Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 52036 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2013, 12:20:23 am »

@EP:

OMGUS stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you.

She did vote for you, but not in response to being voted for. I wouldn't rate that as OMGUS.

Also, didn't get the ninja'd alert when I posted that, so I didn't realize your post was now in the way, and it's pretty obvious to whom I am responding with that comment. There's only two of us talking about the game mechanics angle of the D1 lynch.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2013, 12:20:49 am »

Elephant, there really hasn't been anything scummy said. The only thing slightly arguable was you and makeinu, and personally, I take makeinu's said instead of yours. From the last game, I basically did the same thing as he did due to the fact that the way mafia is played here is generally different from where I played it. You seemed to be purely attacking him, and didn't do much argument other than 'Makeinu's style of playing is bad-->thus scummy'.

Also, I just got back, and out of the four that replied so far, I only really find you scummy. My argument is basically that there should be no reason that you are attacking makeinu because you are doing what he is doing with much confidence.

PPE:
Make, I am a he.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2013, 12:22:31 am »

Superblackcat: Looking over your posts, you have not formed a single proper argument. The only person you've at all attacked is me, which could be considered OMGUS.
Didn't SBC vote you first just now? So wouldn't it be you vote that was an OMGUS, Elephant?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2013, 12:23:48 am »

PPE:
Make, I am a he.

*facepalms*

That's on your profile... *sigh* My apologies... I didn't look first...  ::)
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2013, 12:24:31 am »

Hehe... IT :P.

Persus, Thanks for pointing that out, I probably would not have realized that until tomorrow. :<

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2013, 12:26:43 am »

Elephant, there really hasn't been anything scummy said. The only thing slightly arguable was you and makeinu, and personally, I take makeinu's said instead of yours. From the last game, I basically did the same thing as he did due to the fact that the way mafia is played here is generally different from where I played it. You seemed to be purely attacking him, and didn't do much argument other than 'Makeinu's style of playing is bad-->thus scummy'.
Again, a bad style of playing is either scummy or useless.

Also, I just got back, and out of the four that replied so far, I only really find you scummy. My argument is basically that there should be no reason that you are attacking makeinu because you are doing what he is doing with much confidence.
Elaborate, please? I haven't been attacking makeinu nearly as much since he started posting more. I was originally attacking him because he was being an active lurker, so I don't see how my style was similar to his.

And now you both seem to be supporting each other. Might be a coincidence, but might also be scumminess.

Superblackcat: Looking over your posts, you have not formed a single proper argument. The only person you've at all attacked is me, which could be considered OMGUS.
Didn't SBC vote you first just now? So wouldn't it be you vote that was an OMGUS, Elephant?

I honestly didn't even remember he voted for me. If I did remember, I probably wouldn't have voted.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2013, 12:30:12 am »

Puffer: I think that the accusations against MakeInU are easily nooby, and not worth killing over. It seems to me that Elephant wants someone dead, and he finds Make the easiest to get rid of. I'm sure it has been scummy, but all of it can be explained by pure nooby-ness, and I'm not up for lynching it (Unless something drastic happens) Until tomorrow, D2. (Where it should be more familiar with how this works).

So they're either scumtells or newbtells. Not really a BandWagon, then. What are you willing to lynch for on D1?

You do have a point though. I get too into the game due to the last environment I was in; it was pretty rocky conversational terrain.

MakeInu:

Camel caps is too much fun, hope it doesn't bother you :P Anyway. Do you honestly believe that a D1 no lynch is best for the town?
 Either way, the town needs to lynch a mafia member on the second day.

PPE:
Persus: Would you rate MakeInu's tells as newbtells?

((Also people seriously if you can, QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE. It's the most helpful thing you can do to boost your argument through context. PLEASE QUOTE. PSA over.))

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2013, 12:33:28 am »

Again, a bad style of playing is either scummy or useless.

Elaborate, please? I haven't been attacking makeinu nearly as much since he started posting more. I was originally attacking him because he was being an active lurker, so I don't see how my style was similar to his.

And now you both seem to be supporting each other. Might be a coincidence, but might also be scumminess.

I honestly didn't even remember he voted for me. If I did remember, I probably wouldn't have voted.

Elephant, you might as well start adding others to the group and make a 10 person mafia.

No, his style is not bad, yes it is different to what you are used to... Too bad. Frankly, I had this hardship when I did my previous mafia game, almost got lynched twice (or some number of times) because I played differently. I don't blame you for the bias.

What I do blame you for is that you seemed to attack him and continue to attack him based off of accusations. I started this as a pressure vote, I did not reply to whether that was a pressure vote to.... pressure you obviously.

