Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 10354 times)

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2013, 12:09:57 am »

Wait so even the supposed sealed tight fortress system is breached? Nien! This must not stand!

I can't wait for when you can send out a warparty of dwarves. We could with this feature start up another fort nearby, and make sound of the war drums!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:24 am »

Wait so even the supposed sealed tight fortress system is breached? Nien! This must not stand!

I can't wait for when you can send out a warparty of dwarves. We could with this feature start up another fort nearby, and make sound of the war drums!
We may HAVE to do a new embark, because the damn place is flooded with hundreds of undead, that even though I killed them, the FB just shot webs at us and ate us
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2013, 08:29:25 am »

Well... That sucked badly... I'll toss the save up soon, but I don't know how salvageable this will be... I hit unpause and WHAM! FB eats my face with like 10 ambush parties of undead...

What madness have you people committed!?

Maybe you should bring some logs with you, build a quick palisade around your wagon, and just tunnel your way into the fort.
Are you crazy!? It's dangerous in there! I was going to weave AROUND it, but I did that with a mason, but... Well... Didn't work to well...

Build a new fort and flood the old one with Magma?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2013, 09:33:04 am »

Well... That sucked badly... I'll toss the save up soon, but I don't know how salvageable this will be... I hit unpause and WHAM! FB eats my face with like 10 ambush parties of undead...

What madness have you people committed!?

Maybe you should bring some logs with you, build a quick palisade around your wagon, and just tunnel your way into the fort.
Are you crazy!? It's dangerous in there! I was going to weave AROUND it, but I did that with a mason, but... Well... Didn't work to well...

Build a new fort and flood the old one with Magma?
As they say in 40k...

PURGE THE MUTATION!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 09:36:20 am »

4maskwolf cancels play dwarf fortress: cannot find save
4maskwolf cancels find save: previous overseer may still be playing

Are we embarking somewhere else or no?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »

Well, I vote for elsewhere. All in favor?

I'll hut the save off after I finish uploading it (as we speak) and someone will start the embark. I think MDF will take it again and start the chaos?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »

Mind if I sign up?  Just watching this thread has been an entertaining experience!
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 06:26:28 pm »

Aren't I up next?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 08:18:14 pm »

Aren't I up next?
You want to do it? Here:

You go ahead. I swear though, I'm glad we don't have to deal with 1000 undead breaking us down as we begin...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:36 pm »

Are we choosing a new site?  I want majority ruling on this.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »

Well, I vote for elsewhere. All in favor?

I'll hut the save off after I finish uploading it (as we speak) and someone will start the embark. I think MDF will take it again and start the chaos?

I also vote in favour, on the grounds that I chose the absolute worst place to embark ever. No iron, constant necromancy...
But no, I won`t go first this time, I`ve already got a community for on the go and I don`t want to hold up the carnage. Besides, I got the only actually playable save the first time `round. The zombie ettin was my fault, remember?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013, 10:03:13 pm »

Alright, embarking in a terrifying biome with an aquifer, an ocean, and a river.  No nearby towers, but hopeful reanimation from the biome itself.  Though I'm not going to put it to the test. Nevermind, had a lot of iron and coal, finding somewhere else to embark.  As much as I liked that sight, it was frozen most of the year.  Boring.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:06:57 pm by 4maskwolf »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2013, 10:09:54 pm »

Alright, embarking in a terrifying biome with an aquifer, an ocean, and a river.  No nearby towers, but hopeful reanimation from the biome itself.  Though I'm not going to put it to the test. Nevermind, had a lot of iron and coal, finding somewhere else to embark.  As much as I liked that sight, it was frozen most of the year.  Boring.

The iron and the coal ;-;
Although I suppose we need the challenge. Quite a few players can just keep a fort going unto fps death if they really want to. I mean I managed to keep a fort alive for 7 years so far simply by turtling with a pit full of water and a bunch of spiked wooden balls.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2013, 10:12:27 pm »

Good god! Rename this place "Necrochambers: Dwarf Fortress Hardmode!"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:31 pm »

Yeah, I'm embarking on an ocean with an aquifer next to a necro tower.  And I'm not mining iron as a personal challenge.

Dwarf fortress:  hit me with your best shot!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10