Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50531 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:54 am »

Persus
Well, unless Imiknorris is lying, then someone's a priest, and hopefully they'll stay on the ship and inspect people. If I was a priest, then I'd make Imiknorris my first inspect.

If Imiknorris is lying about being Expedition Leader, then the cook will be able to inspect him and find out too.
That's reasonable enough, so you're expecting someone to claim an inspect on Imiknorris at some point then?

Caz
Basically NQT claimed "3 loyalists and 1 mutineer" as his strategy for getting the right lynch, except 'loyalists' are the scum in this game. I find it hard to believe that if you opened your pm and read "you are blah blah mutineer" that you'd make the same mistake.
It's not that I actually thought mutineers were the scum, you'll note that I got them the right way round in my first post. As such, it would be very scummy if I suddenly claimed that I had thought that I was actually scum.

Urist
a) So you're FOSing me because I care more about chasing scum than talking about the mechanics that aren't all that hard to understand?
You seem inordinately worried about a bit of blue text; I was mostly trying to demonstrate how I think people should lay out their suspicions if we they want to distinguish between three people they provisionally trust and one that they definitely don't trust. But look, you don't seem to understand that most of your picks for people going on missions should be people you trust. Voting for just me is tantamount to saying, I trust you to go on the mission, which is not what you thought you were saying with your vote and shows you hadn't yet grasped how the mutineers are supposed to win this.

2) You're dumb, read the second line of my first post today. If you're going to suspect me then at least read what I post.
Serves me right for whittling out a post before running for a bus. You're quite right, you've claimed Expedition Leader and I did know that.

Tiruin, if you think Darkstar is scummy then just voting them may allow them to win: as I said before, if we get two loyalists on the mission, then the mission will end in a draw or the death of a mutineer.

Any word from Dariush?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2014, 07:28:26 am »

Pre-post (because it's in front of the post) pre-post (because it's because the action of posting) edit: the word from Dariush is 'hi'.

Somehow, despite being aware of the rules, I only now fully realized that to win we have to 1) pick an expedition roster with exactly one scum; 2) guess who that scum is; 3) vote for him unanimously; 4) repeat steps 1-3 2 times with no more than ~three mistakes (allowing for docs, picking two scum for an expo and so on) along the way. Revolution: Hardcore Edition, my ass. Due to this, I propose the following plan: everyone unofficially (let's say, in purple) states whom he is going to vote if he goes on expo. We do an unofficial (or, even better, official if GG agrees to making this more convenient) votecount and officially vote for the guy with the majority of the votes and 3/2 people who expressed intention to vote him. If he survives and no one claims fucking with the accident results, we may be reasonably sure that one of the 'voters' is lying scum. Opinions?

No banned role here.

Tiruin, why do you consider only voting for a single person you suspect the most a viable option?

TDS, explain your team makeup. From your uh almost absent contribution to this game I glean a negative opinion of Tiruin and Persus and absent opinion of the rest of the people. Are you still voting randomly?

Caz (note that I'll be using blue to highlight people I suspect and not people I think about voting for going onto the expo regardless of reasons): three of four people in your team were the same as in TDS's initial draft. How did you pick them?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2014, 08:05:22 am »

NQT
Tiruin, if you think Darkstar is scummy then just voting them may allow them to win: as I said before, if we get two loyalists on the mission, then the mission will end in a draw or the death of a mutineer.
I just hate his guts, his entrails and probably his offal--if I can call it that with dignity.

In all seriousness, this statement you say is a bit...off with me. Like you know, or can probably predict who or what's gonna happen--why tell me this, when my current visible votelist is short compared to the rest?

Nextly, why exactly me alone?

Nextish, I have to indulge my curiosity. If my single note causes this kind of warning: it feels like you're defending him. Why?

DARIUSH! :D
Why am I happy to see you...

