Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 10336 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »

Yeah, I'm embarking on an ocean with an aquifer next to a necro tower.  And I'm not mining iron as a personal challenge.

Dwarf fortress:  hit me with your best shot!

The Forgotten Beast Cthulu has come! A humanoid octopus with piercing red eyes! Beware his deadly bite!

Waiting for this to happen to you
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 10:56:48 pm »

Alright, embarking in a terrifying biome with an aquifer, an ocean, and a river.  No nearby towers, but hopeful reanimation from the biome itself.  Though I'm not going to put it to the test. Nevermind, had a lot of iron and coal, finding somewhere else to embark.  As much as I liked that sight, it was frozen most of the year.  Boring.
Good god! Rename this place "Necrochambers: Dwarf Fortress Hardmode!"

Necrochambers already was Dwarf Fortress: Masochism Mode. Since you know, everything must go to hell once a turn by definition.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2013, 11:00:36 pm »

Alright, embarking in a terrifying biome with an aquifer, an ocean, and a river.  No nearby towers, but hopeful reanimation from the biome itself.  Though I'm not going to put it to the test. Nevermind, had a lot of iron and coal, finding somewhere else to embark.  As much as I liked that sight, it was frozen most of the year.  Boring.
Good god! Rename this place "Necrochambers: Dwarf Fortress Hardmode!"

Necrochambers already was Dwarf Fortress: Masochism Mode. Since you know, everything must go to hell once a turn by definition.
Its ridiculous!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »

Okay, is it usual that the lowest aquifer level doesn't drain those above it properly?  I'm doing the double slit method but the first level won't drain into the second.  This happened to me in another fort where the second didn't drain into the third.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2013, 02:26:53 am »

FUnny thing I found after messing around in the arena, Bronze mail is better than iron mail for whatever reason.

Anyways good luck! Yea the original Necrochambers is now just hell on earth, no way to live there for even a year anymore! Especially if both fortresses are breached.

I can only imagine now that the entirety of the Dwarven kingdoms came together to flute the largest glass dome ever over Necrochambers. Then poured lava over the dome until it crumbled completely covering the cursed place. The place will probably be left alone for awhile until humans come around, then they'll notice a strange thumping noise coming from the ground as the undead try to break from the internment donned on them by the Dwarven race.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:30:55 am by Geallen »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2013, 08:13:13 am »

Next Necrochambers should NOT have Tower in neighborhood, neigher evil enviroment.
I think something like a savage glacier, or desert, or swamp. Let's die to forgotten beasts or invaders... Maybe we should mod in a few more enemy races - Fortress Defence mod for example.

EDIT: Or even Masterwork with most of features turned on? Never played MW before.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:15:38 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2013, 08:44:43 am »

I wouldn't  be adverse to playing a Civ Forge game - that's mostly just more races and more sieges, with some extra weapons thrown in for good luck.
On the other hand, though, if it's not zombies, what will it be? Deady dust everywhere? Someone actually surviving long enough to breach hell?

I mean we can't let the undead horde inside and outside our fort just continue to grow indefinately. Zombie sieges are still fun though. Maybe use dfhack to slayrace all the zombies on the map upon reclaim?

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2013, 08:49:37 am »

I would be up for Masterwork, didn't get to try out too much. But from what I gleaned on the feature and guides, guns, religions, you name it. Plus more fun brought on by sieges!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2013, 09:01:39 am »

I wouldn't  be adverse to playing a Civ Forge game - that's mostly just more races and more sieges, with some extra weapons thrown in for good luck.
On the other hand, though, if it's not zombies, what will it be? Deady dust everywhere? Someone actually surviving long enough to breach hell?

I mean we can't let the undead horde inside and outside our fort just continue to grow indefinately. Zombie sieges are still fun though. Maybe use dfhack to slayrace all the zombies on the map upon reclaim?
We can add the rule of not tutling in for more than year.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:11 am »

I think that the included races should be Fortress Defense with all races added; nothing is more terrifying then a siege of Jotun coming down to kick your ass

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2013, 05:32:51 pm »

Well when 4mask announces he has begun playing, and will follow the rules(no turtling for a year straight, also using all the sieging races is debatable at this point even though I would like to see it) I'll post the changes up in the description, personally cannot wait to start playing the save myself in my spare time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2013, 06:48:35 pm »

Alright, I'm going to go with Highmax's suggestion as to the races used, I'll start once I gen a world on a better computer.  Do you all want to have a save at embark posted to mess around with while I do my turn?

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »

Its up to you, we really don't need it though. Just concentrate on having FUN!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2013, 08:23:24 pm »

Or !!FUN!!

edit:  oh, and there's a special !!SURPRISE!! entity in the game.  If you know what it is (from seeing me mention it like 15 bazillion times on other threads) don't tell, so that others can be surprised.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:25:15 pm by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:47 pm »

Okay, I'm getting a weird bug when I try to gen a world.  I'm using fort defense, but every world I generate has no dwarfs and has me play as gremlins.  Is this intended in fort defense?  I went to the raws and dwarfs are still the only race with the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10