Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 52071 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 02:27:11 am »

EP May I use these abbreviations? Thanks you muchly.
My current primary suspects are probably makeinu and Tiruin. These are probably going to change, though.
First of all: She.
Second of all: I can't see that {abbr} tag on this public computer and I've no idea why this doesn't make me see it except by quoting this post :< I like the way you joke, manling. I do not like how I noticed that only now given that I suspected your prioritization.
Meaning: ...You just added me for the humor, didn't you. Or perhaps poke at my formatting as my camouflage?
Interesting.

Puffinfish Your name really sounds nice when it sounds as Puffin. Teehee~
Tiruin: Ah, my mistake, I saw the words "effectively nightless" and my brain didn't catch the insta-night-kill bits. I was thinking this were to be a no-night play.

In lieu of that silly wanton waste of a question, here's one from last game. While I was vocal and Squill effectively lurked the whole game as scum, why did you pick me first and not the one who was constantly lurking, not adding anything to the debate?
Something to ponder on, that thought.
But here comes up another one. What do you mean by 'why'd you pick me first'? The vote? Oh, dear puff, I vote those at whim, and I withhold my vote at whim. It's more of a player aspect than an alignment aspect, if you're looking for clues on my playstyle.

PFP

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2013, 02:33:41 am »

But here comes up another one. What do you mean by 'why'd you pick me first'? The vote? Oh, dear puff, I vote those at whim, and I withhold my vote at whim. It's more of a player aspect than an alignment aspect, if you're looking for clues on my playstyle.

PFP

What I mean is why did you vote for the loud player who appeared to be wanting to get somewhere and not the lurker who was quietly shadowing the whole game?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2013, 02:34:20 am »

EP May I use these abbreviations? Thanks you muchly.
My current primary suspects are probably makeinu and Tiruin. These are probably going to change, though.
First of all: She.
Second of all: I can't see that {abbr} tag on this public computer and I've no idea why this doesn't make me see it except by quoting this post :< I like the way you joke, manling. I do not like how I noticed that only now given that I suspected your prioritization.
Meaning: ...You just added me for the humor, didn't you. Or perhaps poke at my formatting as my camouflage?
Interesting.

Tiruin: Ah, my mistake, I saw the words "effectively nightless" and my brain didn't catch the insta-night-kill bits. I was thinking this were to be a no-night play.

In lieu of that silly wanton waste of a question, here's one from last game. While I was vocal and Squill effectively lurked the whole game as scum, why did you pick me first and not the one who was constantly lurking, not adding anything to the debate?

PFP

Sorry about using "he" instead of "she."

As for why I picked you, it was mainly a joke, and I was interested in how you would respond.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2013, 02:47:19 am »

But it's much easier to try and lurk, isn't it? Rhetorical question.

Rhetorical, but I'll answer anyway, if you don't mind :D.

Easier, yes. Safer, probably not.

Real question: How does not being active help you find out who scum is?

It doesn't, but it gives me food for thought as the rest do their hunting.

LP: If you had the choice, what role would you most like to play, and why? Not in the context of this game, but in general.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2013, 02:52:47 am »

But it's much easier to try and lurk, isn't it? Rhetorical question.

Rhetorical, but I'll answer anyway, if you don't mind :D.

Easier, yes. Safer, probably not.

Real question: How does not being active help you find out who scum is?

It doesn't, but it gives me food for thought as the rest do their hunting.

LP: If you had the choice, what role would you most like to play, and why? Not in the context of this game, but in general.

You can obtain more knowledge by asking questions.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:09 am »

You can obtain more knowledge by asking questions.

There's a mental switch that needs to be thrown to transition from a game where private communications channels are authorized and used heavily (where I learned to play) and one where they're expressly forbidden.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 06:01:53 am »

Out of the corner of their eyes, the bones of the impossibull seem to the theocrats almost like worn pillars of a ruined temple. The realm is already beginning to forget that such a great and improbable beast once wallowed across the mabbling plains. But with two heretics still in their midst, the Rite of Revival can not yet take place.

The suns were almost at their highest point. By sundown they'd have to push someone out into the rain.

Vote Count
------------------------
Elephant Parade (1) -Persus 13,
Luke_Prowler -
makeinu (1) - Pufferfish
Persus13  -
Pufferfish (1) - Tiruin,
Superblackcat -
Tiruin -

Not Voting - makeinu, Elephant Parade, Luke_Prowler, Superblackcat

Day ends Friday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 28 hours.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:41:50 am by notquitethere »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00:15 am »

Superblackcat: Hasn't done a whole lot. Overly friendly, which is kind of suspicious. Might be scum, but might just be new.
Overly friendly isn't necessarily suspicious by itself as it can just be someone's playstyle.

HE'S HIDING HIS SCUMMINESS BEHIND FANCY FORMATTING. I'M 9001% SURE OF IT.
That's just Tiruin being Tiruin, although sometimes she can be unreadable.

Why are you asking Tiruin to vote the player you consider scummy?

Tiruin: Is there a reason behind you voting Puff?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:55 am »

I notice part of my post didn't go through..

PFP
> The vote was part of an RVS as I considered you as an able player--one who could take down and rationalize anyone else in a clear format. The person lurking--given this game context--I discarded as someone either busy due to RL or timezones. In truth, I..didn't check the profiles for lurking (..I mean, lurking D1? >_> Nice work guys. This is a BM and then you do such things?)
Who is that one lurking--how or what did he do, and why do you think he is a prospective target?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »

We have about 16 hours into the day ends. We need to decide what we're doing today and get out of RVS.

All right. unvote.

Makeinu:

How are you contributing at all to the scumhunt? You are only answering questions as they are directed to you, and trying shuffle off accusations. You aren't asking any questions at all. You're very suspicious to me.
To me this sounds very similar to ElephantParade's earlier attack on makeinu. Do you think he is scum because of little contribution?

Makeinu: What is your plan for finding scum?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »

makeinu: I'm particular to those roles that let the play scan another player at night for their role. Feel useful a night cycle without the risk of getting hoisted by your own power like with cop.

Also, you've been particularly quiet, Luke_Prowler. What devious plans do you hide...

@Pufferfish: Do you fear being eliminated? By either town or mafia.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2013, 06:21:05 pm »

To watch for inconsistencies in stories, in part.

Also, you've been particularly quiet, Luke_Prowler. What devious plans do you hide...

Why did you just vote for yourself? I don't see that as a quote anywhere on the thread.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2013, 06:29:29 pm »

To watch for inconsistencies in stories, in part.
How successful do you think that has been? Do you think anyone is scummy enough to warrant a lynch?
Sigtext

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 06:31:20 pm »

@Makeinu: lack of sleep and general whimsicalness

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 06:35:36 pm »

How successful do you think that has been? Do you think anyone is scummy enough to warrant a lynch?

Inconsistencies, no, not yet.

FoS @ ElephantParade (is that what the dark blue is used for here?). He seems overly eager to point fingers at others and accuse them of not scum-hunting. That could be a product of many things, but of all so far, he seems most suspicious to me.

@Luke: funny, but dangerous.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19