...That's some exposition. Well, anyways, I see this as a puzzle within a puzzle, and will present formally that this is town's best movement if we go get the better ideal out: scum have to be real scummy to get both members on said expedition. I perhaps realized something.

The FIRST notice is: Who we vote, we send on the expedition--THIS IS WHERE THE FORMAL LYNCHING OCCURS due to vote shenanigans on those on the expedition. Those left behind the ship are left to the OP: "Discipline", if >0 scumbag/s is/are on board.
And from that notice I'm guessing TDS is town-leaning because of the multi-stoopidity. HAH!
As bloody if.

Tiruin, why do you consider only voting for a single person you suspect the most a viable option?
1. See above.
2. Backing up #1, it's my current playstyle with votes. I don't do mass-voting primarily because:
   a. I want my votes to have substance and content.
   b. I want my words to be point-y.
   c. As stated before, I will give my listing of who I'm voting on and on--evident in my words and actions; due suspicion shows as harder I press.
   d. I'm playing via general psych. When not voting people, said people are more 'lax', and subtle wordings can show. If I vote many people, then my point will be spread out, and the essence of my intent will be diluted.

So yep!

TDS is being a jerk and I don't like it.

I'd be intrigued, however, on what he has to reply since he somehow noticed me earlier.

Shocking.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2014, 08:27:18 am »

Persus
Well, unless Imiknorris is lying, then someone's a priest, and hopefully they'll stay on the ship and inspect people. If I was a priest, then I'd make Imiknorris my first inspect.

If Imiknorris is lying about being Expedition Leader, then the cook will be able to inspect him and find out too.
That's reasonable enough, so you're expecting someone to claim an inspect on Imiknorris at some point then?
Not necessarily. But if someone claims they've inspected Urist and found he was scum, I'd send him on an expedition.

Anyone else have question?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:30 am »

Waitaminut

NQT
Addendum:
Is this a bad thing?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:05 am »

Also: GlyphGryph: Could you put the 'how many people per expedition per day' on the OP please? Thanks!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:54 am »

Done. Added clarified voting rules as well.

Less than 24 hours remain until end of day

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2014, 09:51:52 am »

Why are you so angry Tiruin? It's like you want people to be pointed out as scum early on. I haven't said much because I haven't had a chance. We've had less than 40 posts since this started, so why do you expect long accusations already?

My list:

Tiruin
Caz
Persus13
Deathsword

I assume she's angry (if she's even angry, her post seems to indicate otherwise) because you are not even pretending to hunt.

The people you've voted. Why vote them? What makes you think sending them will result in scum being killed, or even anyone being killed? This isn't meatspace mafia where everyone just vote others without any sort of reason other than "just because". I think you need to suffer an accident today, mate, and I'm willing to help you along.

TheDarkStar
Deathsword

Uh, what? TDS is acting scummly, so we send him off to die. If he doesn't die then his scumbuddy got into the expedition and we then know that from the three other players we sent, one is the other scum. With two scum, the only way for someone who isn't the lynchee to die is if the third person, a townie, decides to vote for someone else entirely.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2014, 09:53:12 am »

Standing vote spread, best I can calculate from a quick tally:
NQT: Caz
Urist: NQT
Notquitethere: Persus
TheDarkStar: Persus, DeathSword
Dariush: Persus, Caz
Caz: Persus, TheDarkStar, Caz
Tiruin: TheDarkStar, Caz
Deathsword: TheDarkStar, DeathSword
Persus: TheDarkStar

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2014, 10:06:13 am »

Uh, what? TDS is acting scummly, so we send him off to die. If he doesn't die then his scumbuddy got into the expedition and we then know that from the three other players we sent, one is the other scum. With two scum, the only way for someone who isn't the lynchee to die is if the third person, a townie, decides to vote for someone else entirely.
Or he isn't scum, and someone else agrees that he isn't scum. Why are you so confident that Dark Star is scum?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:55 am »

Deathsword
That assumes that three players on the mission agree (or pretend to agree) to kill the fourth before the mission. This would be ideal, yes, but unlikely to be achieved with less than 24 hours to go.

