Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47749 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39:12 pm »

As it has less carrying capacity, would it cost less?

Otherwise, everyone would get Large/Colossal Handy Haversacks because they would be cost effective. In fact, I'm not sure why they don't anyway...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:33 pm »

My items are:
A Bag of Holding for loot.
A Ring of Mind Shielding for those who want to fuck with my ghostly psyche.
A Ring of Three Wishes for whatever.
A Decanter of Endless Water because the potential for stupidity and cleverness is just too great.
A Mask of the Skull to give me an insta-kill attack.

Comments?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

Remuthra, I'd like to make a few changes to some of my shape-similar magic items. Namely, stuff like the Eldritch Rods, the Warlock's Sceptre, and things of that nature.

I'd like to turn them into a single staff. The Staff of Eldritch Might. (I can get you the MiC fairly easy, by the way)

Questions for players:
What wands would be good to get?
What staves would be good to get?
What (other) rods would be good to get?
What magic items in general would be good to get? Beyond the 'necessary' ones, I mean.
Should I forgo getting Eldritch Glaive as an invocation and just add it to the Staff, or is that simply asking for trouble?(as a note, Warlocks get to buy lightsabers for 4k with Rod of Eldritch Power (Eldritch Glaive))
Any scrolls I should get?
How can I make sure I can carry all this - I'm a two and a half foot pixie with a light load of 15 pounds, I mean, come on.

EDIT: Oh, and also, what invocations should I get?

OH YEAH
GAMERLORD
LISTEN CAREFULLY AND DO EXACTLY AS I SAY:
1. LOOK UP 'DREAD NECROMANCER 3.5 CLASS'
2. NERDGASM
3. ???
4. PROFIT

EXTRAEDIT: Oh, Remuthra, I saw you say we had three stat increases before, but then someone said two and you confirmed/didn't correct it. Which one is correct?
Three stat increases, and I can't find anything regarding a Staff of Eldritch Might. Where is it located?

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2014, 05:55:14 pm »

My items are:
A Bag of Holding for loot.
A Ring of Mind Shielding for those who want to fuck with my ghostly psyche.
A Decanter of Endless Water because the potential for stupidity and cleverness is just too great.
A Mask of the Skull to give me an insta-kill attack.

Comments?

Just so you're aware, I already have a Decanter of Endless Water (But two sounds like a pretty extreme combo... Let's go to the Plane of Fire! -side note, my backstory gives me a good reason to go there)

Also, You might want to invest in some bracers of armor, Amulet of natural armor, some resistances, immunities; you know, those things that help you live, since you have 64 hp, no saving throws, and an AC of 10 (Which most things at this level hit on a roll of 2). Just sayin', that ring doesn't help much if you're dead.

As it has less carrying capacity, would it cost less?

Otherwise, everyone would get Large/Colossal Handy Haversacks because they would be cost effective. In fact, I'm not sure why they don't anyway...

I would guess so? I never thought about getting one big haversack before... DM, your opinion on size change to haversack cost/effectiveness?
Also, I think that easy travel will really help your ability to carry everything without resorting to extra dimensions

*snip*
Three stat increases, and I can't find anything regarding a Staff of Eldritch Might. Where is it located?
I think he's suggesting combining his four rods into one, named Staff of Eldritch Might (Rod of Eldritch Power: Eldritch Chain; Rod of Eldritch Power: Eldritch Spear; Rod of Eldritch Power: Frightful Blast; Warlock's Sceptre)

On a side note, am I actually seeing that everyone in our party flies? :o We need more people! Also, I want a good reason to buy a cart.. Rolepgeek, I might have a different solution, seeing as I could CARRY a cart without being burdened, I might just buy a cart and pull it around... Too much Strength on a not strength-based character
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:28:19 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2014, 05:59:08 pm »

If someone wanted to throw a sack over his head, right, they would roll against his 50% miss chance for incorporeality. Doesn't that mean you can just keep trying until it "sticks"? You wouldn't need a Ghost Touch sack.

Although I'm actually pretty out of touch with 3E compared to you guys so I'm probably just wrong.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2014, 06:06:32 pm »

Three scrolls of wish are probably cheaper. Although perhaps less thematically interesting.

Also, on the rod of power, it's likely a good idea to have your bread and butter be something you can actually do yourself. Save the rods for shapes you will only rarely need? Or at least you know you won't need more then five times a day.

The haversack works the same no matter what size it is.

If someone wanted to throw a sack over his head, right, they would roll against his 50% miss chance for incorporeality. Doesn't that mean you can just keep trying until it "sticks"? You wouldn't need a Ghost Touch sack.

Although I'm actually pretty out of touch with 3E compared to you guys so I'm probably just wrong.

That's a pretty good point actually. So long as it had some magic in it. Maybe a sack of +2 Cha.

Edit: On combining the rods, would this basically be to save the actions required to switch between them?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2014, 09:08:40 pm »

Remuthra, I'd like to make a few changes to some of my shape-similar magic items. Namely, stuff like the Eldritch Rods, the Warlock's Sceptre, and things of that nature.

I'd like to turn them into a single staff. The Staff of Eldritch Might. (I can get you the MiC fairly easy, by the way)

Questions for players:
What wands would be good to get?
What staves would be good to get?
What (other) rods would be good to get?
What magic items in general would be good to get? Beyond the 'necessary' ones, I mean.
Should I forgo getting Eldritch Glaive as an invocation and just add it to the Staff, or is that simply asking for trouble?(as a note, Warlocks get to buy lightsabers for 4k with Rod of Eldritch Power (Eldritch Glaive))
Any scrolls I should get?
How can I make sure I can carry all this - I'm a two and a half foot pixie with a light load of 15 pounds, I mean, come on.

EDIT: Oh, and also, what invocations should I get?

OH YEAH
GAMERLORD
LISTEN CAREFULLY AND DO EXACTLY AS I SAY:
1. LOOK UP 'DREAD NECROMANCER 3.5 CLASS'
2. NERDGASM
3. ???
4. PROFIT

EXTRAEDIT: Oh, Remuthra, I saw you say we had three stat increases before, but then someone said two and you confirmed/didn't correct it. Which one is correct?

You won't. I'm saying I want to combine their magical qualities into a single magic item. They don't take up body slots, after all. I thought it would be cool.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

Sure, I guess. Make it equal to their costs plus 10%.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2014, 09:22:02 pm »

Alright. And not a mace, please. A quarterstaff(it makes very little difference, really).

Because it's a staff, after all, and whatnot.

Can I do similar things with other items? Mostly thematically similar ones, like Bracers of the Blast Barrier and Bracers of the Entangling Blast(and probably Gloves of Eldritch Admixture added to that, whatever slot it takes up). Both are 3/day changes to spell-like abilities(10'x10' wall, no damage, or 1/2 damage, but gives entangling condition; the gloves have 3 charges, can add bonus damage to eldritch blasts of one of three energy types). 10% cost increase for them, though, right?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:24:25 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »

Nope, those free equipment slots :P.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2014, 09:58:26 pm »

Bah. It's still pricy(ish; they're cheap items)! What about via the rules in the back of the DMG? Multiple Different Abilities -> Multiply Higher Item Cost(not sure what this is, though; highest of the set, maybe?) by 2 -> Example: Helm of Brilliance
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2014, 10:01:09 pm »

You can do that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2014, 10:14:35 pm »

Can I shove my metamagic rods together into one item as well?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »

10% rule.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2014, 10:18:57 pm »

You know he's going to smash those items first chance he gets right? And you'll only get one roll because you wanted them combined into a singular item?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34