Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79147 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Shoveling evil out of the way
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:30 am »

"So where are you going?"

Egen shrugs, "Just looking at some cheap books. We still have to pay off the innkeeper, after all."
"Oh yeah... How much do we owe them anyway?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2014, 10:15:28 am »

((The dropbox link is working for me now, by the way. :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2014, 10:17:06 am »

Egen thinks for a moment, "Forty coins or something like that. So two thirds of what we earned, unfortunately."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2014, 10:20:26 am »

Egen thinks for a moment, "Forty coins or something like that. So two thirds of what we earned, unfortunately."
"At least we got something out of it. How much do you think I could get if I pawned the daggers?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2014, 10:22:59 am »

"At least we got something out of it. How much do you think I could get if I pawned the daggers?"

Egen scratches her head, "No idea. Depends on who you sell them to, I guess."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2014, 10:35:24 am »

Seanna looks at her feet. "Can... You be there when I do? I'm a bit new to this whole 'social interaction' thing and I don't want to get cheated."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:07 am »

Seanna looks at her feet. "Can... You be there when I do? I'm a bit new to this whole 'social interaction' thing and I don't want to get cheated."

"Um... I'll probably won't be much help, but sure."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2014, 10:55:31 am »

Seanna bounces as she walks. "Thanks!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2014, 11:21:30 am »

Follow people yet again.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:02 am »

Tomo's eyes widen in a combination of surprise and unbridled joy that the spell actually worked- but she quickly re-bridled the latter; she'd seen Master do lots of summonings, and summonings were serious business! Quickly and imitatively, she straightens her back and clasps her hands behind it- she'd look down on him, too, if he weren't levitating and she weren't so damn short. How did Master do it? A stool? Tall shoes?

She shakes her head to clear her thoughts, before clearing her throat as well and addressing the ghost;
"Tomo... wants to know who you is, and what happened here!" She demands in the most authoritative voice she can muster.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2014, 03:32:10 pm »

"You're welcome."

Follow Seanna as she pawns her knifes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : shopping and haggling
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2014, 05:05:08 pm »

"Exceptional! Hooray!"

Now that today's charity is done, head back to the inn and pay off my debt, which, if I remember correctly, should be 40 imperial coins. Whether that's the same as 40 gold coins remains to be seen. Then head back to Belgrad! That's a city of adventure if there's ever been one!
You head back to the town of Saanan to pay off your debt to the Innkeep. As the town isn't all that far away, you only take about an hour to get there. YOu enter the inn and present 40 of your coins to the innkeep, asking wether these gold coins are the same as the imperial coins he mentioned back then.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, they're one and the same. The golden imperial coin has pretty much become standard trading currency in these parts. They're easier to produce and more consistent in value than, say, the ancient elven leaf money that was fashioned out of moonsteel. Anyhow, thanks for paying me back there friend, I appreciate it."

And with that, the Innkeep takes your coins and scratches out your name on a sheet of paper behind his bar. You make some small talk and then head back to the town of Belgrad, sure that many adventures are to be found there. You enter trough the city gates you are once again greeted by the hustle and bustle of the merchants and entertainers that occupy every corner of every street.

>Leave the coffin untouched. Bow my head to it for a moment in a respectful gesture.

>Then, watch the ghost. Carefully. Hold my cleaver just in case.
"Tomo... wants to know who you is, and what happened here!"
Tomo ask her question to the ghost, standing in the most authorotive pose she can muster, while Moskar merely observes, his hand ready on his weapon in case of trouble. The ghost, hovering some distance over the corpse, puts his hands on his hips and speaks.

"Who I is? What, did you get an arrow stuck in your nogging or something?" He says, in a sarcastic tone. He then rubs his temples and speaks in a somewhat softer voice. "Sorry, that wasn't very nice. Getting yanked from the other side isn't all that pleasant you see. My name is Percy. Last name is irrelevant, really, I doubt there's anyone who still remembers me. As you can see, I am dead. A graverobber by trade, I came here to rob this, ah, well, grave. I was figuring out how to open that godsdamned coffin when I got a burning sensation in my face. I tried rubbing it, but then my hands also got all hot, and next thing I know I'm fucking dead..." He then just hovers there a bit, shrugging. "Really, that's the gist of it. No grand tale to be found here, I'm afraid."

Follow people yet again.
You, as some of your other companions, find that figuring out what to do yourself is terribly boring. Instead you simply follow Nosegay when he leaves the church, making sure to pocket your share of the pay before leaving. somewhere in the pure chaos that masquerades as a market, you lose sight of Nosegay. Instead, you get bombarded by all sides by merchants trying to convicne you that their trinkets/carpets/camels/pet parrot/pottery is the best there is for the fairest prices. Oh dear.

"You're welcome."

Follow Seanna as she pawns her knifes.
Egen and Seanna leave the used bookstore and skirt the marketplace, looking for a place to pawn the daggers. They come across a rather large smithy, that is half shop and half open-air workplace, the rythmic hammering filling the air. They enter, only to find the indoor shop deserted. On the counter, they find a plaque reading 'ring bell ->', the arrow pointing to a piece of rope that travels through the wall. Upon pulling said rope, a large bell can be heard ringing outside, and moments later a tall, muscular man enter the store, wiping his hands on a rag. The man has long wavy hair that has almost completely turned grey and is wearing a blacksmiths apron over his bare torso, along with some leather blacksmith's pants. You explain that you would like to sell the daggers, and present them to him.

"Hmm, these are pretty good quality. decent steel and fancy green scabbards. I'm just going to have to check if the enchantments still work, if that's all right with you?"

He grabs one of the dagers and turns sideways. He takes the knife out of the scabbard and throws it, the knife getting embedded into a wooden barrel. He then slides his finger over the scabbard, from the lower end, over the engraved rune and to the top, never taking his eyes of the dagger implanted in the barrel. When  you blink, the dagger has vanished from the barrel, and is now back in the blacksmith's hand.

"Yep, seems to work all right. Handy little things, these enchanted daggers, shame it only works if you can see the blade, though. Let's see, I suppose I can offer you, say, 250 gold, for the pair of them."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2014, 12:39:36 am »

"Um... alright."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2014, 12:45:41 am »

((And that sums up the main railroad plot. Props to OP if he can keep a freeworld RTD going.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2014, 11:11:31 am »

Seek intriguing opportunities for adventuring! I am an adventurer fish, and I am looking for the shiny hook of excitement and intrigue!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54