Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29134 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2013, 11:56:02 am »

Burnt the Cultist signing up!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:49 am »

In proper knightly fashion, both Deathsword and Sir Isdar completely ignored the gargantuan hulking pile of rock that was waying last to the settlement.  Sir Haspen, who had been enjoying a leisurely stroll with good Sir Isdar, turned around to find a werewolf hiding behind them.  Sir Isdar lifted his skirts and ran all the way home like a little girl, while Sir Haspen went mad with fury and struck the beast down, gaining two levels in the process.

Then he decided that so long as he was berserking and ignoring his personal safety, he may as well fight that huge mountain of crushing death that was conveniently nearby.

Oh, good Sir Haspen...  You silly, silly little twat.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »

Ah, I guess we're not going for the barbarian, then.

Good enough, I'll have a coward ranger, then.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

may i ask which options you use for this game?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2013, 01:17:53 pm »

Since you're not actually ever gonna make any wizards at all, make me a cultist. I want all the stars I can get. And bears. Those too.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2013, 01:41:22 pm »

Hrm. I'll lay claim to whatever the most powerful undead under our control is :P Unless someone else wants it, in which case, second most powerful (and so on).

Once we get a krypta temple up and start collecting them, anyway. Named "Carpet Ghost".

Which is to say, krypta temple whenever. Those milling about skeletons seem really rather helpful, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2013, 01:59:00 pm »

Hacking and chipping away at the beast's ankles, Sir Haspen Ironfist bravely ducked and weaved, dodging the titanic creature's massive rocky fists.

In victorious defiance, he shouted "My prowess is unmatch-"
And then he died from a severe case of being squished.  He went from about 40 hitpoints to dead in one blow, his healing potions being of no help at all.

With Ironfist dead, Sir Isdar the Humble saw his opportunity to slay the beast and claim the 800 gold bounty all for himself!  Finally venturing out from under his bed (checking for spiders, I'm sure), he rushed off to take on the beast, bravely battling both it and a nearby minotaur who had found him to be a decent target.

After a remarkably good run of not dying, Sir Isdar proved once again the age-old adage "consumables never helped a corpse", and died because he was an idiot who stuck around with low health against two high-damage opponents without using any of the potions he had on him.

The golem, now getting into the real swing of things and with a goon squad of several minotaurs joining him for the pillaging, shattered the marketplace and destroyed the guard tower that had been spitting arrows at him this whole time.

The rangers Simmura and Dyin' Hood, of course, are preoccupied with other, unrelated matters.

Deathsword, with his comrades dead, saw fit that it was to be HIS time to shine!  However, being possessed of slightly greater wits than the others, he chose his fight against the minotaurs first, rather than charging headlong into Mr. Mountain himself.  He would bide his time, and grow stronger, before tackling the mighty beast.

That, or he'd just get dogpiled by the bullmen and hacked to bits.  Whatever works.

Suddenly, a hitherto-unnoticed Fervus grove was uncovered, and from it Chosaru and Burnt, both scrawny and slavering wildly, leapt forth in order to help the guards deal with this unfortunate minotaur infestation!

But then they both died, having accomplished absolutely fuckall.

And then another golem showed up.

Finally, with the first golem having noticed their encampment and deciding to ruffle their tent flaps a bit, Simmura and Dyin' Hood eventually decided that, y'know, maybe they could see if any of this whole "arockalypse" stuff could be interesting enough for them to notice.

Simmura went first, and got squishified.  A mildly annoyed Dyin' Hood got up from his beauty nap and went out to clean up the mess, and was promptly obliterated for his insolence.

Well, that finished up fairly quickly.  I'd forgotten that golems were involved in this scenario type...  And that they, along with the minotaurs, automatically home in on your settlement.  A lot.

Weeeeell...  Time for another round then, I s'pose!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »

Cult me for the next round then :V

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »

Sir Haspen the Sharpedge, at your orders v:!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 02:13:26 pm »

I would like in again please, squshy mage or dwarf if possible, but not fussy if choice is restricitve.
This is a blank sig.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »

Put me back on the list for Zieg the Warrior

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »

I'm useless! Yaaay!

Cult me again please  :D
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2013, 02:26:59 pm »

That was quick :P
Dorf me again: Delta the Ranger.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »

Put me in as Sir Isdar the Humble again if you would be so kind.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2013, 02:30:46 pm »

Right.

THIS time, we shall succeed!  We shall conquer these wild, vicious, brutally unforgiving lands!  We shall use a different type of scenario, one that doesn't have ridiculously powerful raiders that home in on your settlement, or insane numbers of super-speedy goblins zooming around in all directions!

Of note is that the scenario type you pick in the game settings determines how large the total map will be, with most maps being either "small" or "large".  However, the Northern Expansion addon added two scenario types with the "huge" maptype, covering significantly more territory than even the "large" maps from before.  The game is kind enough to warn you that selecting a map of this size requires that your computer have at least 128 megabytes of RAM in order to run smoothly.

Building our settlement, I was looking for something to fill in a blank spot near the marketplace, and decided to throw down this lovely piece of architecture.

This is the hall of champions.  Another building added in the Northern Expansion addon, the hall serves a few different purposes.  First of all, heroes who are bored and choose to visit the hall will be granted a free temporary buff that raises their hitpoints for quite a while, making them tougher to bring down.  Secondly, the hall can be used to issue a "call to champions", which I'll detail shortly.

Since you can't directly control anyone in Majesty, the main way of getting heroes to do your bidding is through assigning reward flags.  Basically, you place a bounty on someone, or something, and gold-interested heroes will seek it out.  The higher the reward, the more heroes it will interest, and the more likely they'll be to look past the obvious dangers involved with specific targets.  You set aside an amount of gold to serve as the reward on a bounty, increasing by 100 gold each time, and you cannot retrieve that gold until one of your heroes claims the reward and spends that money in facilities that you can then tax. 

A call to champions selects a creature type that you have at some point already killed at least one specimen of on your map.  You then pay either 400 or 800 gold, depending on how long you want the call to last, and while active the call to champions will serve as a moderate bounty on all creatures of that type.  They won't reward any extra gold to your heroes, but it will attract them in much the same way, occasionally helping to focus your otherwise somewhat absentminded heroes.

Darvi of the Free, our first champion and currently head cultist of the ordained grove of Fervus (currently the only cultist of the ordained grove), has bravely set off into the wilds to sniff out the place and see what mischief can be achieved.  On the way, he upheld his solemn duty of planting Those Growths Which Please Great Fervus in completely random and unplanned locations.

This is one of the special little things that cultists do.  They will venture out into an area relatively close to their temple, and then start planting poisonous plants.  The plants can then be discovered and harvested by rogues, who can use the potent toxins within to poison the bolts of their crossbows.

While entertaining, it doesn't serve a great deal of purpose since rogues are the only ones who can do this and if you upgrade a rogue's guild to level 2 (which you should do anyways if you have one), then any hero can just make a trip upstairs and have their weapon permanently poisoned for a small fee.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26