Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 52064 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2013, 12:52:24 am »

@Superblackcat: Your slightly broken grammar combined with lack of quotes is starting to make your posts a bit confusing. PLEASE use quotes, even if they only contain a part of the question asked.

Elephant: For your second quote.... Isn't that what I am supposed to do? I take what they say, throw it at them, if more info comes out, use that, throw it at them, repeat... You seem to be dropping a lot of things that I can through at you...

...What? That is... exactly what I said? As for trying to argue against your accusations, no duh.

LET ME POST. STOP IT! SERIOUSLY! Makeinu (Just Kidding btw:P)
Have you tried to scumhunt makeinu AT ALL? Doesn't seem like it, which is odd, especially since we're the top three posters. I've tried to bring arguments against active people, and possibly everyone, though I may have missed some people.

Ninja'd.

MakeInU: After this reread, I am very disappointed in your OMGUS. (For realz this time though)

OH COME ON.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:27 am »

MakeInU: After this reread, I am very disappointed in your OMGUS. (For realz this time though)

OH COME ON.

Uhh... What? Seems like you figured out your second quote, I think it's a "Yes I have". Frankly, you are much more scummy than he is.

@Superblackcat: Your slightly broken grammar combined with lack of quotes is starting to make your posts a bit confusing. PLEASE use quotes, even if they only contain a part of the question asked.

Elephant: For your second quote.... Isn't that what I am supposed to do? I take what they say, throw it at them, if more info comes out, use that, throw it at them, repeat... You seem to be dropping a lot of things that I can through at you...

...What? That is... exactly what I said? As for trying to argue against your accusations, no duh.
What I do blame you for is that you seemed to attack him and continue to attack him based off of accusations. I started this as a pressure vote, I did not reply to whether that was a pressure vote to.... pressure you obviously.

You keep attacking people until they let something slip or you run out of information.
I may have misunderstood this, but are you telling me I should be attacking people until they let something slip/run out of info, or should I not. I understood it as I should not, and I was very confused as that is exactly what I should be doing.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:16 am »

Uhh... What? Seems like you figured out your second quote, I think it's a "Yes I have". Frankly, you are much more scummy than he is.

At the time of typing up the thing about pressuring makeinu, you hadn't posted that. That was the reason for

Quote from: this,
OH COME ON.

as I was frustrated at wasting effort.

I may have misunderstood this, but are you telling me I should be attacking people until they let something slip/run out of info, or should I not. I understood it as I should not, and I was very confused as that is exactly what I should be doing.

You should be attacking people until you run out of info or time.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2013, 01:18:21 am »

Alright, so you are telling me to do what I am doing?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2013, 01:25:01 am »

SBC:

Wow. That was a lot of words. Not a lot of progress in those words. The bandwagon call was decried false. Can you tell me what other reasons you have voting for Elephant Parade?

Tiruin:
Puffin
Well if Makeinu's actions denote such, are you forwarding something focused on him or are you just calling out 'Hey Makeinu, you're lurking!'
Reality can intervene between posts, yet a post as shallow as this without further questions (ie What are your reads on people? // 'Something to give insight to this person') denote someone doing an action just for the sake of doing it.
Why do you compare targets and their priority to others as if its a valid case to base on?

This whole game is about prioritizing, isn't it? Who is the scummiest? Who is the most town? What can I do to separate them into, as much as possible, two groups? Then once you have a #1 scum pick, aren't you supposed to go after them, check your theories?

Right now, I will admit it is day 1. The only ones who know anything are the 2 mafioso. Not even the MachoCop(tm) knows anything. Five of us are in the dark while two people work in tandem to bring the group as a whole down.

My assurance on MakeInu is unstable, but it's the best I have to go from, from here.

Everyone:
Dusk approaches. May I require a summary of your cases against the person you're voting and their reasons why?

MakeInu started out very quiet, with very few questions before becoming quiet until drawn out by questioning. After being drawn out, only responded to the questioners, kind of aggressively, and has still asked few questions of those around him.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2013, 01:32:33 am »

Puffer:

Currently, it is his responses to my questions.

Also, don't be too hard on Makeinu, I was worse my first game in this environment.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2013, 01:34:14 am »

Puffer:

Also, don't be too hard on Makeinu, I was worse my first game in this environment.

You keep defending Makeinu. Poor scumbuddies, perhaps?

Also, be more specific. What is it about my responses, exactly?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2013, 01:38:49 am »

Everyone:
Dusk approaches. May I require a summary of your cases against the person you're voting and their reasons why?

Trying Too Hard To Appear Townie: There's no official name for this one, but being too concerned about your image; specifically avoiding things that might be seen as scumtells. The idea is that scum are very concerned about being found out, and so want to act nonscummy. Townies know they're not scum, so they're less concerned about LOOKING nonscummy and more concerned about finding scum.