Now I seemed to get a response that I am not too happy with.

_______

I have not figured out how to quote, my try last time failed miserably last game....

Puffer (If you want the post, it's the one above this one):

Elephant was indeed trying to start a bandwagon, using 'Day is ending' to fuel it. I am willing to lynch Elephant. He seems to be able to give us a lot of information, even if he isn't scum, just because of the amount of dueling going over him.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2013, 12:36:03 am »

Elephant was indeed trying to start a bandwagon, using 'Day is ending' to fuel it. I am willing to lynch Elephant. He seems to be able to give us a lot of information, even if he isn't scum, just because of the amount of dueling going over him.

Mm. You have a point with information for sure. I hate to sound swayed over such a small argument, but it's very concise and true.

Though I never heard EP use that phrase "Day ending"? Could you find that for me?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2013, 12:37:00 am »

All those who heed the Confessor! {Town/scum} Listen to me! Your skills, whether you choose to use them in proceeding times (in other Mafia games) will be based on the values you present! What we face now--what we all face, is the tribulation of critical thought!

Perses
Tiruin: Same with you. [I'd like hear more from you. What are your thoughts on the game so far?]
*checks scumdar*
It's going haywire. I see a series of vague tells and null tells that I'm not running my suspicions on tells any further, but empirical evidence--examination of the essence of people's posts and utility of perspective.
Given the drastic shift in time (time of day compared to a normal BM), I myself am aghast at this prospect of decision, yet am partly glad that things are going...smoothly.

Now, Who are you considering to be your top three suspects?
Ladder of Scumminess from greatest to least:
1. Elephant, makeinu
2. Puff
3. SBC, Tiruin, Luke
4. Me
Interesting ladder.
Why am I near the least marker? Same goes to SBC?

LP
I'll savor this notion.

Also, you've been particularly quiet, Luke_Prowler. What devious plans do you hide...

@Pufferfish: Do you fear being eliminated? By either town or mafia.
I find it amusing that, while you did note this error, you did not unvote.
@Makeinu: lack of sleep and general whimsicalness
This is not an excuse. Or a really bad decision without any thought or foresight.

What do you think about self-voting? My vote on Puffin was steadied by his words.
What ploy are you trying out here?
What...are you doing?

Woah, he's voting himself. You can do that?
Theoretically. But it's not a good idea especially if the excuse is related to Reality.

Puffin
> The vote was part of an RVS as I considered you as an able player--one who could take down and rationalize anyone else in a clear format. The person lurking--given this game context--I discarded as someone either busy due to RL or timezones. In truth, I..didn't check the profiles for lurking (..I mean, lurking D1? >_> Nice work guys. This is a BM and then you do such things?)
Who is that one lurking--how or what did he do, and why do you think he is a prospective target?

What I mean is why did you vote for the loud player who appeared to be wanting to get somewhere and not the lurker who was quietly shadowing the whole game?

That's a good enough answer. I was talking about Squill's lurking and now I am talking about MakeInu who has, recently, been actively lurking. He's a target as he's added little to no constructive comments, answers, or questions to the discussion. Which, funnily enough, is constructive in itself hee hee.
Well if Makeinu's actions denote such, are you forwarding something focused on him or are you just calling out 'Hey Makeinu, you're lurking!'
Reality can intervene between posts, yet a post as shallow as this without further questions (ie What are your reads on people? // 'Something to give insight to this person') denote someone doing an action just for the sake of doing it.
Why do you compare targets and their priority to others as if its a valid case to base on?

Elephant
Huh, didn't notice those. Unvote, since you're being more active now. I'm still keeping an eye on you, though.

I'll start scumhunting again later tonight or tomorrow.
Tiruin taps you on your shoulder.
"Dude, listen. What you say is very open to misinterpretation. 'I'll start scumhunting...' really sounds like a subtle case of 'what I did before isn't scumhunting' instead of 'This will continue tonight or tomorrow'. Out here, we're all guilty unless proven innocent, kid.

"Also you really don't have to blue that note. The finger of suspicion is used to detail the name of the person. Any other way...lessens its meaning."

Given this speed of time and decision, I'd like to hear--even in brief--what you think of quite everyone here. A short sentence or two detailing how you see them and why would be enough, but I'd like to know more about what you think.

Superblackcat
Are we not allowed to.... Extend?

if so.

Elephant Parade.

You seem to be doing very well trying to lead a BW.
We only have one extend as said by Persus. One. Throughout the whole game. :)
You vote him and say that he's doing...'very well'? What did you see in him there? How is it a bandwagon? If this has been replied to before, please link--however if there's anything missing, please answer.
Just another thing I forgot to tack on their.... How exactly does notify work. It's not working for me.

