Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Will be updated tomarrow! Sorry guys!]  (Read 14223 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [ Day 3 Turn 2 is up!]
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

Lookout is good, but be sure to tell the villagers a well/irrigation shaft would easily be made; or even the earth could be raised to make a rain collector
The idol should be bone and wood, to symbolize stones and life
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:32:26 pm by javierpwn »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »

I support basiclly everything that's been said, but the idol should be stone and wood.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:47 pm »

I support basiclly everything that's been said, but the idol should be stone and wood.
Same here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2013, 04:08:40 pm »

I don't think we're quite there yet, but this is why I wanted the idol set up in this way.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

There likely won't be another update today, I'm have one hell of a migraine and don't feel like putting forth the effort to write up a post. However, I will give you another diary entry to read! Because honestly, I want to have something else done besides a single post.

As of right now we seem to have the following choices.

Investigate lifeforms- 6
Idol~Stone and wood-2
Idol~ Bone and wood-1
Idol~ Wood.-1

Lookout tower-2
3rd option-3

Ask Sjamn'd about Shamans-2

This list is just for me later so I don't have to recount everything later. Your still free to change your opinions and such and debate them.

Excerpt from Diary of Sjamn'd, Pre-Chaotic God, Daily life in the Hed'on.

...The sun rises above the tree's and I rise to my feet. I reach for my staff and settle down outside of my tent. Listening to the soft chitter and skittering of the wildlife in the swamp. My mind drifts, allowing my worries to drift away as I allow myself to become one with the swamp lands around me. Inhaling deeply, tasting the fresh morning dew on the air. The scent of life filling the swamp. Pulled from my mediation by the soft click of a young-ling, taking the offered cup from him and nodding before sending him off to play with the others... 

...The sun has reached it's midday point and I begin my work as the tribe's shaman. The first issue that arises to my attention is that of an argument among the growers. I arrived at the fields in question listen to the arguments of each side. Sej'un has been growing Fiscu, a small edible mushroom in his fields. When he awoke the next, he discovered half of is crop had been eaten by the neighboring farmer's Hrisk. A small, pig like animal. I put a end to the argument, deciding that the Head'en the other farmer in the matter will give a twentieth of his flock to Sej'un as compensation for the loss of half his crops. The farmer shifted slightly before thanking me for my wisdom. The rest of the day, well into the evening is spent dealing with other, small matters of the same sort.

The sun dips below the tree's and I finally retire to my hut, slipping into it's confines and smiling warmly as my mate hands me a steaming cup of fungal tea. I speak with her well into the night before weariness begins to set upon my old bones. Feeling her wrap a cloth around me and the cup taken from my hands as I drift to sleep...

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2013, 11:04:11 am »

You examine the chaos node further, further studying the intricate swirls and thin strands of chaotic energy swirling up into the mass mass of it. You notice several 'thicker' strands of energy leading from the mass of energy and into the web of threads that spread throughout the land beneath it. You think that if you can sever the thicker strands, it should cut off the taint spreading further into the land, or, at least reduce it's growth further. No telling what it will do if your wrong though, it might set it off entirely and release all that energy at once.

You don't think you can learn anything further from studying that node without expending a little energy experimenting on it. With your curiosity on that settled for the moment, you choose to look into that bundle of lifeforms you can had seen earlier. With a thought you find yourself traveling the countless miles through the swamp till you reach it. You come into a two mile wide cleared part of the swamp, and to your surprise. You discover a bustling city! Granite walls are raised around the city aside from the entrance. A pair of ancient, wooden gates guarding the entrance. A road leads from the town and travels off to the east, leading out from the swamp and into the grasslands after a few miles. You can sense the lives of nearly a thousand lifeforms within. A multitude of races living in one enclosed area.  That's not all you sense, You can free three different masses of energy approaching you.