Dariush
I propose the following plan: everyone unofficially (let's say, in purple) states whom he is going to vote if he goes on expo. We do an unofficial (or, even better, official if GG agrees to making this more convenient) votecount and officially vote for the guy with the majority of the votes and 3/2 people who expressed intention to vote him. If he survives and no one claims fucking with the accident results, we may be reasonably sure that one of the 'voters' is lying scum. Opinions?
Yeah this sounds sound. At the moment the only unanimity is that both Deathsword and Tiruin want Darkstar dead. There's not really much information to go on. Perhaps it would be better if we nolynched the first day and saw if there was a ratting-in, then we'd have a confirmed loyalist out of the three people left alive on the ship.

Tiruin
I just hate his guts, his entrails and probably his offal--if I can call it that with dignity.

In all seriousness, this statement you say is a bit...off with me. Like you know, or can probably predict who or what's gonna happen--why tell me this, when my current visible votelist is short compared to the rest?

Nextly, why exactly me alone?

Nextish, I have to indulge my curiosity. If my single note causes this kind of warning: it feels like you're defending him. Why?
I don't know why you hate Darkstar (if you really do), but that's not a particularly good reason to vote someone. I'm saying that we need to vote both the person we want killed and the people that are going to do the killing. If you really wanted Darkstar dead, you'd be voting for yourself as well. I've been saying this to everyone else as well, I'm not singling you out. That's not me defending Darkstar, that's me saying that you just voting for him and no one else doesn't make sense.

Is this a bad thing?
Yes Tiruin, a mission ending in the death of a mutineer is a bad thing. We want to kill the loyalists.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2014, 11:20:27 am »

Perhaps it would be better if we nolynched the first day and saw if there was a ratting-in, then we'd have a confirmed loyalist out of the three people left alive on the ship.
And intentionally waste one of the precious few mistakes allowed? Hell no.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2014, 11:37:46 am »

OK, so who are people voting for if they go on a mission?

If I was put on a mission I'd be happy to vote Imiknorris and get the nuisance of an expedition leader out of the way. But most of all I want to get the most information out of this mission. For now, we have only one consensus, that Deathsword and Tiruin both want Darkstar dead. Dariush is resolutely in favour of no mislynching. It makes sense to me to put forward:

Darkstar
Tiruin
Deathsword
Dariush

(Darkstar, Tiruin, Deathsword, Dariush)

If Darkstar flips loyalist then pats on back and we'll have cleared three people (assuming that bussing is unlikely). If no one dies, then one of Dariush, Deathsword or Tiruin is loyalist or Darkstar has a special power. If Darkstar flips mutineer then we will have eliminated a suspect when there's the least amount of risk for doing so (and hopefully people's investigates and the results of the ratting in will tell us more). Am I missing anything obvious here?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2014, 11:41:47 am »

If Darkstar flips loyalist then pats on back and we'll have cleared three people (assuming that bussing is unlikely). If no one dies, then one of Dariush, Deathsword or Tiruin is loyalist or Darkstar has a special power. If Darkstar flips mutineer then we will have eliminated a suspect when there's the least amount of risk for doing so (and hopefully people's investigates and the results of the ratting in will tell us more). Am I missing anything obvious here?
I'm not completely certain whether or not DarkStar is scum, but if there is no alternative, I'm willing to accept this.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2014, 11:55:20 am »

Well the alternative is you put forward a better candidate for lynching today. As I said, I'd be happy for Imiknorris to be lynched, as worst-case-scenario if he's a mutineer then at least we'll have gotten rid of an anti-mutineer role. Every day we have to leave Imiknorris back on the ship, we're potentially denying a useful investigate role a place on the ship. Day 2, when there might be four people on the mission and two people back on board, that's not a very good place for us to be in. What do you think?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24