Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 41945 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 5: The New Guy.
« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:45 pm »

Hence the shapeshifting. And, hence mentioning no fewer than three times that my character was a dragon (the third was easy to miss, being right at the bottom in the middle of my explaining that I don't start with any items).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2014, 04:17:16 pm »

My points here are:

• That you entered as something that wasn't your avatar, but I let it slide.
  • That if you were to choose something like 'Miracle', then when activated, it would give the temporary ability to walk on water or turn it to wine.
  • That I severely doubt any decent shapeshifter would decide to turn into a letter of the alphabet.
  • That I don't know jack shit about Wyrm, Dragons, or D&D, so if you begin tossing shit around I'll end up ignoring it.
  • The you don't need to pick something specific to character. I advise you pick something like, say, 'Firestorm', allowing a pillar of fire to erupt between you and the ground from wherever you are.

Are we clear?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2014, 04:30:13 pm »

1. My avatar is a dragon, more often than...well, not more often than not, but more often than anything else.
2. Fair. (Although I'd argue for non-Christian miracles to be allowed, or at least miracles done by Christian figures other than Jesus.)
3. There are lots of reasons, but regardless, it's a bit unfair to make my character be a big golden D when nowhere on my character sheet does it suggest I am.
4. Fair. Although, to be fair to me, most of that stuff is basically just spice.
5a. I want to, though.
5bi. ...I can already breathe fire. Why would I pick something like that?
5bii. Wouldn't "Firestorm" be more like a rain of fire?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2014, 04:35:48 pm »

More often than not it's just not there.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2014, 08:00:47 pm »

Whatever we call it would be different from regular fire-breathing, as it's, again, a direct line of fire from you to the ground, burning anything in between.

And again, YOU'RE NOT A GOLD D.

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE A GOLD D.

I DID NOT CHANGE YOU INTO A GOLD D.

My point is that there is no way of knowing that that D is actually a dragon. You just pretty much said 'Oh yeah, it's a dragon.'

I'm saying that you made a character sheet more fitting for your username than your avatar. More often than not, your avatar is that D or a variation. So it would have been much more fitting to make your fighter a letter of the alphabet, about human-sized, that can change into any other letter to better fight/move/fit the situation.

In fact that's a good idea for a boss fight for Mall Fight...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2014, 11:11:35 pm »

Plus, your avatar isn't really a Giant Wyrm Gold Dragon. It's a gold 'D'. And has been for the duration of this game.
Given that my avatar is one of those that rotates, and that the rotation includes everything from golden D's to golden dragons to a couple Spore creations of mine (one of which was a yellow draconic creature), it's fair to assume that you meant my in-game avatar.

Besides, the golden D was supposed to be an ASCII gold dragon. Because dragons in everything from Nethack to Dwarf Fortress have been represented by capital D's. And, anyways, my avatar rotation includes golden dragons and such. Or it did, last I checked. It's certainly supposed to.
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 09, 2014, 11:13:33 pm »

Plus, your avatar isn't really a Giant Wyrm Gold Dragon. It's a gold 'D'. And has been for the duration of this game.
Given that my avatar is one of those that rotates, and that the rotation includes everything from golden D's to golden dragons to a couple Spore creations of mine (one of which was a yellow draconic creature), it's fair to assume that you meant my in-game avatar.

Besides, the golden D was supposed to be an ASCII gold dragon. Because dragons in everything from Nethack to Dwarf Fortress have been represented by capital D's. And, anyways, my avatar rotation includes golden dragons and such. Or it did, last I checked. It's certainly supposed to.
It includes a couple of golden dragons and a ton of blank spaces.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:53 am »

I have seen: Two three different Ds, one made out of the spine/wings of a dragon and the other just yellow, and one very fancy calligraphy D, and a wise-sage-faced dragon, and blank spaces. That's about it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:10:41 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2014, 03:31:22 am »

