Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 41949 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 5: The New Guy.
« Reply #330 on: January 13, 2014, 12:37:54 am »

I've decided on a spell. It's not much, but it works.
Heal.

Perfect. Would you like that in Cooldown or +1 Flavour? With Cooldown I'd have to put a limitation on just how much it heals, but with +1 you could possibly heal all wounds.

And maybe those of the people around you.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 13, 2014, 08:42:31 am »

What's the catch with +1?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 13, 2014, 09:41:11 am »

What's the catch with +1?
It has a chance of failing.
I'd go with +1, if I were you.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 13, 2014, 12:08:33 pm »

Ah. The Cooldown variant has no roll.

I'll go with +1.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2014, 02:21:47 pm »

Okay, Turn tonight. Or tomorrow night. Hopefully tonight. Also, since the poll about the boss was around Turn 2, and 5 Turns won, it'll come the turn after this next one.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2014, 04:51:27 pm »

I...
I don't want to ruin your childhood dreams or anything.
but when one day passes, "tomorrow night" automatically changes to "tonight". It doesn't keep defining itself as "just one more day" away without ever catching the target date.
sorry.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »

But Lenglon! It's only a day awaaay!
(Unless it isn't. :I)
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 7: Beginner's Luck
« Reply #337 on: January 21, 2014, 01:30:02 pm »

Respawn as far north as possible.
[3] You respawn north enough. And by North Enough it really means on the north pipe. But at least the slant of the pipe is sending you rolling north! Yaaay?

Yes respawn.
[5] You manage to respawn on top of the rock formation in the southwest. What a great vantage point!

Respawn.
[4 Vs. 6] You decide to pull a real sneak move, and respawn right behind 2Pac, swinging your shield at his head! Unfortunately, he ducks at the last minute, sending you toppling over him. You look back, watching him take a few shots at something, and promptly burst into flame! Maybe it's a good thing you didn't knock him out and stand right over him...

Move into gauss rifle range of the hunter girl.  Fire off a burst at her, try to stay in cover if possible.
[6+1 Vs. 1+5] Taking a peek out of your cover, you fire off a few shots at the schoolgirl, but as you duck back in, a slight yelp is all you really hear of how well you did with your shooting. Hopefully you at least did SOMETHING...

Vic ignores the crashing behind him, for the moment at least. "Tsk, tsk. Shame I had to do that to the little thing. Some toast would be divine right now..."
He notices the newcomer to the room and fires off a quick shot before... stepping back and dropping out the doorway to the ground below. Possibly even doing a flip or two before landing, as flair is pretty damned important.
[3 Vs. 6] You swing around and release shot into the dust, only for it to ricochet harmlessly out the doorway and probably kill a fern or something. It wasn't interesting so it doesn't count for points.

[3] Realizing you failed in your attempts to shot from the hip into a dust storm, you tumble out the doorway behind you, landing in a bit of a heap at the bottom, as you groan and get up, you realize that you might have hurt your shoulder. It's a bit sore, but you might be able to live with it...

[Injury Roll: 6]

Yep. It really doesn't feel that bad. Maybe even a bit better. Like you were fighting this whole time with a dislocated shoulder and the fall just fixed it. Either way, you're definitely ready to fight.

Is that more ice near me? Maybe I can become one with it...

Try and "join" with the icy humanoid thing... with the end goal of becoming a bigger icy humanoid thing
[6-1 Vs. 1] As the air around you gets colder, you attempt to leap off the ground in a spectacular feat of effort and oh fuck it who are we kidding, you attempt to magic your way towards the source of the cold.

Luckily, you manage to, somehow, morph with the source of the cold, which you now realize is some kind of...humanoid...thing. Well, now you can float, and have a form, so that's cool.

[Temp. Lost: 'Has No Weak Points']

[Temp. Gained: 'Icy Form': +1 to physical defence]

Shoot down GWG with my AK47.

New Spell: Dance Fever - Makes target stop what they're doing and dance uncontrollably.

[2+1 vs. 2-1] Crouching down, you hold up your gun, looking around for the dragon, only to find it HURTLING TOWARDS YOU HOLY SHIT FIRE FIRE NOW.

Your panic attack sends a few bullets into the dragon's eyes, but it only takes a moment for a burst of flame to come flying out of the gold beast's maw before everything goes hot, dark, and crisp, probably.