...Eh? Do you mean the Notify button near the forum reply thing? It sends an email to your email address whenever a reply has been made. I sincerely advise you to NOT KEEP NOTIFIED unless you want spam..heh. Spam.
What you want is the "Show new replies to your posts." near the upper left of the forum. It shows the threads you've posted in and when they're updated by another post.
Which is what I believe you want.

Everyone:
Dusk approaches. May I require a summary of your cases against the person you're voting and their reasons why?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2013, 12:41:23 am »

Elephant, you might as well start adding others to the group and make a 10 person mafia.
???

No, his style is not bad, yes it is different to what you are used to... Too bad. Frankly, I had this hardship when I did my previous mafia game, almost got lynched twice (or some number of times) because I played differently. I don't blame you for the bias.
Yes, yes it is bad. Or, well, it was. Now, he's okay-ish.

What I do blame you for is that you seemed to attack him and continue to attack him based off of accusations. I started this as a pressure vote, I did not reply to whether that was a pressure vote to.... pressure you obviously.
You keep attacking people until they let something slip or you run out of information.

I have not figured out how to quote, my try last time failed miserably last game....
...you use the quote button? Are you on a phone, by any chance?
Code: (How to quote using BBCode) [Select]
[quote=quoted name (optional)]Quoted text.[/quote]
What? What are you talking about?

How successful do you think that has been? Do you think anyone is scummy enough to warrant a lynch?

Inconsistencies, no, not yet.

FoS @ ElephantParade (is that what the dark blue is used for here?). He seems overly eager to point fingers at others and accuse them of not scum-hunting. That could be a product of many things, but of all so far, he seems most suspicious to me.

@Luke: funny, but dangerous.

Have I accused anybody other than you of not scumhunting? Remember, this is RVS. The entire point is to accuse random people.

You, on the other hand, are either useless town or scum. Unvote, vote makeinu. I may unvote you if you begin actually doing stuff.

If we can't find anybody more suspicious, I say we lynch him. A mislynch is bad, but he's not doing much.
I wasn't trying to start a bandwagon, really. Well, kind of. I was saying that assuming he didn't start posting, he was probably the best person to lynch.

PPE: Double ninja'd!

Mm. You have a point with information for sure. I hate to sound swayed over such a small argument, but it's very concise and true.

Though I never heard EP use that phrase "Day ending"? Could you find that for me?

See above.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2013, 12:42:06 am »

Oops. This was what should've been at the start of the post.
???

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2013, 12:44:31 am »

You do have a point though. I get too into the game due to the last environment I was in; it was pretty rocky conversational terrain.

Lord, I've been in those. They can make you start to suspect yourself.

MakeInu:

Camel caps is too much fun, hope it doesn't bother you :P Anyway. Do you honestly believe that a D1 no lynch is best for the town?
 Either way, the town needs to lynch a mafia member on the second day.

That's not what I'm saying. A D1 no lynch carries a lot of risk for the town, but it's not an automatic benefit to the scum either.

A D1 mis-lynch is bad for the town and good for the scum. How bad for the town depends on the flip.

And you're right, in a small game like this, the D2 lynch has to be right to avoid MyLo.

CamelCase is fine, it just amuses me because you've caught naturally the break in the compound word that is my name.

((Also people seriously if you can, QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE. It's the most helpful thing you can do to boost your argument through context. PLEASE QUOTE. PSA over.))

Not always easy from all devices, but if that's the case, PFP. <-- semi-ninja'd

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2013, 12:45:27 am »

Puffer: It wasn't exactly 'Day ending' It was something along the lines of "I am fine with lynching Make as day is ending soon".

Tiruin:

I think the same link that will answer Puffer's question will answer yours...

PPE:

Elephant: For your second quote.... Isn't that what I am supposed to do? I take what they say, throw it at them, if more info comes out, use that, throw it at them, repeat... You seem to be dropping a lot of things that I can through at you...

(Best metaphor ever).
PPEE:

third quote for above^

First quote: It was a joke. I was saying that if you are going to start grouping people together, might as well start grouping everyone. Grouping really isn't evidence until later on, when you look back with more information.

PPEE:

LET ME POST. STOP IT! SERIOUSLY! Makeinu (Just Kidding btw:P)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2013, 12:49:45 am »

Just re going through, It was the quote that Elephant quoted Up there^^^ that I was looking for. Seems to me that I didn't interpret it correctly.

Puffer: I'm sorry I didn't answer your question, but my bombardment of posts should be enough right? :P

MakeInU: After this reread, I am very disappointed in your OMGUS. (For realz this time though)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19