Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50524 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »

Ack, I made a post but re-reading this thread it's nowhere to be found, so I'm assuming my crap internet ate it in some way. Will try to paraphrase my responses again and make new ones for the new stuff.

Could you clarify the bolded statement? Would you believe NQT if he had claimed "oh, I'm mutineer and thought I was scum so chose to lie!" despite this sentence making absolutely no sense?

Basically NQT claimed "3 loyalists and 1 mutineer" as his strategy for getting the right lynch, except 'loyalists' are the scum in this game. I find it hard to believe that if you opened your pm and read "you are blah blah mutineer" that you'd make the same mistake. That he made some other explanation rather than claiming that he thought he was scum trying to appear town (i.e he thought he was mutineer, and thus scum) would make more sense to me, and yeah, it would be more convincing.

Also, I get all the random votes. Yay me.

Notquitethere
Caz
Tiruin
Dariush

to start.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2014, 06:17:46 pm »

Deathsword, I take it that you didn't get a banned role? Any thoughts on my questions on strategy?
I think it could work. A lack of deaths on exepeditions would indicate more than one scum, leaving only the business of identifying who. Also, no banned role.

Good point.

Dariush
Caz
Tiruin
Deathsword

So... will you do anything else? Will you comment on NQT's plan and possible slip? Will you tell us wheter or not you got a banned role?

I already mentioned this:

I also do not have a banned role.

Also, I like NQT's idea, and I think we should start working on a list of trustworthy people. I am worried about the slip, though, so we should be careful about sending NQT as a likely town person.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2014, 06:34:59 pm »

Also, I like NQT's idea, and I think we should start working on a list of trustworthy people. I am worried about the slip, though, so we should be careful about sending NQT as a likely town person.

Yeah, it's a good plan, but it also makes me worried that now scum will try to appear scummy to get themselves sent on an expedition. If even two of them go, it's likely to swing the vote in their favour. Which makes me voting myself kinda circumspect, but I was only doing that to get this game in the groove. -.-

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »

How many scum are there? If there's eight of us, then there's two scum, right? Which means if scum want to use their kill, one of them should stay on the ship. I think that the best situation for scum is if all the scum stay on the ship, because they know there will be a town lynch and a scum kill. However, trying to stay on the ship isn't a complete scumtell because priests, cooks, and lookouts all want to stay on the ship to use their actions.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:28 pm »

How many scum are there? If there's eight of us, then there's two scum, right? Which means if scum want to use their kill, one of them should stay on the ship. I think that the best situation for scum is if all the scum stay on the ship, because they know there will be a town lynch and a scum kill. However, trying to stay on the ship isn't a complete scumtell because priests, cooks, and lookouts all want to stay on the ship to use their actions.

Yeah, what you say makes sense. I thought this game would be big enough for there to be 3 scum. If there's only 2 it lessens their ability to skew what happens on the expeditions. Since there's only one of each role it should be easy enough to figure out who is doing what and why. I much prefer that to verbal sparring anyway, so it should be a good game.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2014, 07:36:31 pm »

Sorry if I didnt state this publicly - it wasnt supposed to be hidden knowledge. There are  two scum - we didnt get enough players for 3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:04 pm »

Hmm, so I thought about the setup and...well, scum lynching hasn't been this hard.

We've to vote them away, then at those people who were voted, they should vote the right person out.

Mmph.

NQT, the loyalists are the scum. You've given yourself away.
Ehh, not actually xD
I firstly thought loyalists were town and mutineers were scum too.

...UI, why do you think so? I mean, it's not like people can talk about what they have as first impressions--as what NQT said, aye?

WOOP WOOP WOOP

Banned role alert: I got Expedition Leader. Whoever got priest, I don't like you.

Are we looking for the heart of Davy Jones? Because we're definitely too far south for cursed Aztec gold.
Dohoho.
You TOO?! I don't like you either! :D

Yeah. I didn't get Priest, but I didn't get a banned role either.
Tiruin hefts the rope on her arm.
...I sorta guessed many people would pick an investigative role.
Why are you telling the bolded part?

