Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50528 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2014, 12:12:42 pm »

First post has been updated with more Role Details

Someone right pointed out there were some problems with the backgrounds not having day/night ship/expedition status. I've clarified how replaces, double-vote-counts, and the doctor-equivalent abilities work. If anyone notices any other problems or has questions about how a role works, please send me a PM and I'll try to clarify.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2014, 01:35:29 pm »

If Darkstar flips loyalist then pats on back and we'll have cleared three people (assuming that bussing is unlikely). If no one dies, then one of Dariush, Deathsword or Tiruin is loyalist or Darkstar has a special power. If Darkstar flips mutineer then we will have eliminated a suspect when there's the least amount of risk for doing so (and hopefully people's investigates and the results of the ratting in will tell us more). Am I missing anything obvious here?
You slipped again.

I'm voting

NQT
Persus
Caz
Tiruin

with intent to lynch NQT.

Also, if I was on the expedition I'd vote myself (or not vote if self-voting is impossible), for obvious reasons.

Alsoalso, would you like to know what I know as the Seawitch? It'll cost you an undead monkey.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »

Can someone tell m why Tiruin and Deathsword suspect me? I can't actually see their argument anywhere; did I miss it?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2014, 03:19:02 pm »

While I stand by my first inference there, I'd wonder why you aren't even doing any RVS and voting me off the plank. >.>

I mean, the only rational thing I can poke on is that you've had a gun-in for me in the past games...and it came up until now.
Or you hate me.
Caz: Why only me, and nothing for me to bite on?

Why don't you want to come onto the glorious expedition with me? -_- I brought a picnic basket and everything. Or do you want to stay home and have lunch with our great captain?

Somehow, despite being aware of the rules, I only now fully realized that to win we have to 1) pick an expedition roster with exactly one scum; 2) guess who that scum is; 3) vote for him unanimously; 4) repeat steps 1-3 2 times with no more than ~three mistakes (allowing for docs, picking two scum for an expo and so on) along the way. Revolution: Hardcore Edition, my ass. Due to this, I propose the following plan: everyone unofficially (let's say, in purple) states whom he is going to vote if he goes on expo. We do an unofficial (or, even better, official if GG agrees to making this more convenient) votecount and officially vote for the guy with the majority of the votes and 3/2 people who expressed intention to vote him. If he survives and no one claims fucking with the accident results, we may be reasonably sure that one of the 'voters' is lying scum. Opinions?

It was said earlier that scum gain more power from this information than town do, because they can more easily manipulate it. Maybe others think different, though.

Caz (note that I'll be using blue to highlight people I suspect and not people I think about voting for going onto the expo regardless of reasons): three of four people in your team were the same as in TDS's initial draft. How did you pick them?

Oh, were they? I voted me for a bit of fun, Tiruin because we must lynch all Tiruins(ship law), NQT because of his slip and the fourth one I just picked from the list. The list is mostly RVS voting at this point until some more discussion happens.

OK, so who are people voting for if they go on a mission?

If I was put on a mission I'd be happy to vote Imiknorris and get the nuisance of an expedition leader out of the way. But most of all I want to get the most information out of this mission. For now, we have only one consensus, that Deathsword and Tiruin both want Darkstar dead. Dariush is resolutely in favour of no mislynching. It makes sense to me to put forward:

Darkstar
Tiruin
Deathsword
Dariush

(Darkstar, Tiruin, Deathsword, Dariush)

If Darkstar flips loyalist then pats on back and we'll have cleared three people (assuming that bussing is unlikely). If no one dies, then one of Dariush, Deathsword or Tiruin is loyalist or Darkstar has a special power. If Darkstar flips mutineer then we will have eliminated a suspect when there's the least amount of risk for doing so (and hopefully people's investigates and the results of the ratting in will tell us more). Am I missing anything obvious here?

A few posts ago you were arguing to Deathsword that not everyone was in agreement of DarkStar's scumminess. Now you're putting forward a plan to lynch him? Why the sudden change?

