Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 10343 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 03:04:07 pm »

As you suggest I wanted to lower their numbers and sent them to hunt that vomit beast. But the beast disappeared somewhere.

But we found group of cave fish men... with their food supplies! Attack! For the mole dog sausages!!!

Ok, we got some food, but that's not too much. Where's that beast, anyway? Oh, look, goblin pedophiles! Attack!

Oh, here come elven traders. They have plants and drinks, so everything is gonna be ok! Go gather stuff to sell.
Waht you mean "we're leaving"? We haven't started trading yet! Ah, screw them. Attack!!!
And aother group of migrants have made to this place. We're 85 now and can elect a mayor. And the winner is... Doren Boredlashes, our mason, with his own small herd of ducks!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 03:45:33 pm »

OH ARMOK, THEY'RE TAKING OVER!!!

Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »

If I recall, on a many a different of occasion. The duck army's were used as tools to colonize hell(due to their unnatural devil given dodge skill). The same tactic could possibly be used to distract the zombies at some point, if you manage to get a few hundred ducks that is :D.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2013, 01:18:04 am »

No, not again!

Shit. that swarm of undeads rushed into out halls and killed all military that we have. We're retreating back to the temple hals. Our number is down to 63. We got to revenge!
Look, necromancers revealed themselves! On locked himself at the old storage room, while the other...

That's the most dumb necromancer that I've ever seen.

While we're developing plans of counter attack, a beekeeper made this

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:51:09 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 07:48:37 am »

Wow spoooky. First my shambling corpse, then a statuett of Dwarves ripping into each other from my old fortress.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2013, 01:35:39 am »

That's morbidly horrifying... That's like when I found out that a character in my D&D group was a necropheliac (his character, not him). Anyway, good luck! Maybe if you kill her, you'll end the siege of undead?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2013, 05:24:37 am »

Short update.
I decided to deal with undeads not by military, but by clever enginery. That is, a narrow passage filled with traps then either kill enemies or make them dodge into the chasm.
Miners were digging cat-walk chasm, while carpenter was making woden spiked balls. But accidentally miners broke into old mine shaft, and undeads slowly rushed into. The disaster is about to come, and I recruited most of useless peasant and sent them on a clever tactically chosen position where they could hold them quite good.
But.
As there appeared a way from temple to old barraks where all out milita died, unarmed unarmored fresh recruits run for picking up the equipment. Nobody cares that we had some of it on our stockpile, nobody cared that there's a burrow that restricts them to temple zone, they just ran for their weapons into undead horde. And when they met them, they tried to kick and wrestle them.
At least they hold their approach long ago so a mason plumbed the hole with hearby boulder, leting half-died, half unjured-recruits to their fate. Stupidness deserves punishment, and meanwhile miners go on with cat-walk trap.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2013, 03:32:46 pm »

Wow... I swear, dwarves are stupid when they want to grab things...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, 03:38:22 pm »

We got migrants, and most of them successfully made into the airlock. Because they had a hunter with them who cleaned the way. Good.

Mayor who've had enough cries of unhappy citizens kills a militia commander in tantrum. Huh.

And goblin ambush was discovered by undeads. Good luck, greenies!

And from the other side comes dwarven caravan. Well... we can't help you, we're locked down.
Ok, goblins won. They killed traders and liaison.

But our trap-walk is close to finish!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2013, 08:40:33 pm »

Huzzah, let the item farming ensue!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2013, 11:53:41 am »

We've retaken the fort back. With a cost of whole archers squad.
Oh, the details...
First, we made a trap-walk, half-filled with wooden spiked ball traps, and the other half is falling boulders. We have no wood here.
So, when it was completed, a cautiuos miner dug a hole leading into the fort. And what? Nothing! Undeads didn't notice. So, I locked it back (taught by previous attempt when naked recruits rushed for equipment) and stationed archers next to exit. Everyone got his weapon and bolts, and I opened the door and let them out. I was thinking they would just kill some of undeads and retreat, but...
I imagine they had this conversation somewhere in the middle:
Urist McCommander: - Everyone ready? Got equipment? Ammo? That's just offensive reconnaissance, we move in, kill as many as we meet and then retreat back. Any question?
Momuz McArcher - Sir! I heard there was equipment left from previous squad. They say it was much better than ours. What if we take those crossbows first and then do the fight?
Urist: - Sounds reasonable. Go ahead.
Momuz: Drops his crossbow and runs blindly into the hole, followed by his companions, and mets a group of undeads at the corner.

