Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47754 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2014, 02:43:26 am »

Well. I think you would probably only get two stat increases if I am remembering correctly. You get one every four HD, which you have nine.

We start with 150,000 GP.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2014, 02:46:46 am »

That's fine then, I can boost my Char to 26. And 150,000 GP? *drools* Any lists we can work from or are not allowed to draw from?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2014, 02:47:27 am »

As far as I can tell it's pretty much anything goes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2014, 02:47:45 am »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2014, 02:49:17 am »

The max score you can have in a attribute before racial adjustments is 18. You can't sack your con in exchange for more stats.

Since you are going to be undead all your HD are all going to be D12s. Since mindflayers have 8HD and you get another one from your sorcerer level that means your hit points are going to be 12 (because your first HD is always maxed) +8d12

Edit: Also I mentioned this before but I'm not sure if I was clear. You don't buy attributes on a one point for one attribute exchange.
Ghost adds a Hit Die as well, remember.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2014, 02:53:07 am »

I've never actually seen a ghost template that does that.

On the other hand I've never seen a ghost template that he could actually take legally. So take what I say with a grain of salt, since I don't actually know what you two are doing.

Edit: It's not in the template you linked before in the thread.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2014, 02:55:41 am »

Fuck me, I cannot find a decent list of items. All there is is just some weakass homebrew and maybe a few bits and pieces that I can actually use. Only spent 36,300 GP at the moment.  :(

Oh and this is my sheet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2014, 02:58:08 am »

Ring of invisibility is a odd choice. Since you can just get the same effect via floating about five feet lower then normal.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2014, 02:59:56 am »

Oh yeah, forgot that I was a ghost.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2014, 11:00:00 am »

Oh yeah, forgot that I was a ghost.
Yeah, incorporeal. Only visible if you manifest and such.
It really is too bad that fey can't be ghosts. Pixie ghost; greater invisibility and silent as death.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2014, 11:19:53 am »

Fuck me, I cannot find a decent list of items. All there is is just some weakass homebrew and maybe a few bits and pieces that I can actually use. Only spent 36,300 GP at the moment.  :(

This should help a lot- big list of many, many items. Also includes many weapon/armor enhancements (& what they cost, in straight gold or enhancement bonus) for making specific items. Also gives nice handy charts for special material costs and +bonus extra gold. Also, don't bother with many utility items, I'm the rogue with an answer to everything (I have 2 handy haversacks... I need more utility items to put in it..) I mean, I have the ability to travel anywhere, and take people with me (932 lbs carried as a light load? and I'm only carrying 291 lbs? I can carry anyone :P) along with having a folding boat, 100 ft of ropes, 5 grappling hooks, a 10 foot grappling ladder, burrowing pitons...

Anyways, I'm going to write my backstory right now. /seclude
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2014, 12:21:28 pm »

Also, if Rolepgeek can find a copy of it for you, get the Magic Item Compendium. That thing is a godsend.

And it is dangerous to go alone. Take this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2014, 02:19:52 pm »

Aand- Done! That's my whole character, story, description, and personality finished. For just my character, I've given him an in-depth background, a traumatizing event, a reason to adventure, and an ultimate motive/end quest. For the world, I've made two 'kingdoms' (One might not count) who are at war with each other (at least, one wants to war with the other one), one of which has basic military and social order hinted at. There's also hints that there is a both magically- and psionically-gifted royal bloodline. Also, I've given myself the idea for my next character.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2014, 05:17:10 pm »

Remuthra, I'd like to make a few changes to some of my shape-similar magic items. Namely, stuff like the Eldritch Rods, the Warlock's Sceptre, and things of that nature.

I'd like to turn them into a single staff. The Staff of Eldritch Might. (I can get you the MiC fairly easy, by the way)

Questions for players:
What wands would be good to get?
What staves would be good to get?
What (other) rods would be good to get?
What magic items in general would be good to get? Beyond the 'necessary' ones, I mean.
Should I forgo getting Eldritch Glaive as an invocation and just add it to the Staff, or is that simply asking for trouble?(as a note, Warlocks get to buy lightsabers for 4k with Rod of Eldritch Power (Eldritch Glaive))
Any scrolls I should get?
How can I make sure I can carry all this - I'm a two and a half foot pixie with a light load of 15 pounds, I mean, come on.

EDIT: Oh, and also, what invocations should I get?

OH YEAH
GAMERLORD
LISTEN CAREFULLY AND DO EXACTLY AS I SAY:
1. LOOK UP 'DREAD NECROMANCER 3.5 CLASS'
2. NERDGASM
3. ???
4. PROFIT

EXTRAEDIT: Oh, Remuthra, I saw you say we had three stat increases before, but then someone said two and you confirmed/didn't correct it. Which one is correct?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:28:16 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2014, 05:33:47 pm »

Remuthra, I'd like to make a few changes to some of my shape-similar magic items. Namely, stuff like the Eldritch Rods, the Warlock's Sceptre, and things of that nature.

I'd like to turn them into a single staff. The Staff of Eldritch Might. (I can get you the MiC fairly easy, by the way)

Questions for players:
*snip*
How can I make sure I can carry all this - I'm a two and a half foot pixie with a light load of 15 pounds, I mean, come on.
*snip*
To start, put this on your armor. Second, use a bag of holding/handy haversack or something (Remember to 1/4 weight and carrying capacity for small size) If you have too much extra stuff, I have a portable hole if you don't need to access it readily, and probably extra room in one of my haversacks.
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34