some fish with a bizarre life cycle- once they've mated, they start to rot, and the algae they feed upon begin consuming them. When the eggs hatch, the fishlings have a giant mass of algae to feed upon and hide inside.

You call yourself God of Fish as a result.

Rotfish (Korwa)
Silvery fish with a bizarre life cycle- once they've mated, they start to rot, and the algae they feed upon begin consuming them. When the eggs hatch, the fishlings have a giant mass of algae to feed upon and hide inside.

The Superb Owl is not phased by its inability to find a mate. It is an owl, after all. A Superb Owl.

The Superb Owl makes the Birdwinds more bird-like to become the God of Birds.
[Good] You increase the birdliness of the shapes and the erraticness of their flights, making them look much more like living things.

You attempt to declare yourself God of Birds, but with your only (corporeal) claim being a modification of someone else's works, it falls flat.

Birdwinds (Demihemios, Superb Owl)
Fast-moving clouds sometimes take on very birdlike shapes as they travel through the sky, and frequently perform erratic, birdlike motions and changes in direction. The results often look like a flock of birds.

+1 Spirit

"Soon my children we will become great!"  I make them even smarter.
[Normal] You improve their intelligence further, causing them to sometimes play with random objects as though attempting to understand them.

Snickerlizards (Bob)
These large lizards are extraordinarily intelligent for lizards, and routinely display uncannily cunning behavior. They are fairly social as a result, and prone to occasionally playing with objects.

Tesserb is disappointed. Sure, the cringemice huddle together and are +Kawaii+, but they just don't do anything else... Something must be done.

Slightly reduce the fear of Cringemice. They'll still be cowards, but at least they should get their shit together and live normally. Increase their intelligence if possible, slightly.

Find another kind of rodents, squirrels or other hyperactive kind, living in the same area than cringemice, and make them reckless (though not enough to put them in danger of extinction).

[Poor] You fumble with trying to accomplish two things at once, before making some of the Cringemice bullies. The rest have a tendency to be goaded into action by the biggest members, who are still too cowardly to do anything themselves when they can panic and coerce others into doing it for them.

Cringemice (Tesserb)
These fairly large, plump, brown rodents have large eyes for their size. They tend to huddle fearfully in groups when not doing anything else, but are usually being bullied into action by the largest and no less cowardly amongst them.

Make the shrimp have sharp pinchers. Claim Sphere of Sharp Objects

Darkbane was annoyed. Seriously, were shrimp the best he could find!?. Still, give them so pinchers, make them bigger.... He could work with this.
[Poor] Their "pinchers" come out as pointy little needle-legs. They're sharp, at least, so you claim yourself God of Sharp Objects.

Needleshrimp (Darkbane)
These small shrimp have very pointy, needle-like legs that they can use to stab things.

Gorlacois was quite pleased with his creation. Still, he thought they needed something more.
Attempt to increase the size of Spitesnakes and slightly increase the potency of their poison. If I can't do that yet, make Snickerlizards or Cringemice vengeful creatures.
[Poor] You end up making them longer rather than "larger" in the more traditional sense.

Spitesnakes (Gorlacois)
These small, long green snakes are unusually good at remembering and reacting to things that have wronged them in the past.

Break free enough to manipulate the tree some more. Make it's roots grow farther and travel to and fro using the roots.
[Poor] Your attempts to break free are clumsy, at best. The Cloaktrees detonate with the force of their patron extracting himself, creating a blinding miasma where they once stood.

You remain partially in their stumps and roots.

Miasma Grove (Liar)
This area is thick with a blinding miasma. The jagged black stumps of thin trees are common here, as is little else.

Ralex examines his surroundings for decomposers.
((Ah yes, sorry about that. You may indeed join anytime and act immediately until the roster is more formalized.))

[CRIT][Poor] You find...

...oh no.

[Super Secret Results PM'd]

Increase the size of the acid eagles.

Claim Bird Sphere if possible.

Damn birdclouds messing up my plans.
[Poor] You make the acid eagles fluffier, not really "larger."

Acid Eagles (Flowery Sunshine)
These very fluffy eagles can vomit stomach acids at things that annoy them. While not generally useful for catching prey, it does make them unpleasant to deal with.

You try to claim the title God of Birds, but you're still not in a clear lead over the other two pretenders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 2: Larger]
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2014, 11:45:28 pm »

Quercus is glad the tree didn't suffer too much damage. He pondered for a while and decided to leave the cracks alone for now.
Now he needed followers, he knew exactly how to proceed.

Extend roots for about a kilometer radius around me. Any trees the roots connect to, will be granted sentience.
They should be able to communicate with each other, in a way non-plants would not be able to notice.
Then declare myself lord over Trees and Woodlands.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:35:57 am by Ultimuh »

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2014, 11:52:53 pm »

Rales examines super secret stuff some more.
"Interesting..."
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 02:42:19 am »

Demihemios applauds the efforts of the Superb Owl. "My, these are much more exciting now. Splendid work!" He is so impressed, in fact, he decides to pay the favour on by helping out the poor, fluffy Acid Eagles.

Paint the Acid Eagles in beautiful shades of green, blue and brown.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2014, 08:23:02 am »

Excellent, excellent... but they need more!

Extend the sharp legs  .

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2014, 09:34:28 am »

"CAW?"

The Superb Owl does the next logical step, and makes some birds out of the birdwinds!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:56 am »

"Well, they're still bigger than they were before, so this is going somewhere."
Give Spitesnakes wings, or if I can't do that yet, make them poisonous, or if they're already poisonous, increase the potency of their poison. Then claim title of god of Serpents, if sucesful.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2014, 12:33:06 pm »

"You are making good progress young ones... perhaps I shall reward it." Snickerlizards are now born with a gem (eaten by the mother while producing the egg) on their tails that allows them to lift small objects with their minds.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:26 am »

"Still good. Carry on."

Make the river waters extremely cloudy so that land-dwellers can't see through the water. Claim the Sphere of Water.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2014, 05:13:04 am »

Modify ravens with the urge to peck out the eyes of the living.

Bird God claim please

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2014, 06:00:29 am »

GOD DAMNIT.

Two poor results in a row...

make "heroic" mice with courage and intelligence, whose role is to inspire other mice and gradually get rid of the bullies.

If I get another fumble I'm out. I mean, that's two rounds where not only do I fail to achieve my goal, but I achieve the EXACT OPPOSITE. Really?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:05:43 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2014, 06:55:02 am »

Alrighty then, even though I seem to have a curse in which every game I put in a application seems to die soon after with unerring regularity, I'll see if I can think up one to put in here:
Name:Krozoa
Form:  being formed mostly out of rocks, dirt and various crystals and minerals, the spirit is normally a hyper dense cluster of debris, normally, when it's mind wanders, it will slowly form into a crude shaping of the creature thought of, with diamonds, Ruby's or any type of crystal for eyes, dirt for fur, rock for skin and so on.
Personality: mainly not the one to be bothered with other spirits theatrics, apart from taking notes from other creatures, he enjoys forming vast webs of its own tiny ecosystem.
Would that be good?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:55 am »

Now would be a good idea to consider updating this.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2014, 04:29:29 am »

Alrighty then, even though I seem to have a curse in which every game I put in a application seems to die soon after with unerring regularity, I'll see if I can think up one to put in here:
Is it funny that the thread died immediately after this message?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9