[RESPAWN]

Dive down at Tupac, absorbing the damage with my DR 20/magic and blasting him with fire!
[6 Vs. 1+2] Noticing some dude that probably looked at you funny or something down below, you decide to take some weird level of anger out on him, diving down at a remarkably slow speed. So slow, in fact, that he manages to shoot you in the eyes before you unleash enough firey rage to stop global warming in the way that nobody really wants.

Anyway, the son of a bitch dies. And you crash into the wall behind him. Whoops.

[GWG Gains 2 KP]

Get into sufficient cover and observe my surroundings.
[6] Seeing as the only other guy around just leaped out a window, the house seems to be pretty sufficient cover, really. There's still the pile of weaponry in the center, and the closet in the corner. Theres a cart and a few various computerish devices, but not much else. It'd be a nice base if you could board it up somehow. To get a good start, you push the cabinet over to the right entrance, blocking it, and the cart to the bottom stair opening. Nobody's getting in through those ways, that's for sure...

Continue to take advantage of my position. fire upon anyone that attacks me. if nobody attacks me then fire upon whomever I have the best shot at. I'd prefer to use the bow, but if they look like arrows can't hurt them effectively (see: elephant, giant blob of water, etc) then use my arm-cannon. If anyone looks to be prone to getting in meele with me, keep my distance from them, and if anyone attacks me with ranged weapons, dodge the attack.
Second verse, same as the first
[1] Crouching down and waiting for something interesting to happen, something interesting happens.

Your legs fall asleep.

You feel like a sitting duck.

A sitting duck with a fucking bow and arrow, albeit, but a sitting duck nonetheless. Even more so when a blast of energy flies into your face, knocking you off your little perch on the brown pipe!

You quickly tumble down the slanted logs, bumping your head enough times for you to let out a bit of a yelp, even though that's completely unlike you. When you finally read the bottom of the logs, your arm hurts significantly, and you wonder what's happened to it.

[Injury Roll: 1]

Fuck. Yep, your arms definitely broken. All of it. All of your goddamn arm is completely broken. Would've been simpler to just take it right off. Looking up, you see someone waving their hands wildly and humming some sort of tune. Nothing you've heard before, though. Maybe she could help you with that arm of yours.

[Temp. Lost: Left Arm Use]

Lacie smiled as her demon summoning was successful, next time she would try and summon up something really impressive.

Lacie sent out the fire demon to attack the ice field and the ice demon to hunt after the elephant. Lacie herself started to try and summon up a demon lord
[2+1+1-1] Demon Lord...Demon Lord...your rack your brain for how exactly to summon a Demon Lord, before remembering how to do it. And it's a doozy.

It'll probably take a little while with such a spotty memory, but you can definitely do it...

[Demon Lord Spawn Needing 1 More Turn of Summoning]

Meanwhile, the Ice Demon is no longer, and the Fire Demon is confused as to what sheet of ice his orders pertain to.

Quote from: Elephant
KILL LIGHT BLUE
[2 Vs. 4] You, being a rather large creature with a lot of weight behind it, believe that you can take on the icy being that has appeared before you with near no effort.

You are wrong, of course, and just go sliding by. For something with a lot of weight to, well, weigh it down, you're a surprisingly clumsy one...

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:35:16 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 21, 2014, 01:37:51 pm »

((The rules change works for me.))

Set fire to the central platform. Also, cast heal on that poor girl.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:38 pm »

Head towards the ice, my native element. Also, use my shield to block the toast.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:57:47 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2014, 01:42:56 pm »

((I advise against that, as shown by Derm's previous attempts at burning the building, and which girl? We have...two, maybe four, depending on whether the toaster is female or if the Marine is female))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »

((The Toaster is an outie, not an innie.  Mental image for you.))

Hmm.  Inefficient.  Let's try this again.

Shoot toast at the Canadian one.  He looks distracted.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »

((If the girl you're healing is me, then for the sake of your health and safety I suggest telling me what you're doing rather than just having a dragon swoop down upon me without warning. There's a pretty good chance that I'd assume I'm under attack in those circumstances.

now then, to figure out an excuse to learn what the timepiece does...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

Humanoid form felt... Slow. Vulnerable. Fleixble. How odd it must be to be a fixed shape at all times... Oh, look, fire. Ice on fire could have some interesting effects.

Slam into the fire demon as hard as possible, hopefully killing it and melting/evaporating in the process.
This is a blank sig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2014, 01:54:26 pm »

Call up a lightning storm above the cluster of three dots to my Northeast.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27