Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50498 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2014, 12:41:18 am »

Mafia Rules: if everyone agrees on something, scum are benefiting.
Not a rule, per se, just a theory. :P
Because we did agree holistically, before, and it ended the game for scum and gave a town win.

All rules have exceptions. That doesn't stop them being rules. :P
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 20, 2014, 12:42:33 am »

:I

Run a new game like this GlyphGryph. We wait with bated breath.
Totally not edited.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:09:54 am by Tiruin »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2014, 12:46:39 am »

Clever Cat:
Geoffrey Taylor

Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death.

Bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as terror or awe.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2014, 12:55:40 am »

My point exactly. :I
But you missed the 'i' there. :P

And yes, contextually, I mean what I said due to how GlyphyGryph plays out his mod-games. They've got a subtle deviation from normal regular plays, and how skewed they are towards one team or another depends mostly on how the players play--one side may seem OP, so the other will compensate..and stuff like that.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:06 am »

That's on account of how it's properly said bated breath, not baited breath.

Unless you're eating sardines. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2014, 01:07:01 am »

>_>
<_<
You're mean.
I never said that.
Hahah edited T_T

But yesh. I'm all up for another Glyph-game in this setup.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2014, 01:08:56 am »

I am. It's true. *hangs head*

I like oddball setups like this.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:19 am »

I might do another one just continuing this one a bit further into the future. After all, we didn't really find out what was going on, did we? We know where the Captain is going, and he's managed to get an iron fisted grip on his crew - but we don't know what he's looking for there, and he is rather short on hands.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2014, 10:26:02 am »

I'd be more than happy to give this game another shot. I like these sort of mechanically crunchy closed set-up games.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2014, 10:50:47 am »

I'd be willing to give this another shot too. I think I'll do better this time around know I understand how the game works.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »

Any suggested changes to the roles?

At the least, I plan on dropping Expedition Leader (maybe replace it with "accident prone", so you always suffer an accident if on expedition), and I think the double-vote power of salty dog might be a little bit TOO powerful and needs to be scaled back if not removed.

Any other suggestions?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2014, 06:34:06 pm »

Any suggested changes to the roles?

At the least, I plan on dropping Expedition Leader (maybe replace it with "accident prone", so you always suffer an accident if on expedition), and I think the double-vote power of salty dog might be a little bit TOO powerful and needs to be scaled back if not removed.

Any other suggestions?
How about:
Native Guide-when votes are tied between the guide and another player to go on an expedition, the Guide will automatically win.
Gambler-(Ship Night Action) You may pick another player and make them play a game of chance. The winner can not be voted to go on an expedition by the loser.

How about replacing Salty Dog with Ship's Doctor (You can privately tell the captain someone is unfit to go on the expedition. This subtracts a vote from their tally. This can't be used on the Ship's Doctor himself)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2014, 06:37:25 pm »

Gambler-(Ship Night Action) You may pick another player and make them play a game of chance. The winner can not be voted to go on an expedition by the loser.
How about the winner gets the loser's vote?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 21, 2014, 07:35:49 am »

I'd play again. Knowing what I do now, we should have paid a lot more attention to the roles considering they're very important to the setup.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 21, 2014, 07:55:56 am »

The roles also very much give the mutineers the advantage: as loyalists, Deathsword and I had to pick the better town-roles to stop you guys getting them.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]