Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79016 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Oversized vegetables and apothecaries
« Reply #615 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:28 pm »

"Wheres the FF's capital on your map?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »

"Ah, to not be called a fruit is most blissful indeed," Nosegay remarks. "But first, maps! Let's get some maps!"

Search for maps!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:07:36 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 19, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

((Oh, sir potato gave you a map last turn.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:23 pm »

"Oh, what's this? Ah, serendipity! I already seem to have a map in my possession!"

Check the map. Perform some hardcore data absorption.

((I thought searching for a map sounded like something I'd already done! It's a bit late, so you have to forgive me.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:37 pm »

--mini-turn because I can't sleep--

In the citadel
"Well, I am a master blacksmith, but I also have this here guitar, which as far as I know allows me to bend reality to my will. Anything you would recommend?"
"Hmm, well we don't really have any need for blacksmiths at the moment. But that weapon of yours does sound rather useful. I think I've got two situations that I could use your help with. The easiest would be a small orc tribe that lives just across the the great bridge, along the water. We need someone to go see wether or not they are friendly and if we could recruit them into our army.

The second situation is...much more dangerous. I'll let master Gunbar explain."

He motions to the dwarf, who nods.

"Aye, Thorum, the great dwarven mountain in Uskaria has gone completely silent. We haven't had any messages from there in at least 2 months. We've sent scouts, but they either didn't come back or they couldn't find a way in. We need to know what in stone's name is going on in there and fix it, fast. We need the dwarven armies for when the elves attack."

"Either of these sound appealing?"

In belgrad

Start digging my way underground.
You drop down to the ground and try to dig yourself a hole. However, no matter how hard you try, every time you wriggle on of the cobblestones loose it seems to snap back into place with great force. How odd.

In the vegetable capital
"Wheres the FF's capital on your map?"
"Oh, what's this? Ah, serendipity! I already seem to have a map in my possession!"

Check the map. Perform some hardcore data absorption.

((I thought searching for a map sounded like something I'd already done! It's a bit late, so you have to forgive me.))
((Don't worry about it, I should probably have put it seperately at the end of the post anyway))

You both look at the map Sir Potato gave you. It shows a large continent surrounded completely by water. The southern half, which is the largest of the three is the vegetable kingdom. The capital is in the western part of the country, not too far from the border. The Northern Half is the fruit country. It's somewhat smaller than the vegetable's territory, and the capital is right in the middle of it. To the East, sitting snugly on the border between both the vegetable's and the fruit's territory is the alliance of free foodstuffs. It's much smaller than either of the other countries, it probably takes up only 10 percent of the entire continent.

As you both continue to scan the map, a few rows of men clad in armour and bearing the standard of the vegetable kingdom march past the square. It seems the royal guardsmen are gathering en masse around the castle.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Snoop. Also, plot the fastest rout from here to the capitals of the other two kingdoms.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »

"Well, these vegetables bear quite the spectacle. I must report back to my comrades."

Head out of the greenhouse. Go back to the lab briefly, take the cabbage. Then head back to hole.

"You lot still up there? Hello?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 19, 2014, 07:59:20 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

'They keep slaves, I see. Tradition?'
Aloud, Moskar simply says, "The 'lady Irissviel' can fix thisss," as he extends the remnants of his ruined arm in her direction.
His eyes remain fixed on the elf as he speaks, rather than her translator. He keeps his expression neutral.

>Show the elf my ruined arm, demand treatment.
Also remember what the Lizardfolk gods think of slavery.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2014, 12:42:37 am »

Maybe we should check that out?
Follow the guards.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2014, 05:38:05 am »

"Ooh! A parade, mayhap?"

Follow them guards! Watch their movements! Hope for a parade!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 24, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »

((Just want to say sorry for the slow update right now. I have been and am still really busy with exams. The next update will be on either thursday or friday, depending on how late I get home from my last exam. You may take the time until then to ignore this post, post an extra action, give feedback on this game, call me names or wish upon Solaris for something for your character.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2014, 03:23:33 pm »

"I'll try and do them both, if there's time."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : domestic violence and parades
« Reply #627 on: June 27, 2014, 06:27:49 pm »

--We hereby return to our regular schedule--

In the vegetable kingdom
Maybe we should check that out?
Follow the guards.
"Ooh! A parade, mayhap?"

Follow them guards! Watch their movements! Hope for a parade!
Snoop. Also, plot the fastest rout from here to the capitals of the other two kingdoms.

The three of you follow the guards, Angus sneaking on the tips of his toes. You follow them over the main square and through at least three streets before they arrive at their final destination. The squad of guards files in with multiple other squads of armed men already present on a very large courtyard in front of what you can only assume is the royal palace. The ones you saw take a position at the back, while knights in much more impressive armour stand at the front. They are all facing the balcony, waiting.

Looking at the map, Angus figures that getting to the fruit capital would take a full day without any breaks or sleep, or somewhat less than a day if they had horses. The other capital is much further, requiring three days of marching.

Inside of a mage lab
"Well, these vegetables bear quite the spectacle. I must report back to my comrades."

Head out of the greenhouse. Go back to the lab briefly, take the cabbage. Then head back to hole.

"You lot still up there? Hello?"
You head of the greenhouse, closing the door behind you. You pop back into the lab and approach the cage with the cabbage. As you open the door, the cabbage shuffles further into the corner. You grab it and it doesn't try to resist, but it trembles in your hands.

You heads back to the hole, making your way through the ashes and shout upward. After a few second a gruff voice answers.

"Yeah, we're still here. Mister archer here is still taking a nap though, I think the pumpkin got him pretty bad."

In a small elven settlement
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

'They keep slaves, I see. Tradition?'
Aloud, Moskar simply says, "The 'lady Irissviel' can fix thisss," as he extends the remnants of his ruined arm in her direction.
His eyes remain fixed on the elf as he speaks, rather than her translator. He keeps his expression neutral.

>Show the elf my ruined arm, demand treatment.
Also remember what the Lizardfolk gods think of slavery.
Spoiler: slavery (click to show/hide)

"I wouldn't really call it tradition. They didn't have any back in my day, when the elves were still led by the lady of the moon and the lord of sunlight. But ever since those two characters went poof and the druids started taking over, they've been using slaves pretty heavely. I guess they do it to make up for their lost magics. I don't remember it being on this scale though. But then again, I've been rather out of the loop for a while." The voice in your head answers

The elf looks at your arm and barks something at the human man in elvish.

"The lady says that getting treatment will cost you 50 lunares. Ah, that would be about 500 gold pieces in imperial curren-" The elf suddenly strikes the man rather viciously across the face, dropping him to the floor. As he scrambles back up she is shouting angrily in elvish. The man stand back up, looking down at his feet and shaking.
"I apologize for speaking out of turn, I must remember to speak only when spoken to. Please, feel free to punish me in any way you wish." The man keep slooking at the floor as he says this in a scared monotone, as the elf crosses her arms and scowls at him.

In the citadel war room
"I'll try and do them both, if there's time."
"Sure thing, the more people I send on both of these tasks the faster it might actually get done. Take these forms, they'll mark you as a sanctioned mercenary of the empire."

He hands you two documents stamped with the imperial insignia.

"Good luck, make us proud."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 27, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »

((What Lightning spells do I actually know? Also smurfington: try this to figure out the mountain safely.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:30:31 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 27, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »

((We moved away from spell based magic after a while, because the spells thing was rather limiting. So really, as long as it's based around lightning you can go for it.))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54