This plan also leaves out the possibility of a bus.

If Darkstar flips mutineer then we will have eliminated a suspect

What the hell is this, also. If I could vote you twice, I would.

Putting votes in the new format for less confusion-making.

NQT
Caz
Tiruin
Dariush

NQT, Caz, Tiruin, Dariush

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2014, 03:20:18 pm »

Can someone tell m why Tiruin and Deathsword suspect me? I can't actually see their argument anywhere; did I miss it?

People are pretty quick to lynch you today.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2014, 03:23:26 pm »

From what I've seen, Tiruin and Deathsword have been leading a reasonless mob against me. I'm guessing we have our scum already found, then.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:36 pm »

Caz
A few posts ago you were arguing to Deathsword that not everyone was in agreement of DarkStar's scumminess. Now you're putting forward a plan to lynch him? Why the sudden change?
We're right up against the deadline, we need to lynch someone and the only way to reliably do that is by putting forward a team where there's an agreement among three to lynch the fourth. I was arguing to Deathsword that just putting up Darkstar alone is a stupid idea if he's put with people that disagree over whether to lynch him. Is that hard to grasp? There's no information as to who would be a good candidate so Darkstar is essentially as good as anyone else.

This plan also leaves out the possibility of a bus.
We're still a big step closer to winning if there is a bus!

If Darkstar flips mutineer then we will have eliminated a suspect

What the hell is this, also. If I could vote you twice, I would.
You misunderstand me. This is Intermediate Tier Mafia Theory: it's usually always good to lynch someone, even if they turn out to have been town, as it helps narrow the range of suspects. That's why, broadly speaking, vigilantes are considered a pro-town role.

DarkStar
From what I've seen, Tiruin and Deathsword have been leading a reasonless mob against me. I'm guessing we have our scum already found, then.
Yeah it seems pretty weird how quick they both are to wagon you, but you're not doing yourself many favours: offer a counterproposal as to who we should lynch and who will do the lynching.

Imiknorris
You slipped again.
No I didn't, I meant exactly what I wrote. Worst case scenario, were we to lynch you and you don't flip loyalist we'll have narrowed down the possible people the loyalists could be (we'll be one step closer to the truth) and we'll have gotten rid of the player with the most useless power set as well.

I'm voting

NQT
Persus
Caz
Tiruin

with intent to lynch NQT.
Why Tiruin?

Alsoalso, would you like to know what I know as the Seawitch? It'll cost you an undead monkey.
Hmm, it might give the loyalists too much information... can you tell us if anyone else has a banned role?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2014, 05:25:07 pm »

I'm the only one with a banned role.

As for why I'm voting to send Tiruin with you, it's because she's the first one I saw show suspicion of you beyond the ones voting you.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2014, 08:21:48 pm »

As for why I'm voting to send Tiruin with you, it's because she's the first one I saw show suspicion of you beyond the ones voting you.
Well if I'm on the expedition--you know who I'm voting for.

I'm not even sure if you're actually serious, or being a total jerk.

LOOK BACK DAMNIT.

I can't...ugh.

Warning ahead: You piss me off a lot.

THEDARKSTAR.
THEDARKSTAR
THEDARKSTAR
HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THIS?! I BELIEVE YOU DID GIVEN [url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134140.msg4901938#msg4901938]THIS REPLY.[/size]][/url]

Goddamnit. This kind of coercion..goading..taunting. It reminds me of Dariush' (no offense Dar, you do it with style), but very crude.

Like a street thug does.

Tell me, WHAT DO YOU USE IN VIEWING THE FORUM?

Let's see.

Nice summary bro. Very detailed. Wow.

Caz, if you ain't going to be helpful--then I don't know what to feel about you at all other than subtle malice.

PFP
To note: I can only act on the expedition.

Tiruin, if that is to be so.

Glyph:
Am I also blind that you didn't see me voting TDS before?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2014, 08:23:41 pm »

yeah i got so annoyed i forgot to url and grammar woo

Well if I'm on the expedition--you know who I'm voting for.

