Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47695 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »

You know he's going to smash those items first chance he gets right? And you'll only get one roll because you wanted them combined into a singular item?
You know it's hard to hold 5 different items at once right?
Besides, losing them doesn't cripple me. Or him. I can function without ANY magic items, just not as effectively. That's one of the benefits of racial greater invisibility and flight.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »

Okay, I'm currently working on rolling my second char (Because I know this one Will die, and I'd like to get back in as quickly as possible), and I'm wondering whether these are legitimate mounts (With a DM set cost for rearing/training, ofc, and proper barding/saddle/etc.), and whether I could pick up flyby attack as a feat (Since it technically requires a fly speed, but I don't intend on having a flying character on an arrowhawk)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2014, 10:28:22 pm »

I only have racial flight. And cleric SLAs. And arcane spells. And a decent BAB. And good stats. And a Rod of Wonder.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »

Okay, I'm currently working on rolling my second char (Because I know this one Will die, and I'd like to get back in as quickly as possible), and I'm wondering whether these are legitimate mounts (With a DM set cost for rearing/training, ofc, and proper barding/saddle/etc.), and whether I could pick up flyby attack as a feat (Since it technically requires a fly speed, but I don't intend on having a flying character on an arrowhawk)
Don't forget; six extra lives, and you can get more through ways.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »

You couldn't ride that unless you were Small sized, and you couldn't take it as a mount because it is too smart. You'd have to acquire it through Unusual In-game Circumstances if at all.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »

Griffons can be obtained as mounts.

It's just slavery, is all. There's rules for paladins getting mounts other than the original warhorse/pony. Unicorns and such. Celestial animals.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2014, 10:53:03 pm »

For a moment there, I thought you said Giraffes... And I thought it was REALLY awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:05 pm »

You couldn't ride that unless you were Small sized, and you couldn't take it as a mount because it is too smart. You'd have to acquire it through Unusual In-game Circumstances if at all.

Although, the SRD gives rules for a Giant Eagle to be a mount, and they have an intelligence of 10. This article cites the DMG as stating that a mount of over 2 can still be considered a mount, you just have to make a diplomacy check to get them to act as a normal mount (Rather than an aggressive mount w/o riding checks) Also, I had been planning on either one (Using adult or elder, depending on your stance on which can be used), your input just determines whether I'm dromite or azer (Sounds like dromite, which is better for my plan anyways)

*snip*
Don't forget; six extra lives, and you can get more through ways.

Don't worry, I didn't forget; I just got bored and knew that I would probably need another character sometime along the way.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2014, 11:20:57 pm »

Although, the SRD gives rules for a Giant Eagle to be a mount, and they have an intelligence of 10. This article cites the DMG as stating that a mount of over 2 can still be considered a mount, you just have to make a diplomacy check to get them to act as a normal mount (Rather than an aggressive mount w/o riding checks) Also, I had been planning on either one (Using adult or elder, depending on your stance on which can be used), your input just determines whether I'm dromite or azer (Sounds like dromite, which is better for my plan anyways)
That and the "Native to the Elemental Plane of Air" part makes them extremely difficult to acquire through normal means.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2014, 11:28:11 pm »

*snip*
That and the "Native to the Elemental Plane of Air" part makes them extremely difficult to acquire through normal means.
Bu.. I made lore for this... (As a note, if you have a significant problem with the lore providing me/us with 'overpowered'/silly resources, I can rewrite that part; The kingdom my char hails from is incredibly magically gifted, and has a persistent portal to the Elemental Plane of Air- specifically to get the arrowhawks they use as mounts for a portion of their army)
Help us write a story!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2014, 11:30:40 pm »

By the way RPgeek, something I was wondering, how did you get your dex to be used for the Eldritch Glaive? As far as I have been able to tell it does not qualify for Weapon Finesse?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50:53 pm »

Hm.

I guess I should start working on a higher power version of Gartens, then. Unfortunately, I won't be able to homebrew the one-handed reach weapon, so I'll just have to Spiked Chain it. Or something. I could do a Small Glaive, if I was medium sized. Or just be Large and have reach anyway, though I'd like more. Does Powerful Build from Goliath and from Half-Giant stack?

Remuthra, don't forget...we're ECL 14. We can obtain the ridiculous shit if we want to. It's not that hard to find a means to get to the Elemental Plane of Air; it's even the only one of the four that isn't 'oh you teleported in; have a nice time suffocating/drowning/asploding'.

Finally, Criptfiend, spells(and spell-like abilities) with a range of touch(even with reach) qualify for weapon finesse.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:56 pm »

Finally, Criptfiend, spells(and spell-like abilities) with a range of touch(even with reach) qualify for weapon finesse.

Ah. Alright. Yeah.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:09 pm »

Remuthra, don't forget...we're ECL 14. We can obtain the ridiculous shit if we want to. It's not that hard to find a means to get to the Elemental Plane of Air; it's even the only one of the four that isn't 'oh you teleported in; have a nice time suffocating/drowning/asploding'.
I have Plane Shift at will apparently so that will be no problem. Gotta love racial spells.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2014, 11:54:26 pm »

I have Plane Shift at will apparently so that will be no problem. Gotta love racial spells.
Which brings up the question;

On which plane should we erect our fortress?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34