Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29159 times)

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2013, 05:36:15 pm »

Lots of interest here.  Would anybody be interested in trying to put together a majesty multiplayer game sometime?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »

I'd be interested.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2013, 07:47:08 pm »

I'd be interested, though I suspect timing it properly will be a challenge.

In the meantime, Priestess me if there's still one available.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »

I actually got inspired to start a sister let's play with Majesty 2.
I'll get to it tomorrow tho because i don't think 2 AM is a good time to start a forum LP.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2013, 10:28:23 pm »

FINALLY I GET MY WOD.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2013, 11:39:53 pm »

Since you have poison plants, Rogue me as Euchre Junior the Rogue

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2013, 12:10:13 am »

Could you induct me as a Cultist named somebody?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2013, 12:20:35 am »

Still want an elf.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

I'd like a ranger, please.

Calling him Krevsin will do.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:07 am »

So, there's a Majesty sale on GG if anyone is interested in buying the original(or any other game set in Ardania really). Nice if you have lost it or the game wont run on your computer or if you are a newcomer to the game.

Edit: The one on GG is the HD edition of Majesty.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:53:27 am by Isdar »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2013, 11:50:31 am »

So, there's a Majesty sale on GG if anyone is interested in buying the original(or any other game set in Ardania really). Nice if you have lost it or the game wont run on your computer or if you are a newcomer to the game.

Edit: The one on GG is the HD edition of Majesty.
Majesty 1 and 2 for the price of either on Steam? Yes please.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:49 pm »

EDIT: Was Dyin' Hood really the last hero to die in that last scenario?

Indeed he was, but only because he couldn't be bothered to step outside while his partner was getting horribly mauled.

you know how Majesty has its silly moments and silly missions but outside of that it takes itself seriously?

I have no idea what you're talking about, that wizard and his curse were both perfectly terrifying.  As was his dog.

Still want an elf.

And I'd still like to make you one, but because I'm apparently wildly ignorant about one of my favorite games, I can't.  Outposts, for whatever reason, don't let you build the buildings for any of the nonhuman races.  I've got a level 3 marketplace and an inn, but no elves have come a-knockin'.

Anyways, I bet you all thought that this round would be different, didn't ya?  That we'd be able to all just walk over the paltry beasties out in the wilderness and take their glorious loot!  Well, shame on you, just what game is it that you think you're watching?  This is Bay12!

And this is Rrongol.  More specifically, "Rrongol the Hunter".  He's a unique baddy in the game, and normally only shows up in a particular mission during the campaign (it's not exactly a massively important plot spoiler, so eh).  However, since I was so annoyed with earthquakes and random witherings and such, I figured I'd go ahead and swap out the Random Disasters/Ritual of Pain settings that cause them, and exchange them for something else.  Naturally, not wanting to go soft on you guys, I picked something else, called "Wake the Hunters".  What this setting does, is it places Rrongol here in a randomly selected monster lair on the map (along with another beasty that we've yet to encounter, but you'll get to see him too.  He's arguably the nastier of the two), waiting for your heroes to destroy the comparatively innocent lair and release him to wreak havoc on your forces.

Rrongol is an expert melee combatant with that blade-stick of his, and he's fast.  Furthermore, he sniffs out and tracks down your heroes, one by one, regardless of where they are on the map.  For a touch of flavor, he's also poisoned the damned thing so that you die even faster.

The bravely heroic deeds of Sir Haspen, Sir Isdar and Zieg (as pictured in the last update) let this horror loose, and for whatever reason his honed hunter's senses completely missed the three heavily armored warrior-knights standing behind him.

Instead, he wandered a quarter of the way across the map in completely the other direction, just to pick on poor little Gamerlord who was out enjoying a stroll and smelling all the beautiful little flowers, which probably looked like screaming faces that spewed blood to his warped mind, for all we know.

He was struck down in one blow.  Gamerlord, that is, not Rrongol.  Gamerlord had just barely raised his scythe by the time he was bisected (he shall be missed, and revived/reincarnated shortly).

Considering the chain of events that led to this tragedy, I think we all know who is really at fault here.

Thanks, guys.  Thanks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2013, 02:15:11 pm »

Oh hey, Rrongol.

And yeah, Rrongol at least doesn't [CENSORED] at your heroes at [CENSORED] rate.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2013, 02:45:18 pm »

Well, unless Rrongol decides that we no longer need to have an outpost here in the middle of nowhere, I'll totally take your blacksmith again.

Also, if I remember correctly, dwarves start showing up when you have a level 3 smithy, and elves show up whenever they damn well feel like it an elven bungalow shows up.  The elven inn or whatever that just pops up when you're not paying attention.  It was either that or a gambling hall.  Man, now I have to redownload this again.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:50:47 pm by Karkov »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:17 pm »

It would seem that this land's criminals cannot evade the consequences of their sins forever, and Sir Isdar was struck down by the very scaled hand he helped free.  And, thanks to some arguments over building permits and whether or not one of the administrators smelled like a drunken gnome, the mausoleum's construction was delayed just long enough to not be able to save the good and humble knight.  He has been reincarnated as an ant (which was promptly stepped on, leading to him being reincarnated again as a level 1 warrior).

Meanwhile, the bustling settlement has grown into something of a small town, opening up its very own carpet emporium under the dubious management of a remarkably deep-voiced member of the Krypta sisterhood.

This increase in size and commerce could only serve as a magnet for prospective thieves and hooligans, and rumors of a thieves guild began circulating amongst the populace, often attempting to point the finger of blame at a new, stubbled face that had recently immigrated, a shadowy man adopting the moniker of "Euchre Junior".

Euchre Junior's response to these unflattering accusations was to burgle some poor old woman's house for 50 gold coins worth of property.  2nd Fiddle, the Fervus cult's most recently matured manbeast, had this to say:

"BORK BORK BORK." -2nd Fiddle.

(Yes, that is actually something they occasionally come out with.  As it happened, he was located in the vicinity of Junior's exploits, and just after the theft I heard him shout this)

Disgusted by the corruption inherent in the civilized world, 2nd Fiddle instead decided to venture out and see what Zieg was doing in the wild green wilderness.  While skipping down one of the leafy paths, he spotted an adorable little bunny that Fiddle rushed over to cuddle.

Of course, by "bunny" I mean "Rrongol the Hunter", and by "cuddle" I mean "throw caution to the wind despite being a level 1 character that's too absent-minded to buy goddamn healing potions and go berserk on that mother".

To his credit, 2nd Fiddle earned a whopping 5 levels while fighting against Rrongol, the max HP increases from said leveling allowing him to live significantly longer than otherwise.  He's also the only hero so far to actually cause any damage to the hunter, and quite a respectable amount at that.

To give some kind of idea what Rrongol is like as a warrior, those stats are percentages.  They show how much of each damage type he flat out ignores.  Also, a level 6 Warrior of Discord (one of the beefiest heroes in the game) has 96 max HP, and considerably lower defensive stats.

Also, if I remember correctly, dwarves start showing up when you have a level 3 smithy, and elves show up whenever they damn well feel like it...   An elven bungalow shows up?  The elven inn or whatever that just pops up when you're not paying attention.  It was either that or a gambling hall.  Man, now I have to redownload this again.

Dwarves will offer their services when you have a level 3 blacksmith (which I have) and a level 2 palace (...), and Elves offer to move in when you have a level 3 marketplace (which I have), an inn (also check), and a level 2 palace (.....).  When you build a bungalow, a lounge is automatically created somewhere.  If you have a rogue's guild, a gambling hall is also created.  This is done for every bungalow that you build.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26