Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 77022 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:24:41 pm »

Uskarian Adventures

This world is full of wonders and diverse peoples. There are the great oceans, inhabited by wild and mythical beasts. The island nations, with the furtive amphibean people. The lush jungles, inhabited by the cat people. The great deserts and ancestral forests, with the lizards and elves. The great and hilly plains of the south, home to the great Empire. Great, majestic mountains, home to the dwarves. And many wild and yet unexplored lands, filled with excitement and wonders beyond all imagining.

This is not where you are.

You are in Uskaria, a country that is mostly a transit hub between the many nations. Completely surrounded by treacherous, spikey mountains, called the Jagged Crown. The only ways in are three small passes, two in the south, one in the north. For reasons that are your own, you were in this country 6 months ago, when disaster struck. The passes and the Crown where filled by a thick, dark grey fog. Whoever ventured into the fog always turned up right back where they started. Some would walk for hours, days even in this fog, but the moment they turn around they are right back at the entrance. This is where you are.

"Aye, it's been a right nasty time, it has." The bald, bearded innkeeper sighs behind the bar. "Six months everyone's been stuck here now. Goods and materials can't be sold or imported and everyone's gettin' jumpy. The guys over at the halfmoon citadel are none too pleased they can't get reinforcements from the Empire. And the elf "king" in the west doesn't like them scouring his domain for the cause of this mist. If that aint enough, the great river is runnin' wild and there are reports of demons from the other side of the Maheric bridge. I don't know about no demons, but the dwarves have gone completely silent in their little mountain. Strange times..." He suddenly slams the glass he was polishing on the counter. "And if that ain't enough, I've got you bunch of freeloaders to take care of! You sods haven't paid for your rooms in over a month now! I know work is scarce, but I'm going to need some money, soon!"

oh dear, looks like you're going to need a job. Maybe dungeoneering for loot? Or asking around for any favors to the townsfolk of Sanaan. simply leg it? What to do, what to do....
Spoiler: what is this (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dice rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: leet paint skillz (click to show/hide)

I will choose the 4 or 5 characters I like best after I wake up and get some studying done, sometime tomorrow. So no first-come, first serve. And just so you don't get your hopes up, this will not be a super serious campaign. Expect weird/potentially funny shenanigans, especially when magick and weird people get involved.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:48:30 pm by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:04 pm »

--player list--
skills and inventories

--World information--
Information
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:14:33 pm by Pancaek »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:36:12 pm »

Place Holder.

Name : Kitran Nedre
Race : Human/Leopard hybrid ( Bonus and malus please. )
Background : Kitran is one of a rare breed of human/animal hybrids, his body at first glance appears human but his athletic, muscular figure and clawed hands show his Leopard heritage as do his pointed ears, fanged teeth and bright yellow eyes.
Being rare the only people he knew like himself growing up where his family though luckily most people accepted them readily enough choosing to judge them by deed rather then by appearance and with his parents being skilled hunters and generous with the meat of the animals they killed they were accepted openly by most who came to know them.

Though his family and his kind as a whole proved to be skilled hunters largely through the superior senses of there animal heritage Kitran found he took less pleasure in tracking animals then he did in tracking bandits and joint the local militia at the young age of 15, using the senses of his people he was able to quickly track down most of the bandits in the area and with the aid of the militia kill or capture them.

Over the years working with them he developed his fighting skills to become one of the militias fasted and most lethal soldiers if a little short tempered and feral on occasion. This however led to his being forced to flee his home when he was patrolling the town and came across several men attacking a stranger. Reacting on instinct he attacked those men and quickly ended the fight leaving 1 dead and the other 2 wounded. Shortly after this he discovered that those men had attacked the stranger after he had threatened them and given the choice of fleeing or being executed he chose to flee. With no experience of living on his own or of the world beyond his home he wandered from town to town getting by on what he remembered of his parents hunting tips until he wound up trapped in Uskarian.

With no friends or family in the area and no idea whats happened to trap him here Kitran is steadily becoming more and more afraid as his animal nature resists the forced imprisonment in this small nation and lacking any way around it Kitran spends more and more time wandering alone both to calm himself and to avoid harming others.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:37:09 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »

Name: Zenn ma Tov
Race: Human (no bonus/malus)
Background: Zenn was a humble cat burglar just a few years before. However, everything changed for him when he decided to rob a wizard in a fit of overconfidence. Against all odds, he even succeeded, but among the objects he stole was a brass ring containing the alien consciousness of a demon. When he put the ring on, the demon's parasitic mind merged with his, warping him.
Luckily, it wasn't a "murder-all-humans" type of demon, but rather, the really strange kind. As a result, Zenn has an obsessive-compulsive disorder like you'd never seen: sometimes, he may wake in the middle of the night to chant strange songs in a voice that is not his, or arrange stones in a particular pattern. He refuses to drink milk and wine, and gets nervous when walking in somebody's shadow. On the other hand, the possession has granted him latent magic powers, which manifest erratically. He has learned to control a few of them, but his mastery of them is debatable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:49:51 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:34:18 pm »

