Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is

no poll
anymore :]

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)  (Read 67432 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)
« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2014, 11:19:52 am »

OpenXCOM does it again. One update, eight deaths. Next, we might not even get a chance to leave the skyranger.  :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2014, 11:36:47 am »

Ouch, that was rough. Laser rifles will definitely help, though.

Hopefully you can get some nice easy Floater missions to go on.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2014, 11:42:07 am »

So, any chance of an R-110 v2, or do I have to break out R-107?

R-107, an ex-robotics engineer who went mad working on the R-110 project. He now considers himself to be one of the R-110 combat droids, and displays thier love for explosives and heavy weapons, but instead of being made of metal, he is made of squishy vulnerable meat armoured with tinfoil lined cardboard boxes...
This is a blank sig.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

You have a chance, but stop going on night missions! Send out interceptors to scout out the planet (they have their own radar). If you have to do a night mission, equip pistol users with electroflares in their off hand and light up the night.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2014, 02:10:58 pm »

First off, it was a terror mission. If I had waited until daylight I might have missed it completely. And I couldn't get there any sooner, seeing as how it was on the other side of the Pacific.
Second, I did bring and use electroflares. They were insufficient.
Third, I will remember to use interceptors to scout next time. Usually my base alone is sufficient to track down UFOs but it seems they aren't interested in East Asia this time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2014, 02:14:14 pm »

At night, use incendiary rounds and missiles. The many flames light areas, and also hurt enemies, unlike electroflares.
This is a blank sig.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #291 on: February 03, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »

* Roman Howard, Lab Tech, gets a nervous shudder while in his lab quarters

That was unusual (quite a harsh buzz). I have a feeling like I'm gonna be needed, or getting the shaft after the last prank I pulled to lighten everyone up after that last hearse skyranger returned. If I'm going to have to do some field work to refine our weapons a bit more, I'm charging them for it. It's one thing keeping me cooped up in these quarters with nary any outside contact (not that I don't mind), but I swear, if I'm gonna have to do field work, I'm asking for an advance payment, and maybe a big gun while at it.

EDIT:
More recruits:

Name: Fuu Baar
Preference: Anything that isn't too clumsy to carry.
Background: A dojikko that is easy on the eyes, but not easy on those who are unfortunate enough to run into her, because she tends to run into people (a lot). Most likely hired because of her charming looks, even though she is like a black cat decorated like a disco ball wearing a ladder like a hat, and attracts all kinds of bad luck. Could potentially be weaponized against the aliens, or any other crew you no longer want alive. While working in Supplies, she accidentally stunned herself while unloading the stun rods. Might as well re-assign her before she mis-fires any of our more lethal weapons.

Name: Albert Wol
Preferences: Rifles
Background: A mercenary that tends to wander off on his own, and do his own thing. Everything else we know about him is redacted information.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:55:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2014, 05:16:59 pm »

Going to drag up this app that I put in immediately after the first mission of OpenXcom's post.

Name: Vector Syinth
Preferences (weapons, stats, etc): Bravery, Firing Accuracy, Reactions, Health, Stamina, Assault Rifle if there are no Sniper Rifles
Bio: A genetically synthesized soldier designed with improved vision, speed, health, and focus.  The entity believes heavily in respect for authority.  His authority.  He frequently uses bigoted language towards anyone else.
Image (not required):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2014, 07:19:15 pm »

Name: ~Happy:3Hokuten!!~
Preferences (weapons, stats, etc): Bullets! Explosives!
Bio: He's a happy happy happy dude.
Are you going to use this?^^
You've got 18 people signed up before ya, dude, not counting various re-rolls. Give it at least another update :P
Heh. Whups. :p Didn't realize the list was so long, especially after that slaughter! *watches replay* *winces*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »

Speaking of the slaughter, the roster and graveyard in the op could use an update if you have the time for that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2014, 08:40:02 pm »

Name: Samantha [wind/air-themed nickname] Curringer
Preferences (weapons, stats, etc): Guns.
More specifically, pistols.
Bio: Graduated from [REDACTED] at the age of 18. Heard of the death of a previous [REDACTED] and decided to fuck up some aliens.
Extensive research shows she is a [REDACTED].
Black lives matter.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2014, 09:46:07 pm »

OpenXCOM does it again. One update, eight deaths. Next, we might not even get a chance to leave the skyranger.  :P

Heh, it's quite common when the aliens get Blaster Launchers.  And they sometimes get lucky with just their Alien Grenades.

Protip: If you value your skyranger more than mission success (and often, you should), you can just leave a soldier on the ship at all times.

Start researching the Heavy Plasma ASAP.  It would be nice to match the alien firepower for a change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2014, 10:18:01 pm »

Going to drag up this app that I put in immediately after the first mission of OpenXcom's post.

Name: Vector Syinth
Preferences (weapons, stats, etc): Bravery, Firing Accuracy, Reactions, Health, Stamina, Assault Rifle if there are no Sniper Rifles
Bio: A genetically synthesized soldier designed with improved vision, speed, health, and focus.  The entity believes heavily in respect for authority.  His authority.  He frequently uses bigoted language towards anyone else.
Image (not required):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Be patient, dude. You're on the waiting list. I "dorf" everyone in order of posting (give or take a few slots), so you might be in the next batch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2014, 01:37:44 am »

PTW
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

ÆthintheEevee

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn them with FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:20 pm »

Just a forewarning...
If someone gets a kill by throwing AEthin, he will be resubmitted...

Engineering... you might want to make a coat rack to hold up his uniform.

3 missions, 2 of which were Terror Missions... my goodness... we're gonna need a bigger boat... off planet.
"Aliens: Death is coming for you."
"Out of grenades!" Throws Eevee.
What is this?! This isn't XCOM! Where are the deaths, the screams, the bodies of humanities "finest"? 
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43