Lastly, why ain'tya talking to NQT about what he's saying, and instead being carefree with your vote on him? You do note that Glyph said that while we can vote multiple characters, WE CAN ONLY VOTE THEM ONCE.
So..there's no pressure voting.
When electing people for expeditions, you can vote for as many characters as you want, but only once per character. In the case of a tie without enough expedition slots remaining for characters with a given vote count, the person going on the expedition will be chosen randomly. Please cast all votes in red, and please include your current entire vote roster when changing or updating your votes.

There aren't any hammers, so why should I hold back my vote?

You're just digging yourself deeper. OMGUS~
>_>
wat.

No banned role here.

I nominate myself for the glorious expedition! Come with me Tiruin and accept your fate!
*ahem*, Tiruin!
While I stand by my first inference there, I'd wonder why you aren't even doing any RVS and voting me off the plank. >.>

I mean, the only rational thing I can poke on is that you've had a gun-in for me in the past games...and it came up until now.
Or you hate me.
Caz: Why only me, and nothing for me to bite on?

Everyne:
Also, Urist, if you'd paid attention to anything I was writing, you'd see that I was trying to say that just voting people is counterproductive if we put two loyalists on the mission. So perhaps it's best to hold back on our votes until we have three people we trust (perhaps marked out in green, like notquitethere) and one person we don't trust. Unless you have a counterargument, if so I'd like to hear it.
Well, this game best suits my sort of scumhunt-voting (ie psychological pressure with lack of FoS')
But I agree! Greening out people seems best here!

TDS
No banned role here.

Since no one looks particularly scummy right now, I'm going to random vote four people (excluding Imiknorris)

Notquitethere
TheDarkStar
Dariush
Caz

I choose you four.

Hah, still getting used to the terminology! I keep thinking 'loyalist=good guy' 'mutineer=scum' as it's an inversion of the usual associations for the role. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I had the same problem, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I also do not have a banned role. Also, in response to your random vote, here's my random vote: Persus13.
How can a random vote be a response to a random vote?

Good point.

Dariush
Caz
Tiruin
Deathsword

Ai, stoopid. >_>
Your only post consists of this and nothing else for those you vote for?!
What's the purpose of that but laziness?
I already mentioned this:

I also do not have a banned role.

Lazy.

You do know that you're being nothing but a detriment by saying nothing at all, right?

Why did you choose those people to be voted?
Why don't you add anything for them to answer?
Are you going to laze around and do nothing at all? I've seen jack from you and all your posts thus far--the only redeeming part is that's how you play every darn game. While I hate metaknowledge coming into the scene, I'D LIKE IT IF YOU EVEN DAMN TRIED MORE.

Problem: YOu're being damn lazy, more, this game.

Ack, I made a post but re-reading this thread it's nowhere to be found, so I'm assuming my crap internet ate it in some way. Will try to paraphrase my responses again and make new ones for the new stuff.

Could you clarify the bolded statement? Would you believe NQT if he had claimed "oh, I'm mutineer and thought I was scum so chose to lie!" despite this sentence making absolutely no sense?

Basically NQT claimed "3 loyalists and 1 mutineer" as his strategy for getting the right lynch, except 'loyalists' are the scum in this game. I find it hard to believe that if you opened your pm and read "you are blah blah mutineer" that you'd make the same mistake. That he made some other explanation rather than claiming that he thought he was scum trying to appear town (i.e he thought he was mutineer, and thus scum) would make more sense to me, and yeah, it would be more convincing.

Also, I get all the random votes. Yay me.

Notquitethere
Caz
Tiruin
Dariush

to start.