So, the whole squad was killed, but finally the undeads found the trap way into our fort and followed it. We're victorious!
At least, for now. But anyway, we have to deal with goblins and undeadsthat are left outside.
Screw them. A group of migrants made into airlock killing the undead fauna with their hunters' crossbows. But ocassionally one of them got crushed by airlock bridge. Unfortunate accident.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2013, 12:57:21 pm »

Well to prevent them rushing in like that can't you just manually forbid the items(this may be a pain, even nigh impossible depending upon the situation)? Silly Dwarves and their curse of avarice!

Other than that, things are looking up for you, you may even be able to live the longest!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:02:21 pm by Geallen »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

Yes, that would worked. But I was lazy.

We have an artifact bed and artifact copper spear! both with legendary creators. And we almost done with magma forges and huge beautiful crypt.

Oh, and kobold ambush. An unlucky peasant is killed, a hammerwarf is wounded, a few kobolds escaped, but others are dead. And one kobold is captured in the cage, which is fairly unusual for them.

All peasantsthat have no moodable skills were given armorsmith job, just to raise chances of armorsmithing fey mood.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:23:14 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 02:08:44 am »

More news.
We got goblin siege here. With clever planning and some luck we killed one squad of macemen (actually, we locked airlock just in time when the squad was inside, and then shot them from the top and finished injureds with melee force). Others are on the line.

Magma works are done, and most of useless peasants make a couple of gauntlets of boots, just do get armorsmith to dabbling. But the mood have striken a bonecarver who amde cave fish man bone cage. I quickly installed it in the driniking hall, and did some work to capture that dwarven necromancer who's been locked at the old hall. Now we have an artifact cage with mage inside surrounded with barrels of booze and prepared food, and some others captured guests at the corners. I think dwarves should be happy, though I think we should kill and bury captured undead dwarves. Yes, The Arena is what we need!

We had an accidents with magma dump. Sometimes when you dump stuff there it splashes with magma mist, and we have three dwarves burned to ashes. First is a miner, second is a mayor who will never really care about because he've just demanded an adamantine cabinet in his room, and the last is our legendary engraver who's the real bitter loss. We left no engravers here, so will have to raise one from unskilled peasant. At least he engraved Crypt and Necromant Zoo before death.
The crypt is slowly filled with coffins, we finally get to our guys who died here and was resting at graveyard stockpile. At last. And the Temple is half-filled with slabs (that used to be masterfully engraved and now it's real drop in quality! Go smooth every hall we have.)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 04:32:46 pm »

Do you want to know how Necrochamber havefallen, on the fourth time?
The undeads. And goblins. And the stockpiles. Yes, stockpiles. Too much of order can kill you for sure.
So, that was the last month of summer, Galena, of year 72. Morul Oshurendok, the legend among weaponsmiths was almost done with her project - 30 items of every weapon, sharp ones of bronze andblunt ones of silver. And other peasants were gathering pieces of armor left from goblin siege - oh that was a funny story, the tarantula-like titan came, then goblins  layed a siege, they killed the tarantula, and then necromancers in disguise started to raise corpses lying here and there, and undeads pushed goblins away, and then we captured and killed undeads.
So. After that we had quite a lot of armor pieces all over the surface and I wantedto collect them. So, I made two stockpiles next to the entrance, weapon and armor ones. And reclaimed bins scattered around, to use them for storage.
And then, most of the fortress runs for bins and stuff to bring it into stockpile. Good. And here comes human caravan, and I opened the airlock for them and for our traders. Everything seemed fine for now.
Then we got a goblin ambush. Just a ten or so swordsmen, not a big deal. I stationed my squads behind the old gate and waited while they get into and fall by our masterwork weapons!
And then a scream - Deads walk! Hide while you still can!
Yes, we were going to lock down and think how to deal with undead menace. But. Since everyone was busy with stocking stuff, no one pulled levers in time. The swarm of undeads flooded the Temple of Artifice Of Crows, and there comes a couple of necromancers under disguise, who made the whole situation hopeless. Every undead we managed to kill they raised again, and every dwarf we lost they brought back to the unholy life also.

The desperate dwarves ran for their life into wilderness, locking the gates behind them, swearing never ever return there.

So, when next player reclaims this forsaken place, he'll be greet by ~150 undeads and at least three necromancers (counting that one who's in the cage).
All gates are locked, so most of items will remain inside.
Good luck, save will be in minutes.

Here it is
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8163
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:37:10 pm by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10