I'm not even sure if you're actually serious, or being a total jerk.

LOOK BACK DAMNIT.

I can't...ugh.

Warning ahead: You piss me off a lot.

THEDARKSTAR.
THEDARKSTAR
THEDARKSTAR
HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THIS?! I BELIEVE YOU DID GIVE THIS REPLY.

Goddamnit. This kind of coercion..goading..taunting. It reminds me of Dariush' (no offense Dar, you do it with style), but very crude.

Like a street thug does.

Tell me, WHAT DO YOU USE IN VIEWING THE FORUM?

Let's see.

Nice summary bro. Very detailed. Wow.

Caz, if you ain't going to be helpful--then I don't know what to feel about you at all other than subtle malice.

PFP
To note: I can only act on the expedition.

Tiruin, if that is to be so.

Glyph:
Am I also blind that you didn't see me voting TDS before?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »

I don't know what that colour means, but it is nice.

I'm fearing for your bloodpressure when you play this game btw. Breathe, dear.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2014, 08:55:03 pm »

Caz
We're right up against the deadline, we need to lynch someone and the only way to reliably do that is by putting forward a team where there's an agreement among three to lynch the fourth. I was arguing to Deathsword that just putting up Darkstar alone is a stupid idea if he's put with people that disagree over whether to lynch him. Is that hard to grasp? There's no information as to who would be a good candidate so Darkstar is essentially as good as anyone else.

Alright, depending on who goes I'll vote either TDS or you, NQT. If both of you go, I'm sticking to my original target. That alright?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2014, 09:09:25 pm »

>_<

Eeyeah. I guess the mood I posted here and the other game was due that I just woke up and..had a really...emotional dream.

Ergh. Yeah.

TDS: Sorry to bug you for that and how I worded it but really--if such things as RL are affecting your play, please do say so. Even a tiny "Post is short because I'm 'x/y/z'" note would suffice as it explains other factors holding you up instead of having the observers (ie us) infer what's going on with you: me, for example, took the path of 'intentional ignorance' hence why my reply was worded that way--to get your attention (I mean I get a response of 'y u so angri' meaning you've read my post... ::) ) yet all I get is a blockheaded reception.

I mean I bolded my questions for goodness sake! How in the nine circles of hell can anyone miss that?

Anyway, yeah. Apologies if it was taxing on you, but yes-you did anger me, and it wasn't good.

Because seriously, one of my initial thoughts on why your behavior is such is due to RL stuff--something only mentioned now, and something that I had to contend with guessing /until/ now in order to get you and how you communicate directly.

While the notion of transparency would be withheld due to the nature of the game, it is best that you let others know if any external factors are affecting your play (but not as an excuse, because if found out, things are going to get bad from thereon).

Caz
Caz

Alright, depending on who goes I'll vote either TDS or you, NQT. If both of you go, I'm sticking to my original target. That alright?
Who is...?

I ask you this because of the unconventional gameplay. Only four will be sent, and I'd like transparency out of the box here. Said four will be under scrutiny in the future--biased or not, the notes on how scum will act (due to shipboard status//exp. status) are indirect.

GlyphGryph:
Determined Mutineer - You've been in this position before, and you know the stakes. You were the only survivor of your previous ship, and you won't let it happen again. A spot of discipline certainly won't keep you down. Or at least that's what you'd have others believe... You can "survive" a single discipline attempt, and you always come up "mutineer" to inspections. Surviving a discipline attempt will be public.
Lucky Bastard: [...]
Determined Mutineer survives any attempt at their life, once, while aboard the ship and the
Lucky Bastard survives any attempt at their life, once, while aboard the expedition
Right?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »

Also to be frank, my bloodpressure rises when I'm exposed to perceived idiocy at the moment. This is mostly always before rational and philosophical thinking takes place. >_>
Mmph.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2014, 09:22:24 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24