Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50521 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2014, 09:28:42 pm »

...You have funny wording. O_o

You said its NQT but if I replace that in your sentence...

Caz
A few posts ago you were arguing to Deathsword that not everyone was in agreement of DarkStar's scumminess. Now you're putting forward a plan to lynch him? Why the sudden change?
We're right up against the deadline, we need to lynch someone and the only way to reliably do that is by putting forward a team where there's an agreement among three to lynch the fourth. I was arguing to Deathsword that just putting up Darkstar alone is a stupid idea if he's put with people that disagree over whether to lynch him. Is that hard to grasp? There's no information as to who would be a good candidate so Darkstar is essentially as good as anyone else.

Alright, depending on who goes I'll vote either TDS or you, NQT. If both of you go, I'm sticking to [NQT]. That alright?
Oh. Or it didn't. It sounded silly before I replaced it in text...because you were..speaking to him since he's your original target.
Bleh.

Why're you sticking to NQT though? I've my own reasons on why I'm faltering on TDS (sans any note on the rest to be sent for now) but..I'm curious on your notes on NQT.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:07 pm »

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why people want Darkstar lynched. If people could please explain. I understand why people want NQT dead (although I disagree with it) a lot better.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why people want Darkstar lynched. If people could please explain. I understand why people want NQT dead (although I disagree with it) a lot better.
His actions, to be general. I'm pretty concerned with how his playstyle and general disposition//intent has been this whole game, but how he acts isn't...in the benefits of communication, for me.

I mean he doesn't even. Literally. That phrase is constructed that way. Meaning: No RVS, no questioning. No anything.

I actually haven't looked at NQT that much other than the first snips on him and UI (...Wherein I really can't get the mutineer=town 'slip' as a real 'slip'. I mean, I made that mistake too and nobody's poking me on it for some reason).

Why don't you want to see TDS on the expedition?

General fact: VOTING PEOPLE TO BE ON THE EXPEDITION =/= True LYNCH. Think of it as a second phase, wherein those on ship are more accustomed to being disciplined (which is why I'm partly wanting to be on ship...you can infer why) but cannot kill scum (they have a vote to decide who goes into the 'elimination phase' or "Expedition" wherein it is the only time town can kill scum) [unless one-shot vig or I read the OP wrong].

Expedition =/= lynch, guys. There are still choices BETWEEN THOSE SENT ON THE EXPEDITION--so it is best to vote for those you also think are town as much as those you think are scum.

Because two scum, and rest are town. Hoho!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »

His actions, to be general. I'm pretty concerned with how his playstyle and general disposition//intent has been this whole game, but how he acts isn't...in the benefits of communication, for me.

I mean he doesn't even. Literally. That phrase is constructed that way. Meaning: No RVS, no questioning. No anything.

I actually haven't looked at NQT that much other than the first snips on him and UI (...Wherein I really can't get the mutineer=town 'slip' as a real 'slip'. I mean, I made that mistake too and nobody's poking me on it for some reason).

General fact: VOTING PEOPLE TO BE ON THE EXPEDITION =/= True LYNCH. Think of it as a second phase, wherein those on ship are more accustomed to being disciplined (which is why I'm partly wanting to be on ship...you can infer why) but cannot kill scum (they have a vote to decide who goes into the 'elimination phase' or "Expedition" wherein it is the only time town can kill scum) [unless one-shot vig or I read the OP wrong].

Expedition =/= lynch, guys. There are still choices BETWEEN THOSE SENT ON THE EXPEDITION--so it is best to vote for those you also think are town as much as those you think are scum.

It's just you guys started getting on about him for randomly voting people, when I did the EXACT SAME THING, and haven't heard a single word of complaint. I'd also like to point out that no one has tried to do RVS besides general proposals about how to work the game.

I agree with you that NQT being attacked for confusion is something I don't see as scumtell, but I understand why people are attacking him more than anything else.

One possible benefit of both scum going on the expedition is that they lose their scum kill.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:14 pm »

The Determined Mutineer only survives discipline attempts, and wouldn't survive a backstab even if it WAS on the ship.

