Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29152 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »

Simmura the Ranger MkII signing up.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2013, 02:39:29 pm »

I, Nirur the Senile, wish to scour these lands in search of my eleventh spellbook.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »

With the ever-so-slight change in pace, we have been able to establish our settlement, call forth many a brave hero, and even generate some precious, precious tax revenue in peace...  Everything is quiet, for now.

...too quiet.

Delta has taken the opportunity to go use some of the wandering zombies at the map edges as target practice.

Darvi and Burnt, meanwhile, have been living a calm life of spreading toxic fungus everywhere and bringing wild beasts into the settlement as "pets".

Note:  Even if your map has no creatures that qualify as "wild beasts" for the cultists to charm, the temple itself will occasionally spawn animals so that they at least get some small following.  The type of beast spawned changes as you upgrade the temple, up to demonically-possessed bears at level 3.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2013, 02:56:02 pm »

Even if your map has no creatures that qualify as "wild beasts" for the cultists to charm, the temple itself will occasionally spawn animals so that they at least get some small following.

I honestly thought that it happens anyway... since you can never be deprived of wild beast (Sewers for example).

Also wait until Shadowbeast maps... it is where Cultists shine like the sun!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »

Well, learn something new every day...

Apparently, there's another thing that outposts are oddballs about.  Namely, they act as the requisite level 2/3 palace...  For certain buildings.  But it does not act as a prerequisite for other buildings.

Notably: Wizard guilds, Elven bungalows, and Dwarven settlements.

For fuck's sake, game...  WHY?  Why is this confusion necessary?

Anyways, this means that wizards and all nonhumans are permanently off-limits for this round, because there is in fact no way to build a palace if you don't start with one.

Aside from cheating, that is.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »

My god is this is making me nostalge so hard. Speaking of gods, put in me in for a Priestess if that temple ever gets up and running.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »

Our merry warrior-knights have located a den of undead filth, and are smacking away at it.  This is, I believe, actually the first occurrence of our guys attacking their buildings...

I've taken the liberty of giving Warriors of Discord to Gamerlord and Sonlirain, since they didn't get anything last time and I assume the request still stands.

Since this required a new warrior's guild to be built, we still have three positions open for either regular warriors or warriors of discord.

I'm still somewhat annoyed that I didn't know about the outpost's special build restrictions...

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2013, 03:24:02 pm »

I demand a rematch after my shameful display against that golem. Cult me again please and let's hope something just as deadly comes around.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2013, 03:43:44 pm »

Welp.

I'm jumping in again as a Warrior of Discord named 2nd Fiddle. Hopefully he won't live up to his music-related name.

EDIT: Was Dyin' Hood really the last hero to die in that last scenario?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2013, 03:50:55 pm »

Well... okay. Claiming the krypta temple when it comes up. Name it "Unmatched Carpets". I swear I'm going to get a Frumple reference in here sooner or later. Might as well add some layers to it in the process.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

Lead me to glory and death! Any warrior type will do.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2013, 04:00:04 pm »

I'll lie my way into service as one of Krypta's followers, then. Nobody will notice the beard if I use enough illusion magic.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »

You know, think I can grab a cultist? Since bears man.

But yeah, Majesty was a nice. I actually got the game at a discount bin when all I had was a computer with about 256 megabytes of videoram when most were pushing a gig. So it does have a special place in my heart as one of the few games I was able to play on the first personal computer I owned.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2013, 05:04:48 pm »

Discord me up, if you can. If I missed out on slots, shove me in as whatever class you need.
Nightscar's the name either way :P
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »

I honestly kind of like the first Majesty more then its sequel.

I sort of understand why Majesty 2 turned out the way it did, because of both "Comedy saturation" and that it was trying to borrow styles from MMORPGs.

Note: By comedy saturation I mean... you know how Majesty has its silly moments and silly missions but outside of that it takes itself seriously? Majesty 2 is all silly ALL THE TIME!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:15:04 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26