Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 10332 times)

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:38:18 pm »

NecroChambers
A Masterwork Fortress

Welcome friends and family! The remake is here and we can continue the fight to make this cursed place somewhat habitable.

Rules
As to quote from MD
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1:You cannot turtle for a year straight
Now the style you present the updates can vary, you don't need to break out the several hour engorging strain of effort I have done recently its up to you!

But atleast include pictures and a semi-coherent report and I'll be happy!

Players
(open)

1.MDFification:page22.Brewster:page33.BlackMuffin:page4-55.Geallen:page6-84.Peregarret:page1-4
5.Highmax:Page5-6
6.4maskwolf:Page8-9
7.WoobMonkey:Page7-9
8.Nerdfighter_619(pending)
8.BlackMuffin
9.Geallen

Quotes

"Usually a game goes at least one turn before everything goes to hell. By definition, this type of game must go to hell in every turn."- Urist McKiwi

"Seriously, you have not SEEN the amount of bullshit that's just strewn about here. It's so fucking toxic I could die, and speaking of dying there's at least twenty corpses lying in and around and inside the fortress. With only 7 dwarves here I can't just pick all this shit up and my OCD is making it so I can hardly even go one minute without puking by looking at all this shit that's not anywhere close to any stockpiles." -BlackMuffin

"I think we should probably rename this thread to "Necrochambers - an endless series of incredibly short bloodbaths"."- Urist McKiwi

"This is all getting really spooky; Necrochambers might be the nastiest and creepiest succession fortress to have ever graced a forum."-BlackMuffin

"Necrochambers is shaping up to be the disaster of Boleteria(Demon Souls). Instead of a gray fog, its a cloud of miasma encroaching the world!"-Geallen
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:34:46 pm by Geallen »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:55 pm »

Now let us continue the carnage once more! I hope when it comes to my turn, I can make a small fortress of nothing but mason-warriors. They'll make a small hut and one miner will dig down, and he'll just dig, and the other 6 will just decimate anything that comes near them.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:50:50 pm »

Hehe, I was so sad when I had the last bouts of FUN! I was planning on making a link to the outside world on the border of the map so wagons could come in. The best part about it is I would've tunneled from underground collapsed a moat and start building a wall for my archers to piss on the zombies! Let the madness Ensue!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 11:02:23 pm »

I may just take a squad of 5 marksdwarves, one miner and one mason and have them gun down anything that shows up

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:15:37 pm »

Will start today after my work.
How have it died last time? What should I be prepared to - a siege, forgotten beasts or something?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »

Will start today after my work.
How have it died last time? What should I be prepared to - a siege, forgotten beasts or something?
Starvation I think it was?

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

It was starvation/dehydration of 22 dwarves from melancholy. Yea it was that bad, they didn't go berserk instead they went EMO.

From what I remember, best to use an airlock to get trade and migrants. Last time I didn't make a meeting hall zone in the airlock so I had to fully open, baaddddd. Basicly find yourself a place to hole in(my fortress is safe, no zombies or necros) and bring looooots of food. Its not that its hard to get food/seed, its that you get 25 migrants off the bat since its reclaim. Also there should be 3 pickaxes in that fortress somewhere, so you'll only need to bring one pickaxe.

PS(also there is a forge too, so don't waste anything on an anvil!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:24:20 pm by Geallen »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:31:40 pm »

I'm not going anywhere out there once I get there. Expect a militaristic dwarf for my turn to narrate

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 11:36:30 pm »

Yea, I think I'm a bit too enthusiastic about helping others succeed. Brand with fire! Rekindle my Dworfy balls of brass!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 01:37:05 am »

Ah, the sweet, cloying attar of the halls of the damned...  The soothing, rhythmic buzz of the blowfly's wings...  The endless masquerade of the dead, shuffling and dancing their way to new atrocities...

I want to visit Necrochambers.  May I?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 03:08:21 am »

Downloaded the save, and looking into legends.
We have 8 dwarven civilizations here and 4 of them already tried to reclaim the NecroChambers:
Necrochambers is a Mountain Halls
Owner History:
  • The Construct of Artifices of The Vestibule of Teachers, founded Necrochambers in 61 and abandoned in 64
  • The Balanced Mechanisms of The Aqua Helms, reclaimed Necrochambers in 65 and withered in 65
  • The Nightmare of Maggots of The Glacial Pulley, reclaimed Necrochambers in 66 and abandoned in 66
  • The Artifice of Crows of The Cloister of Controllers, reclaimed Necrochambers in 67 and destroyed in 68 by The Labors of Legend
Populations:
  • 2 Dwarf Outcasts
  • 2 Human Outcasts
  • 1 Reindeer Outcasts
  • 1 Elf Outcasts
  • 1 Horse Outcasts