Also, less than 12 hours remain.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:43 pm »

Why're you sticking to NQT though? I've my own reasons on why I'm faltering on TDS (sans any note on the rest to be sent for now) but..I'm curious on your notes on NQT.

His "we are loyalists" scumslip.

Also, anyone who is sent on the expedition can't nightkill. If we sent both scum on the expedition, the lack of a nightskill would reveal this. If I understand the mechanics correctly. People who go on the expedition are also immune to being nightkilled.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2014, 11:16:03 pm »

Also, anyone who is sent on the expedition can't nightkill. If we sent both scum on the expedition, the lack of a nightskill would reveal this. If I understand the mechanics correctly. People who go on the expedition are also immune to being nightkilled.

As far as I can see, people can nightkill people on the ship only if they are there and people on the expedition only if they are there.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2014, 12:08:32 am »

The Scum Night Kill is a Ship Action (can only be performed on the ship) with any player as a valid target - those who went on expo will return to the Captain's Wrath!

It is true that the scum can not scum-kill if they are both on expo.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:49 am »

Y'know TDS, I'm fairly annoyed at how rude you can be. At least address me when I speak to you, or at least give a 'I'll get back to you later'.

Because thrice damn my choice of rolepicks. I should've gone the Vig and shot you where you stand right now if my judgement lay on emotions.

...I admitted to the same 'scumslip' here, and got nothing for it. Knowing my own self, I doubt it's a scumslip--meaning those voting him are looking for a darn easy excuse to off NQT.
NQT, the loyalists are the scum. You've given yourself away.
Ehh, not actually xD
I firstly thought loyalists were town and mutineers were scum too.
I got nothing from it--UI answered me too, and it was a casual response.

EXTEND THIS. ALSO VOTECOUNT PLEASE.

It's just you guys started getting on about him for randomly voting people, when I did the EXACT SAME THING, and haven't heard a single word of complaint. I'd also like to point out that no one has tried to do RVS besides general proposals about how to work the game.

I agree with you that NQT being attacked for confusion is something I don't see as scumtell, but I understand why people are attacking him more than anything else.

One possible benefit of both scum going on the expedition is that they lose their scum kill.
Randomly voting?
nay.
While that'd be one part of his post, the other part is that - and the difference from you is - THAT HE'S DOING NOTHING ELSE BUT THROWING CRAP. I mean he even made a retort to me in the most passive-aggressive way without considering WHAT we're talking about, including what the questions were, here.

Include that, and his utter brevity two posts above, he gives no mention to those questioning him.
Do I need to put it in 36pt? I believe I should.

Persus13: Reads. Also what is your understanding on TDS. Next, expound on the orange portion.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2014, 02:36:48 am »

...I realize this was lost in posting.

Glyph: Updated Expedition count please.

Also: Tiruin, TheDarkStar.

Yeah I only am confident with this setup. Pretty new with the whole multi-red thing, but I'm still sticking to the dual nature of how we're picking groups.

It's like segregation. Those on ship are left to scum-hands (if scum is left on ship, which we'll see...I think) while those on expedition are able to converse with each other (or..not? Anyway, able to look back) and stake their target.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2014, 03:22:17 am »

EBWOP
The Determined Mutineer only survives discipline attempts, and wouldn't survive a backstab even if it WAS on the ship.

Also, less than 12 hours remain.
Assuming 11 hours from this time. At the time of my post here leaves ~5 hours left. Good enough time to decide..

Curse this.
Unvote all.

Tiruin.

Reading back if there's no extension. I made the error of assuming that we may still speak on expedition. Will ensure my notes align with my read.

TDS: Please please please please please reply.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2014, 04:32:39 am »

Tiruin, you're turning into Wuba. Stop it.

