Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79020 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : bars, pubs and inns.
« Reply #645 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »

In the vegetable kingdom, on the royal plaza

((I have decided that the minus to evil action is tied to a neck shackle. Just for role playing purposes. Is that okay? It would presumably require some roundabout bullshit quest to get off.))
*whispering to friends so as not to be overheard by/offend soldiers*"Man that king seems like a real douchemonkey but a quest is a quest right? Any ideas about how to convince/threaten the locals to give us horses? I could threaten with my magic but this damn collar will make it much harder."
Perhaps we could get some help from the soldiers?

((Come on Baldman, use your Clown Powers to convince the soldiers to mutiny and join us!))
"Let's see if we can obtain ourselves a proper adventuring party!"

Seek out a disgruntled mass of soldiers looking to get drunk - they are as fertile a soil for mutiny as my hat is for tomatoes! Try to convince them to take up adventure and follow us to glory!
As the soldiers start to split up and head for other locations, Nosegay starts looking around for a group who are looking to get drunk. He spots a gaggle of about 15 people who are heading towards the lower district. As our trio follow the group of soldiers, they notice that all of them have either green or brown skin and their armour is rather basic looking. The group enters a small pub called "The rusty pitchfork". Nosegay immediatly follows them inside, Seanna and Angus following close behind.

The inside of the pub isn't quite what you'd expect from a bar in the poorer part of the city. It's rather quiet and nobody seems to making trouble, everyone is just sitting in groups and conversing. Spotting the group, Nosegay goes over to their table and loudly clears his throat. The donversation quickly dies down as the men turn to look at the beardless dwarf that is standing in front of them.

"Gentlemen, how do you feel about having an adventure and following us to glory?" He asks, smiling.

The men don't respond for a while, obviously taking int he strange sight of the three outlanders. One of them, seemingly the commander of the group judging by the gold trim on his helmet and cuirass, speaks up.

"And who, pray tell, may you be? What are you even talking about?"

Seanna meanwhile, in an effort to ignore the clown, takes in her surroundings somewhat more in detail. Allmost all of the people in this bar seem to be wearing the same kind of armour as the group Nosegay is talking to. Above the bar hangs a coat of arms. A dark blue shield, with two large truncheons behind it in a cross. On the shield are written the words "fabricati diem, pvnk"

Near the great bridge
Head inside. See if I can't rent a room for the night, hang out with other inndwellers.
You enter the inn, closing the door firmly against the cold of the night. The ground floor is a somewhat traditional pub, with a large counter and chairs and tables set around he fireplace. The mellow glow of the fireplace and it's soothing warmth would be enough to relax even the most strained of travellers.

You go up to the one of the barmen, passing a few tables of imperial soldiers and an assortment of merchants. The man tells you that he has a spare room upstairs that you're welcome to use. He pours you a generous mug of mead and tells you that he'll go and prepare it right away.

As the barman leaves, you grab your mug and go sit at the bar nearer to the fire. The conversations are calm, with the occasional bouts of laughter. The athmosphere is, all in all, very relaxed. After a while, someone goes to sit on the chair next to you. As you turn around, you're suprised to find yourself face to top of the head with a dwarf. He's wearing nice sturdy clothes and his beard is managed into three thick braids that come nearly to his belt.

"Ho there, fellow non-human. The name's Felgri, travelling merchant. Might I ask what brings you here?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 12, 2014, 05:41:26 pm »

"My name is Garm, I am a master blacksmith and a travelling bard. I'm on my way to visit the Orc village nearby."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:49 pm »

Return to town, inform them of findings.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 13, 2014, 01:51:14 am »

Just a trio of adventurers who were given a mission by a god to end this war of yours.
(Sorta-kinda.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 13, 2014, 01:57:19 am »

"But let us not discuss this here! What say you we move to a more secluded area?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 14, 2014, 03:50:06 pm »

Inside the young falcon inn
"My name is Garm, I am a master blacksmith and a travelling bard. I'm on my way to visit the Orc village nearby."
"Ah, a blacksmith eh, wonderful profession that." he finishes his mug and signals the barman for a refill. "I'm personally going to one of the dwarven outposts between here and Thorum mountain. They've usually got some great deals on ores and crafts. Why would want to go to the orcs though?" He nods to the barman as the man sets the new mug in front of the dwarf. "You don't seem to have anything to sell. And even if you did they're notoriously hard to please, believe me."