Destroyed by The Labors of Legend? Huh, you said everyone died from starvation... who's that The Labors of Legend anyway?
The Labors of Legend is a group of dwarves
Populations:
  • 90 Animated Humans
  • 41 Animated Elves
  • 20 Animated Goblins
  • 8 Animated Dwarves
  • 5 Elves
  • 2 Humans
  • 1 Goblins
  • 1 Dwarves
In 68, late summer, The Labors of Legend attacked The Artifice of Crows of The Cloister of Controllers  at Necrochambers. . In The Attack of Growling as part of The War of Boring.
In 68, late winter, The Labors of Legend defeated The Artifice of Crows of The Cloister of Controllers  and destroyed Necrochambers. In The Attack of Growling as part of The War of Boring.
Oh, they are necromancers! Well.. I need crossbows to put them down.
Let's see what's The Attack Of Growling was about...
In 68, late summer, The Attack of Growling occured as part of The War of Boring waged by The Labors of Legend on The Artifice of Crows of The Cloister of Controllers  at Necrochambers.
Event Log
In 68, late summer, The Labors of Legend attacked The Artifice of Crows of The Cloister of Controllers  at Necrochambers. . In The Attack of Growling as part of The War of Boring.
In 68, late summer, the goblin Zolak Buddevil was struck down by the zombie human Narrowrhyme in Necrochambers.
In 68, late summer, the zombie human Narrowrhyme collapsed, struck down by the goblin Bosa Evilshamed with a sliver war hammer in Necrochambers.
In 68, late summer, the kobold Stufrikus was struck down by the zombie human Jeweltrammel in Necrochambers.
In 68, late summer, the goblin Nako Jackalfilled was struck down by the zombie human Dulledchucks in Necrochambers.
In 68, early autumn, the zombie human Dulledchucks collapsed, struck down by the dwarf Litast Goldsandaled with a copper bolt in Necrochambers.
In 68, early autumn, the dwarf Litast Goldsandaled was struck down by the zombie elf Slicktouches in Necrochambers.
In 68, early winter, the zombie human Narrowrhyme collapsed, struck down by the yak Brushedwealths in Necrochambers.
In 68, late winter, The Labors of Legend defeated The Artifice of Crows of The Cloister of Controllers  and destroyed Necrochambers.
What a hell.  We had goblins, kobold and yak fighting on our side.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 05:08:07 am »

When this is all over, no doubt the legend of this place will truly be compounded into a diamond(Philosopher's stone anyone?) by then from all the death and misery.

WoobMonkey I'll add you, got here just in time. We won't be accepting for awhile now it seems.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 06:42:42 am »

More on the legends.

The North Corridors is a civlization of dwarves
Kings:
  the dwarf Catten Gembristles (1 - 55)

Worships:
  the dwarf deity Asiz (jewels, minerals, metals, fire, sun, sky)
  the marmot hoary deity Raz the Frenzy of Shields (mountains, volcanos, fortresses, war, chaos)
  the dwarf deity Nekol (death)
  the dwarf deity Dural the Delightful Charity of Courtesies (revelry)
  the dwarf deity Kesh (fishing, hunting)
  the dwarf deity Lenod the Lark of Hooves (trees, rain, fertility, agriculture, food)
  the dwarf deity Onul Hoodmist (mist)
  the dwarf deity Otik Vulturestyled (art, disease)
  the dwarf deity Romlam Dreamedoceans (trickery, lies, salt)

Populations:
  1389 Dwarves
Uh. What happened with the king?
Catten Gembristles was a female dwarf born in -78 and died in 55 (Struck) by the dwarf Thob Pageboots.
Caste: Female
Type: Standard
Positions:
  King of The North Corridors  (1 - 55)

Related Historical Figures:
  the marmot hoary deity Raz the Frenzy of Shields, Deity (47%)

Oh, that's she, and she's the queen. Killed by a dwarf? Why?

Hmm. The Queen that turned into werebeast and rampaged sites. That beast didn't do too much damage, though, and got killed by wandering axedwarf Thob Pageboots.
But that's funny, The North Corridors did fine without king! Since 55 they founded three new outposts.
And I guess it's time for them to claim Necrochambers! By the blessing of Raz the Frenzy of Shileds, the holy hoary marmot!!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:51:36 am by peregarrett »

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 07:15:55 am »

Funny thing, the ghostly mason Roshev made one or two statues of Thob! Good luck. I'll be checking later in the day for this!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 12:52:03 pm »

And the last question before I start. Am I allowed to retry if (when) first attempt fails in a few seconds after embark?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10