Since the allergy to needless code duplication in me rebelled against seeing votes in the format of ABCD (ABCD), I propose the following format:
TDS
Tiruin
Deathsword
Dariush

If we sent both scum on the expedition, the lack of a nightskill would reveal this. If I understand the mechanics correctly. People who go on the expedition are also immune to being nightkilled.
Wrong. There's also the possibility that they didn't NK or that the effects of DM or GOB happened (there's also TB, but seeing as he's banned and nobody claimed him, it's safe to assume that either nobody has him or scum do).

TDS, you're a cretin. Why did you even join this forum if you ignore people, accuse them of 'mobs' and can't give a single reason for your actions or make a post longer than one line? Are you an alt of some old-timer who joined just to troll people? Otherwise, I absolutely fail to see any explanation for your actions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2014, 07:30:06 am »

Ok, time didn't grow in my hands this day. Anyways, since we're not seeing an extension--revoke extend request.

From This
I could calculate a:

0 Urist Imiknorris [UI]:
3 Notquitethere: Persus, UI, Caz
4 TheDarkStar: Persus, DeathSword, NQT, Dariush
4 Dariush: Persus, Caz, NQT, Dariush
4 Caz: Persus, TheDarkStar, Caz, UI
4 Tiruin: TheDarkStar, Caz, NQT, UI, Dariush
4 Deathsword: TheDarkStar, DeathSword, NQT, Dariush
2 Persus: TheDarkStar, UI

UI's willing to lynch NQT (he's not on the exp.)
Dar's willing to lynch TDS (")
I'm willing to lynch TDS.

" - same as above statement
But on a reread-in-memory...I'm really wondering why Caz picked me and cannot remember why he did so.

Anyway, this is how things roll without me voting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:46 am »

Alright, let's do this.
~
TDS
Tiruin
~
List cont' below.
Yeah, that stuff with me trusting m'self and all that. Also, its pretty obvious that I'm not in league with TDS if people suspect us both as scum :v

Anyways.

4 Tiruin: TheDarkStar, Caz, NQT, UI, Dariush
I may vote two others. From the list, they roll on Caz, DS and Dar. All of whom except for Caz, I have not been taking much notes.

*lurkertracker, GO!*

Mmm..interesting.
So I've someone I trust. However I note that he's...being fairly good in parrying anything I say at him. Mmh?
Spoiler: Queries for Caz (click to show/hide)

Dariush; tldr: Not enough of a foolproof read to vote for.

Dude, you've got 8 posts. [6] is your first...Ehh? What were you doing this whole time? Also why're you voting for yerself, and the rest (meaning: Reasons, and reads on everyone else? Thanks)

I note that in the first post, little to none were followed-up. Why so? Or were you just gathering info on what to do/initial reads of intent?

Deathsword:
...Ok, you're even lesser than Dariush. You've got 7 posts. Bluh??
[5] is the start.

Ugh.

That said:
TDS
Tiruin
Caz
Deathsword

It was a hard tie between Dariush and Deathsword--however I'm looking at the idea of Dariush being a better proposal than DS given the scenario of DS' posts looking...muchly unfinished. He only has 3 pertinent posts: A, B, and C.
And I'm... not too happy with what feelings I can glean from them. Given that, C speaks of a good intent and a willful observation in how he speaks--no malice detected either.

Going with the better pick (I..quite lost a bit on you, Dar. It didn't match a train of thought, like you're somehow hiding stuff there).

"Set sail to yonder shores. I shall procure me some nice frog extract! TO KILL YOU ALL FOR SINKING ME BLASTED SHIP. MWAHAHAHA. And then we cook frog's legs and douse it in ale over a hearty fire. Lower cholesterol that way. Nobody likes LDL's."
Let's see someone turn this sentence into some kind of attack. >_> I'm used to it. Think too much about me having fun! Go ahead!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2014, 07:51:42 am »

EBWOP

0 Urist Imiknorris [UI]:
3 Notquitethere: Persus, UI, Caz
5 Tiruin: TheDarkStar, Caz, NQT, UI, Dariush
2 Persus: TheDarkStar, UI
Changes in orange.
Hey, people like me!
..Why do you people like me?
Guys, please explain your votes. I'm curious of the intent and what you thought when you voted.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24