Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is

no poll
anymore :]

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)  (Read 67447 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)
« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2014, 12:23:24 am »

MaxcloneII approves of his new weaponry. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2014, 12:37:12 am »

Um. I never confirmed, but I think the damage of the UFO correlates partially to random chance, partially to overkill. If you have two avalanche missile launchers, and they both hit on the last bit of life the UFO has before crashing, it might completely obliterate it. This is why I usually run stingrays (plus they're cheaper).

That's my guess. If you guys are using the default layouts then it might be just luck.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2014, 01:45:02 am »

I wasn't even aware you could get Elerium from non-transporter crashed UFOs.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2014, 10:14:27 am »

Can we submit multiple meatshields characters, cause I've got another one I want to submit.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2014, 10:16:23 am »

I remember submitting one Boris "Borov" Svinnikov, but don't remember seeing him kick the bucket. Did you miss him, or did I miss him?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2014, 12:51:34 pm »

Haspen ready for duty, sar! V:

I wanna blow them up with them grenades but please hang me a plasma pistol on my belt. Just in case! :V
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2014, 03:11:32 pm »

Woohoo! Slenderman makes the cut! Let's abduct us some aliens!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ÆthintheEevee

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn them with FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »

LightningFalcon... wow... but then again... good old Bay 12 forums! Hot tea is good... if you have some that is strong enough to my taste. Lets see... 1 bag per ounce. That's my magic number.
"Aliens: Death is coming for you."
"Out of grenades!" Throws Eevee.
What is this?! This isn't XCOM! Where are the deaths, the screams, the bodies of humanities "finest"? 

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2014, 01:38:29 am »

Ready for meatshield duties!
Name: Bruce Mackenzie, Bazza to his mates.
Preferences : Beer, XXXX, Fosters, beer and more beer. And some of that stuff the recruiters were smoking would be good.
Weapons: That rocket launcher looks like fun. Incendiary rockets look even better. (carrying heavy bags of concrete has given barry at least 35+ strength which should help with those rockets.)
Bio: Bazza is an ordinary houso from the outskirts of Sunnybank Brisbane, more gifted than his peers he completed grade 9 after only 2 years and was taken under the wing of an experienced concreter named Macca who was a respected member of the community.
One evening as Bazza, Macca, and their mates Gazza, Dazza, and his Bird Kazza were innocently bricking a nearby bottle-o, a mysterious short grey figure was seen, Dazza dropped a brick of the local horsepiss in surprise shouting "fuck me mate, it's the pigs" before they all scarpered with their booty. Bazza however was cought up in a mysterious beam which transported him to an X-com recruitment stall at a special school in essendon. Seeing a chance to escape the cops, and also being drawn in by a desire to fire that rocket launcher the recruiters were showing the kids, Bazza decided to join up, also the 'sample' the recruiters gave him might have had something to do with it.
His personal motto is "What the fuck" (a statement of intent to do something despite the odds or danger) or sometimes "Fuck me!" when shit gets real.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2014, 04:01:59 am »

....... special school in essendon. .......

It was special because it was only one not burnt down by the under-10 grand-final winners.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2014, 04:31:38 am »

I misread that as him being a house. I think it says something about our recruiters that i didn't really question it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2014, 07:21:56 am »

I was trying to make him as Down-to-Earth Aussie as possible without actually saying anything a non Australian would even understand.
If I offended anyone from springwood sunnybank, essendon, special schools, bottle-os, concreterstan, copshops, Houseo-ville, Centerlink, and Either the South African or Japanese brewery who own the majority australian beer brands, then I apologise.
Also, all this talk of beer makes me need to splash the boots. You know, strain the potatoes. Water the horses. You know, go where the big knobs hang out. Shake hands with the wife's best friend? Drain the dragon? Siphon the python? Ring the rattlesnake? You know, unbutton the mutton? Like, point Percy at the porcelain?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:02:06 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2014, 06:18:25 pm »

I was trying to make him as Down-to-Eart hAussie as possible without actually saying anything a non Australian would even understand.
Good job. I have no clue what most of that stuff says.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »

I was trying to make him as Down-to-Eart hAussie as possible without actually saying anything a non Australian would even understand.
Good job. I have no clue what most of that stuff says.

Strewth, mate, stone the flaming crows, get yerself some edumacation.  Crikey, I'm as dry as a dead dingo's dong, gunna get me a tinny, right flaming now.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2014, 09:55:42 pm »

Name: Joe
Preferences  automatic weapons, and also some lasers, smart.
Bio: This guy looks exactly like Chris and Topher did. says he is not either of those two, but acts a lot like them.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43