In a forest outside of a small town
Return to town, inform them of findings.

You grab the loot and put the cabbage under your arm, where it sort of purrs softly. The warrior picks up the archer and put him effortlessly into a fireman's carry. You give one last look to the burned out hole before the lot of you head back the way you came, making your way through the forest and the field until you finally reach the village. A watchman guides you to the common hall and the village elder and some important poeple all gather. The archer gets brought to the apothecary as you and the warrior start to recount what you found out. The warrior falls silent as you begin to recount what you saw inside of the lab. You tell them about the mages and greenhouse, though you stay quiet about the cabbage under your arm and the two artifacts for now.

The elder speaks

"My my, so it was mages who did all this. Typical of them, really, to go and play with forces they can't control. Or perhaps they did control them, it wouldn't surprise me if they delibaretly set those little monster on our village out of malice. You've done an admirable job, you three. Is there anything else, or shall we decide on your reward? Anything you would prefer?"

Inside the rusty pitchfork
Just a trio of adventurers who were given a mission by a god to end this war of yours.
(Sorta-kinda.)
"But let us not discuss this here! What say you we move to a more secluded area?"
The men stare at you for a second, and some of them look at the man in charge to see what he will do. He speaks in a calm tone, though you sense he is still rather uneasy.

"Right, end our war, eh? Just the three of you? You know what, it's not even the stupidest thing I've heard today." He sighs "Well then, out with it. Speak your piece and do it fast. We aren't going anywhere, though. Every man here is or has been part of the night's watch. If it is with us lot that you've got business, there is no safer place to discuss it."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 14, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »

"I'm attempting some diplomacy, but now I'm not expecting much of a chance."

Garm laughs, although it sounds fairly creepy.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 14, 2014, 04:51:48 pm »

"I'm attempting some diplomacy, but now I'm not expecting much of a chance."

Garm laughs, although it sounds fairly creepy.

"Oh, don't let me dissuade you from trying. They can be a bunch of hardasses, but they're not as impossible to deal with like the elves. They're just...set in their ways, so to say. You'll probably have to prove your worth in some way before they'll really listen to what you have to say. Hey, I could make a small detour and go by the orc village. Would you like to ride with me on me cart? I can get you all the way to K'hrak point afterwatds, not too far for the mountain."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 14, 2014, 05:47:28 pm »

"We're on a god-sent quest to assassinate Lord Toejam from a higher plane of existence. I can cast magic, she can learn magic from me and that guy is our de-facto leader."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 14, 2014, 06:22:27 pm »

"Sure thing."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:34 am »

"Indeed, we are travelers from another world, seeking to find Lord Tomato and teach him the error of his warlike ways by whatever means should prove needed! A hero's quest is in order, and we're wondering if there's any prospective heroes among your number!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 15, 2014, 06:31:33 am »

Seanna drops her face into her hands.
The clown is essentially correct. Hopefully once that's done the ah, god in question will send us back home. I miss sanity.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 15, 2014, 08:06:28 am »

"That's all for now, though I can't help feel like the mages have some sort of larger plan beyond all this. Ah, no matter..."

Natasha straightened up. "I could always use some improved gear and weaponry if that's possible. And some booze. And a place to stay the night with one of your young, muscular farm-hands...." Her face was visibly flushed.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 15, 2014, 09:17:17 am »

The clown is essentially correct. Hopefully once that's done the ah, god in question will send us back home. I miss sanity.
"By the by, do you want to learn some mad lightning Magicks? ((Can I do that?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 15, 2014, 09:19:54 am »

"By the by, do you want to learn some mad lightning Magicks? ((Can I do that?))
((technically, no, because you're only a beginner yourself. But if you really want to, we'll flip a coin: heads teaches her magic and tails blasts you both with bolts of lightning.))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54