Elephant Parade has engaged in constant haranguing about not scum-hunting enough, directed at numerous players here, but it (the haranguing) is inconsistent in it's application. At one moment, it's just "posting enough", at another it's arguments about how substantive the posts are.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2013, 01:40:00 am »

Everyone:

Trying Too Hard To Appear Townie: There's no official name for this one, but being too concerned about your image; specifically avoiding things that might be seen as scumtells. The idea is that scum are very concerned about being found out, and so want to act nonscummy. Townies know they're not scum, so they're less concerned about LOOKING nonscummy and more concerned about finding scum.

Elephant Parade has engaged in constant haranguing about not scum-hunting enough, directed at numerous players here, but it (the haranguing) is inconsistent in it's application. At one moment, it's just "posting enough", at another it's arguments about how substantive the posts are.

Both of those things are important.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2013, 01:40:55 am »

Uhh, I just gave you my reason for defending someone.

This is why I find buddying calls are of no use until later in the game. I believe it is not good to vote him, and it's suddenly buddying scum mafia.

This post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133901.msg4814874#msg4814874 (And one after for clarification of really bad grammar).

Also, please answer my question starting from here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133901.msg4814818#msg4814818

(the second one). There are about 3 questions in posts after that directed to you that you ignored.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2013, 01:58:33 am »

I am going to make this post short and concise in case all of you miss it, again.

Everyone: Summarize your cases against the ones you voted and preferably give the reasons why. The post-on-post dueling on trivial parts; nitpicking each others eyes out and other related immateria should be condensed into one point.

PFP

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2013, 02:02:15 am »

MakeInu:

My vote for you sticks because I believe to you be the most scum. You don't have to convince me you aren't scum. Please convince me someone else is more scum.

SBC:

Please, I need more information than just:

What about his responses are scummy? Also, can I ask why you're having so much trouble quoting? Is it just the platform you're on? This is an honest inquiry.

EP:

To be honest, SBC has a point about the info-lynch. But I want to lynch for scum, not for info.

But that buddying talk is nonsense. Usually when when one is actively buddying, it's scum-to-town to shade the town. And that's if it's active. It looked like I was buddying with you against MakeInu, when in reality we simply had formed the same case. Buddying doesn't mean a think, SBC's correct. How does your perception of buddying currently affect your train of thought?

Repost for Tiruin:

Tiruin:
Puffin
Well if Makeinu's actions denote such, are you forwarding something focused on him or are you just calling out 'Hey Makeinu, you're lurking!'
Reality can intervene between posts, yet a post as shallow as this without further questions (ie What are your reads on people? // 'Something to give insight to this person') denote someone doing an action just for the sake of doing it.
Why do you compare targets and their priority to others as if its a valid case to base on?

This whole game is about prioritizing, isn't it? Who is the scummiest? Who is the most town? What can I do to separate them into, as much as possible, two groups? Then once you have a #1 scum pick, aren't you supposed to go after them, check your theories?

Right now, I will admit it is day 1. The only ones who know anything are the 2 mafioso. Not even the MachoCop(tm) knows anything. Five of us are in the dark while two people work in tandem to bring the group as a whole down.

My assurance on MakeInu is unstable, but it's the best I have to go from, from here.

Everyone:

MakeInu started out very quiet, with very few questions before becoming quiet until drawn out by questioning. After being drawn out, only responded to the questioners, kind of aggressively, and has still asked few questions of those around him.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

I am going to make this post short and concise in case all of you miss it, again.

Everyone: Summarize your cases against the ones you voted and preferably give the reasons why. The post-on-post dueling on trivial parts; nitpicking each others eyes out and other related immateria should be condensed into one point.

PFP

@Pufferfish: If my reason for voting for Elephant Parade isn't enough to sway you that he's more scum, then I've got nothing else.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2013, 02:07:33 am »

I gave a link Puffer. I've really got nothing more, but at the same time, it's the most I've got for anyone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2013, 02:10:41 am »

SBC: He's using vague logic and tag-teaming me with makeinu. He's also not really attacking other people much, so no big loss if he flips town.

How does your perception of buddying currently affect your train of thought?
Not a whole lot, actually. If one of them turns out to be scum, then I'll assume the other to be scum.

Changing vote to makeinu, as he's my secondary suspect and I suspect won't have time to post before the end of the day. I really, really don't want this to be a tie. I'd rather be lynched myself.

Yes, this is kind of bandwagoning. I don't really have much else in the way of options, I'm afraid. However, we need to bug Luke.

PFP

@Pufferfish: If my reason for voting for Elephant Parade isn't enough to sway you that he's more scum, then I've got nothing else.

Vague and unhelpful. You're not contributing much of anything.

I gave a link Puffer. I've really got nothing more, but at the same time, it's the most I've got for anyone.

See, now people have to go and find what you're talking about.

Oh, wait. I do have an alternative. Extend.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19