Spoiler: Submission (click to show/hide)

((Exactly the same as the parrot idea, except she has hands. I hope you're happy...))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:21:29 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »

Oops :<
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:29:26 pm by Superblackcat »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:32 pm »

Name: Angus D. Harper
Race: Angel
Background: Angus's name was pulled out of the hat so he was condemned to be the "brain" of an experimental attempt to replicate dwarvin "technology" called the Angelputer Mk2 (Now with 7% more magic.) After that he spent several years locked in a box pulling levers and shooting lighting before finally realizing that he could just blast his way out. That did not end well. After three hundred in angel prison he was banished from Heaven and fell for another two years before reaching a human town... that the force of his impact destroyed. He wandered for months before he found this inn which until recently he paid for with golden feathers plucked from his now skeletal wings (They'll grow back but It'll take a few months.)
((If there are ten magic ranks why is 7 archmage?))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:12:30 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 09:20:59 pm »

Name: St. Jesu Schri
Race: Devil
Character background: Well, hello there. I'm a devil. I was a Saint. Then I cursed god. It gets you to hell. I've got powers. Actually... I get kicked out of hell for being weak. Don't laugh. I'm still stronger than all of you combined. Just Satan is quite... strong. Satan said I could become stronger on Earth, but all I see are weaklings. Maybe if I take part in this quest, I'll find someone strong.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 09:24:51 pm »

Spoiler:  Submission (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:01:32 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:09 pm »

@usec I...I guess? what I meant was more along the lines of there being comic relief from time to time. you'll be severely limited as to what you can do in a fight. because you'd be a bird. I'm not sure how I'd make it work out.

@froggy who says archmage is the maximum obtainable power? You also don't know where the fuel for magic comes from yet. Those are things you'll have to find out ingame .

Also, angels and demons are fine by me, but keep in mind you wont be much stronger than your average human at the beginning.

also, be sure to state if you want me to assign racial bonus\malus or not

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:40 pm »

@usec I...I guess? what I meant was more along the lines of there being comic relief from time to time. you'll be severely limited as to what you can do in a fight. because you'd be a bird. I'm not sure how I'd make it work out.

Oh well, it was worth a shot. It's not like spellcasters do much in combat besides, well, cast spells. If you give me several minutes to think up a new character I'll change my submission.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

Pancaek... If we are undergoing a quest... We gotta be somewhat stronger than an average human!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 10:14:15 pm »

I have changed my character submission. The only major difference is that this character now has hands.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 11:11:00 pm »

Name: Moskar Byal
Race: Lizardman. (GM whimsy!)
Character background: Born in the distant deserts home to lizardfolk during a time of great upheaval, Moskar knew bloodshed and violence from an early age. His father was a prominent member of one of the warring tribes, and was killed in battle along with several of his sons when Moskar was too young to fight.
After that, the young lizardman devoted his life to the skills of combat. When he grew older he left his village with a few friends, young, brave lizardfolk all, and they hired themselves out to various settlements in the region.

After a few years of this, savouring the thrill of battle, gaining scars, reputation and a bit of coin, Moskar decided he wanted to see more of the world, and perhaps carve out something for himself, far from the barren desert.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 11:21:24 pm »

Name: Natasha Acitoff
Race: Catgirl (No bonus/malus.)
Background History:

Natasha was born into a family of cat-people living on a busy port city. Her family ran a sucsessful cloth industry, so life was comfortable. It was also boring, and young Natasha dreaded the day she would be called as the heir to the business, or even worth, married off to a dull man in charge of an even more dull enterprise. Near the end of her adolescence, Natasha heard through her friends of a party of pirates planning to take to the seas. Packing her dearest belongings, Natasha snuck out in the middle of the night and boarded the pirate ship, never to see her homeland again.

Even with a diverse mix of gender and species in the crew, Natasha was underestimated to be a feeble little kitten until she proved herself in raids by using agility and cunning unmatched by her companions. She gradually was corrupted from the innocent rich lass she was at home to a hardened pirateer in the thick of battle. And she loved it, the sailing, the fighting, the treasure. Things went smoothly for several years until a naval vessel was finally able to sink her own. She was one of the few survivors who swam to safety. She reached a portown wet, penniless and alone, much like how she felt when she first left.

In the coming time, she took upon a number of occupations based on the skills and trades she'd learned of on-board: Ship-builder, Metalworker, Seamstress, Barmaid, Maid, Courtesant, Weaver and Fence. She didn't last long in any of them, as they did not hold the thrills of her own life on the seas. One day, just passing through a hub town looking for work, Natasha found herself unable to leave, along with everyone else. It was no pirate adventure, but it was the most interesting phenomena in her recent history. Perhaps she could even obtain those thrills she lusted for everyday in the pandamoaniun.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54