Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79014 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : domestic violence and parades
« Reply #630 on: June 27, 2014, 07:44:05 pm »

((To what level? Also you should edit the OP. With all these retcons it's getting confusing.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 27, 2014, 07:49:32 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 27, 2014, 07:52:13 pm »

((Take it as far as you'd like. I'm trying to give everyone the chance to become a real badass, either through magical items or magic itself. Be aware that bigger badder spells also mean bigger badder consequences should you fail.

And sure, I'll update the OP. Would you care to point out what "all of these retcons" are? Because the only one I really see is the magic system.))

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
((Coughtherunesandbluestoneandyoushouldmaybetryhagglingwiththe1.70meterelfyou2metertallslabofscaledmusclecough))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 27, 2014, 08:10:23 pm »

((Yeah but you reconed it like twice.))
Speak to a soldier to see if they could use a mage.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 28, 2014, 12:26:20 am »

Acquire documents. Start heading towards the Orc village.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 28, 2014, 03:14:11 am »

Hang around to find out what all this is about.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 28, 2014, 03:20:01 am »

Gaze at the balcony! Will Il Duce grace us with his countenance? What will he say?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 28, 2014, 11:38:35 pm »

"Let im', rest, took quite ta' beating thar'. I've retrieved me some strange dabbles and a squealing cabbage creature. This may help us figur' the nature of this place."

Explain what I discovered down here to my teammates. See if I can find a way back up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : not dead yet
« Reply #639 on: July 08, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

((And so, what originally started as me waiting for Yoink for an extra day so he could post his action turned into me completely neglecting updating the game because of laziness,trouble adpating sleep schedule due to work and laziness. But we're back, and that's what counts. right? I'll do my utmost to keep updates coming regularely, seeing as we are getting ever nearer to the end of this rtd. We're not even remotely close yet, but we're getting there.))

In the vegetable kingdom
((Yeah but you reconed it like twice.))
Speak to a soldier to see if they could use a mage.
You walk up to the nearest soldier and ask him if he could use a mage. The man, standing at attention with his head held high merely looks at you from the corener of his eye for a moment before ignoring you completely. It would seem that these men have no interest in making any kind of conversation.

Hang around to find out what all this is about.
Gaze at the balcony! Will Il Duce grace us with his countenance? What will he say?

As Angus slinks back to the group the three of you hear the sound of trumpets. The soldiers all snap at attention in unison, the sound of their feet and spears hitting the ground sounding like a large slab of rock hitting the ground. The red vevlet curtains that hang from the balcony are pulled back and a man walks out onto the platform. He is tall and thin, wearing expensive clothes with puffy and frilly bits. His skin is orange and he seems to be wearing a monocle. He begins to speak in a rather grating, high pitched voice.

"Brothers, fellow vegetables, the situation is dire. The armies of Lord Tomato will reach our capital in nary two days. They pillage and destroy all towns in their path. It is therefore that I, the king's regent, have called you here together to inform you that his majesty King Eddard Oumpkin the seventh has declared that all soldiers and guardsmen are to remain in the capital to defend it."

As he says this, whispers spread throughout the ranks. A voice calls out from the mass of troops, though seeing as everyone is in uniform it is impossible to ascertain who spoke.

"Should we not go out and defend out lands?!"

The man on the balcony shouts in anger.

"Who dares speak against the king's regent?! I shall have you flogged!"

remembering himself, he coughs and continues more calmly

"The King has declared that the capital is of the most importance. The outlying towns and villages are expendable, we simply must make sure that the capital and king remain safe. That is all!"

He then turns around and leaves in a huff. The moment he is out of sight the soldiers break formation and start speaking loudly amongst themselves. It seems that most are not happy abut what was just said. Neither are you, really, knowing that the army of Lord Tomato will lay siege upon this city withing 48 hours.

At the citadel
Acquire documents. Start heading towards the Orc village.

You grab the documents on your way out and start heading west towards the great bridge. After about a day's travel you arrive at the outpost on the southern end of the bridge. Night has fallen, two lone guards sit at their post, huddled around a fire and looking towards the other side of the river. Small alchemical lamps shine weak light along the path, allowing you to just barely make out the few buildings there are around here. There is the guard barracks, naturally. There is a stable with a few horses in it, a blacksmith and an inn. A small sign above the door reads "The young falcon inn".

In a burned out mage lab in the forest
"Let im', rest, took quite ta' beating thar'. I've retrieved me some strange dabbles and a squealing cabbage creature. This may help us figur' the nature of this place."

Explain what I discovered down here to my teammates. See if I can find a way back up.

You shout towards the surface, explaining what happened. When you've said your piece, hte gruff voice of the warrior calls out from above.

"Good work, let's hope the village chief finds this enough to pay us, eh? Let me help you out of there."

You carefully climb the stairs to the upper level. The warriro extends his hand and hauls you ot of the pit. You get to your feet and dust off your clothes, relieved to be out of the burned out lab.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 08, 2014, 06:09:52 pm »

((I have decided that the minus to evil action is tied to a neck shackle. Just for role playing purposes. Is that okay? It would presumably require some roundabout bullshit quest to get off.))
*whispering to friends so as not to be overheard by/offend soldiers*"Man that king seems like a real douchemonkey but a quest is a quest right? Any ideas about how to convince/threaten the locals to give us horses? I could threaten with my magic but this damn collar will make it much harder."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:02 pm »

Head inside. See if I can't rent a room for the night, hang out with other inndwellers.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 09, 2014, 02:26:21 am »

Perhaps we could get some help from the soldiers?

((Come on Baldman, use your Clown Powers to convince the soldiers to mutiny and join us!))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 09, 2014, 12:01:30 pm »

((I have decided that the minus to evil action is tied to a neck shackle. Just for role playing purposes. Is that okay? It would presumably require some roundabout bullshit quest to get off.))
((I'm fine with the shackle. And we can certainly get some kind of, as you put it, "roundabout bullshit" redemption quest in there at some point when you feel like it. I'll allow it))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35:08 am »

"Let's see if we can obtain ourselves a proper adventuring party!"

Seek out a disgruntled mass of soldiers looking to get drunk - they are as fertile a soil for mutiny as my hat is for tomatoes! Try to convince them to take up adventure and follow us to glory!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54