GLYPH
I am confused.
You say that people can only vote a character ONCE. Can these things carry over?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2014, 07:47:30 pm »

Edit: Ah, now I get it. Glyph: Disregard that 24pt note at you.
Please cast all votes in red, and please include your current entire vote roster when changing or updating your votes.
Guess this means that people can drop their votes, but that'd be permanent for the day and they can't shift back, for the day.

...This is gonna be a doozy scumhunt. Glad I'm saving my targets till later.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2014, 07:56:27 pm »

Tiruin: Huh? I took the vote once to mean you couldn't have a vote count twice.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2014, 08:01:30 pm »

Yeah, it just  means that getting multiple votes doesnt mean you can have multiple votes on the same person. You can drop and add votes as you see fit - the only list of votes that matters is the last one you made.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »

Yeah, it just  means that getting multiple votes doesnt mean you can have multiple votes on the same person. You can drop and add votes as you see fit - the only list of votes that matters is the last one you made.
.... :V

You should'a clarified that in the first note.
Edit: Ah, now I get it. Glyph: Disregard that 24pt note at you.
Please cast all votes in red, and please include your current entire vote roster when changing or updating your votes.
Guess this means that people can drop their votes, but that'd be permanent for the day and they can't shift back, for the day.

...This is gonna be a doozy scumhunt. Glad I'm saving my targets till later.
So this is discarded.

Well, anyway, my previous points stand @UI other than the thing of the permanent-vote stuffs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2014, 10:19:32 pm »

Why are you so angry Tiruin? It's like you want people to be pointed out as scum early on. I haven't said much because I haven't had a chance. We've had less than 40 posts since this started, so why do you expect long accusations already?

My list:

Tiruin
Caz
Persus13
Deathsword
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2014, 11:32:34 pm »

nqt
Urist, I'm just saying that a vote in isolation is unhelpful and potentially counterproductive and perhaps shows that you haven't really tried to understand the set up beyond a superficial reading. This doesn't fill with me with much confidence, hence the FOS. Also, am I right in assuming that by your omission, you didn't get any of the banned roles?
a) So you're FOSing me because I care more about chasing scum than talking about the mechanics that aren't all that hard to understand?
2) You're dumb, read the second line of my first post today. If you're going to suspect me then at least read what I post.

Tiruin
NQT, the loyalists are the scum. You've given yourself away.
Ehh, not actually xD
I firstly thought loyalists were town and mutineers were scum too.

...UI, why do you think so? I mean, it's not like people can talk about what they have as first impressions--as what NQT said, aye?
Because if you actually read anything at all about the game (such as the OP, or your first role PM if you were town) you'd know that the whole point of the game is to engineer a mutiny and not get exposed by loyalists.

Lastly, why ain'tya talking to NQT about what he's saying, and instead being carefree with your vote on him? You do note that Glyph said that while we can vote multiple characters, WE CAN ONLY VOTE THEM ONCE.
Not being able to revote someone is stupid and I figured that no sane moderator would include it as a limitation outside of a bastard game.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2014, 12:34:40 am »

Why are you so angry Tiruin? It's like you want people to be pointed out as scum early on. I haven't said much because I haven't had a chance. We've had less than 40 posts since this started, so why do you expect long accusations already?

It's not that I expect long accusations already--it's that YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING AT ALL OR EVEN ASK ANY QUESTION--EVEN AN RVS ONE

If you wish to interpret my formatting as anger, then I let the subjectivity lie. TDS as far as I see, is some scummy guy.

Lazy!~

Answer my questions, bucko.

UI
Because if you actually read anything at all about the game (such as the OP, or your first role PM if you were town) you'd know that the whole point of the game is to engineer a mutiny and not get exposed by loyalists.
Yeah, I did. Then I read my PM. Then the revelation.

I mean, it's not the usual note that 'hey, the good guys [town - presumed] are actually a negative connotation!'

Not being able to revote someone is stupid and I figured that no sane moderator would include it as a limitation outside of a bastard game.
Well I was confused so call my statement stupid instead of generalizing. >:I
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24