GWG, You've missed the point here. Just pick a special ability of yours that you want improved from the way the GM currently has you set up with.
You're trying to complain that someone who has clearly said they aren't willing to look up DnD material hasn't portrayed you accurately as a DnD Great Wyrm gold dragon in an Arena Game.
You know as well as everyone here that doing that accurately would be game-breaking, and the GM has been pretty explicit about not including DnD content in the game.
What you are being offered is an upgrade to how your stats are currently protrayed, so take it and pick something that you think should be reliable but currently isn't.
for example: your shapeshifting isn't reliable. shouldn't it be?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:05 am »

I have seen: Two three different Ds, one made out of the spine/wings of a dragon and the other just yellow, and one very fancy calligraphy D, and a wise-sage-faced dragon, and blank spaces. That's about it.

And a Gold & symbol.

GWG, You've missed the point here. Just pick a special ability of yours that you want improved from the way the GM currently has you set up with.
You're trying to complain that someone who has clearly said they aren't willing to look up DnD material hasn't portrayed you accurately as a DnD Great Wyrm gold dragon in an Arena Game.
You know as well as everyone here that doing that accurately would be game-breaking, and the GM has been pretty explicit about not including DnD content in the game.
What you are being offered is an upgrade to how your stats are currently protrayed, so take it and pick something that you think should be reliable but currently isn't.
for example: your shapeshifting isn't reliable. shouldn't it be?

The (wo?)man has a point. Making your Shapeshifting a Blue Ability instead of a Green one would give it a cooldown of, like, three turns, BUT it would be an auto-succeed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2014, 01:36:30 pm »

And, anyways, my avatar rotation includes golden dragons and such. Or it did, last I checked. It's certainly supposed to.
It includes a couple of golden dragons and a ton of blank spaces.
[/quote]
I've been meaning to fix those blank spaces...

I fully intend to once I've decided on what to take.

My complaints are more about the GM's complaints about my actions and whatnot, and my complaints about how he made me a giant golden D for some reason. Oh, and my complaints about him calling me lazy.

Making your Shapeshifting a Blue Ability instead of a Green one would give it a cooldown of, like, three turns, BUT it would be an auto-succeed.
Shapeshifting: Can take on the form of any animal, person, or inanimate object. Stats are unchanged by this.
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2014, 02:21:34 pm »

My complaints are more about the GM's complaints about my actions and whatnot, and my complaints about how he made me a giant golden D for some reason. Oh, and my complaints about him calling me lazy.

OH MY GOD.

I HAVEN'T COMPLAINED ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS.

YOU ARE NOT A GIANT GOLDEN D I NEVER AID YOU WERE SO SHOOSH.

AND I NEVER CALLED YOU LAZY.

ALSO SHIT. MY POINT WITH THE SKILL THING WAS THAT IF WE ADDED A COOLDOWN, I'D WIPE HAVING TO ROLL FOR IT.

BUT WHATEVER. JUST PICK A SPECIAL SPELL TO ADD YOU YOUR CHARACTER SHEET SO WE CAN MOVE ON.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:25 pm »

I've never seen blank spaces on GWG's avatar.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2014, 04:42:49 pm »

OH MY GOD.

I HAVEN'T COMPLAINED ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS.

YOU ARE NOT A GIANT GOLDEN D I NEVER AID YOU WERE SO SHOOSH.

AND I NEVER CALLED YOU LAZY.

ALSO SHIT. MY POINT WITH THE SKILL THING WAS THAT IF WE ADDED A COOLDOWN, I'D WIPE HAVING TO ROLL FOR IT.

BUT WHATEVER. JUST PICK A SPECIAL SPELL TO ADD YOU YOUR CHARACTER SHEET SO WE CAN MOVE ON.
You are denying things you have said, and that I have shown you have said. I'm sick of this. Do you have any idea how close this BS is to making me quit the game?
Sig

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:46 pm »

No offense, but I think both of you two should just kinda try to chill out. :P
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27