Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 10331 times)

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:46 pm »

Get Masterwork Dwarf Fortress. Tower defense is a submod option on the launcher. There is also specific instructions and troubleshooting on the thread to help you.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2013, 11:44:55 pm »

Get Masterwork Dwarf Fortress. Tower defense is a submod option on the launcher. There is also specific instructions and troubleshooting on the thread to help you.
Tower defence isn't fortress defence?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2013, 04:43:09 am »

Okay, I'm getting a weird bug when I try to gen a world.  I'm using fort defense, but every world I generate has no dwarfs and has me play as gremlins.  Is this intended in fort defense?  I went to the raws and dwarfs are still the only race with the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.
Let's play as gremlins then, LOL!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2013, 08:04:52 am »

Okay, I'm getting a weird bug when I try to gen a world.  I'm using fort defense, but every world I generate has no dwarfs and has me play as gremlins.  Is this intended in fort defense?  I went to the raws and dwarfs are still the only race with the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.
Let's play as gremlins then, LOL!

Everything but Gremlins are extinct?
The worlds you genned must be incredibly awesome. Gremlin fort?

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2013, 06:07:21 pm »

I don't know 4masks exact situation, but you can as select your race from the Masterwork launcher, it is intuitive enough for what it does.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2013, 07:31:22 pm »

I know that.  I have a masterwork fort genned, but if people prefer to go with the gremlins I'm all for it.

Edit:  Nope, masterwork it is, because while I can't figure out what is causing this issue, my dwarf fortress files appear to be messed up in some way.  I embark as gremlins, but they can't be given tasks, as "pets" and for some reason a fire started immediately upon embark.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:47:45 pm by 4maskwolf »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:48 pm »

I think armok is trying to say something to us here...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2013, 10:02:03 pm »

Pretty much.  I'm currently running the fort in masterwork and have lost like 15 dwarfs in the first two years.  On the bright side, no turtling.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2013, 09:19:31 am »

I know that.  I have a masterwork fort genned, but if people prefer to go with the gremlins I'm all for it.

Edit:  Nope, masterwork it is, because while I can't figure out what is causing this issue, my dwarf fortress files appear to be messed up in some way.  I embark as gremlins, but they can't be given tasks, as "pets" and for some reason a fire started immediately upon embark.

That'd be because despite being the only sentient race around, gremlins still aren't [civ_controllable]. I don't know if they have a civ entity in Masterwork, but if they do it doesn't permit the reactions to do anything.
You could just copy-paste the dwarf civ in the raws, change the race to Gremlins, and generate a new world. That should fix it, and the game should be functionally identical.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2013, 10:10:01 am »

It's fine, I'm already two years into the masterwork fort.  It's caused by a glitch somewhere in the raws of my dwarf fortress, because removing fort defense changes nothing.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:16 pm »

Alright. So, in between updates, y'all think we  should compile the amazing quotes of the Necrochambers threads?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2013, 06:20:38 pm »

I'm going to post an update from the mountainhome's perspective of the first four years of the fort. Soon. As soon as I get on a proper computer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2013, 08:16:40 pm »

It... just... won't... die!

I'm serious, I have been doing everything I can to kill this damn thing for the past two years, and NOTHING WORKS!!!

I can't trigger a tantrum spiral, I can't get all of the dwarfs killed, and I don't feel like outright cheating and making them stop getting food or something.

Alright, here's an update for you all:

From the diary of the caravan master Urist
Year one, arrival at Necrochambers:
We have arrived at the newest fortress of the mountainhomes!  We came bearing massive amounts of supplies, which they gratefully traded away many fine crafts for.  While all the crafts were stone, they spoke proudly of the massive wealth in the depths, veins of gold and iron ore, yet untapped.  They lead me down to the mines and showed me the gleaming nuggets they had extracted from the rock.  In a few years time, this fortress will become rich, it seems.  I have high hopes for next year.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2013, 08:52:23 pm »

It... just... won't... die!

I'm serious, I have been doing everything I can to kill this damn thing for the past two years, and NOTHING WORKS!!!

I can't trigger a tantrum spiral, I can't get all of the dwarfs killed, and I don't feel like outright cheating and making them stop getting food or something.

Alright, here's an update for you all:

From the diary of the caravan master Urist
Year one, arrival at Necrochambers:
We have arrived at the newest fortress of the mountainhomes!  We came bearing massive amounts of supplies, which they gratefully traded away many fine crafts for.  While all the crafts were stone, they spoke proudly of the massive wealth in the depths, veins of gold and iron ore, yet untapped.  They lead me down to the mines and showed me the gleaming nuggets they had extracted from the rock.  In a few years time, this fortress will become rich, it seems.  I have high hopes for next year.

If you can't kill 'em, breach hell. Try to win, though; seal off the rest of the fort, stop the demons from getting past the cavern layers, and send a huge military at them. Worst case scenario: You lose, and tantrum spiral. Best case scenario; you win, start building a hell colony, and have a tantrum spiral triggered by attrition rates building the hell colony.
You must do it, 4maskwolf. Do it for all dwarfkind.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »

I have less than 50 dwarfs. What massive military? :P

On a more serious note, I might be able to kill them tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10