A silky, smooth voice dipping into your mind,"Gah! Another one! Another one has arrived at our town! When did this place become so populous?" Moments later a gruff, older voice chimes in as well. "Oh shut it Tylus, None one is interested in stealing your followers from you, they can barely stomach a glass of light ale!" A third, feminine voice speaks as well. "Tsk....Alterious, A glass of your 'light ale' nearly ended the life of one of my worshipers. Your definition of light seems to be askew...Of course....Forgive me. I am Trina. We are the Triumvirate that watches over this town. What brings you here?"
You can feel the three gods studying you further, Alterious' voice booming into your mind, a hearty chuckle escaping him. "Oh,Your a fresh one aren't you! It's always nice to have some new company around, fancy a drink? Neither of these two like partying much, always spouting such silly crap like the work to be done. Bah! Someone else will do it! What else do you think those fancy overseers are for? " You can almost mentally hear the sighs escaping the other two gods.

Role-Playing Sequence go! How do you handle the sudden appearance of the three 'new' gods?

You urn your attention to Sjamn'd and Selind'a, ending their argument as you speak. "Enough! I've chosen, Selind'a can have the tree for the watchtower. I'll make the river fork and shift it closer to us. This is not the time for petty arguments." With that issue dealt with, you focus solely on Sjamn'd, speaking into his mind. "Sjamn'd, I have often heard you referred to as Shaman, Tell me about the Sud'kar shaman's. I understand what it means, I am just curious about the history behind it."

Sjamn'd nods and settles down back against the tree, making himself comfortable before he begins. "A shaman isn't usually a leader in the tribe, more of an adviser. The job of a shaman is to provide guidance to our tribe, letting our wisdom temper and guide the ambitions and wills of the younger ones.We are also often called upon to solve minor disputes within the tribe, shaman's are widely known as neutral parties in any arguments. Those aspects aside, a few shaman's from the Sud'kar have also been gifted with magicks from our old patron god, though, when he left us. Any of us who had possessed the magicks, had lost it. Through old rituals, the shaman's of our tribe have been able to pass down all the knowledge contained within them into the younger generation. Within my mind, holds the entire history of the Sud'kar, the wisdom of hundreds of generations buried within it. " He clicks tiredly, "Though, I fear that I may have to choose a successor soon. My age is starting to catch up to me, and these times are not as certain as they used to be in the old days."

The sun dips below the trees and the night falls over the swamps. Sek'larsa returns from the trip with the villagers, packs bundled across their backs filled with the chaos-eating mushrooms. The small group begins to scatter them about the village and plant them. In the center of the town Selind'a leads a group of tribesmen up the tree. Bundles of vines and branches stuck onto their back. They begin the construction of the watchtower. Near the base of the tree. You can see a dozen lizardfolk forming houses out of the clay and vines. Torches burning in their hands, hardening the clay as they form it. Shifting your gaze towards the river, you estimate that it would take nearly all the energy you have built up to carve a fork in the river that would lead into your camp. You focus your energy and create a few small curvatures in the ground, shallow little 'ponds' that should work for catching rain water. After that, you contact the crafter you had spoken to and tell him that you want the idol made of Stone and Wood.
-5 energy.

Your actions for this turn? How do you respond/react to the gods?

Spoiler: information (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [ Day 3 Turn 3 is up!]
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2013, 11:22:14 am »

React by drinking with the gods, explaining the situation of your people. Also try to find out what other abilities you might possess.

Well for the village, try to look upon the younger members and chat with them, to find out who would be a good successor shaman. Tell the villagers to build a wall, once they set up their camp well enough, so everybody has a house to sleep.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2013, 12:56:48 pm »

If we're drinking, drink lightly, and explain that we've got too few worshippers to do something awesome yet stupid while heavily drunk.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2013, 01:42:33 pm »

also ask them about the city, the inhabitants' species, and what they know/think about the Chaos god.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2013, 01:49:24 pm »

Make sure to get their opinion on the chaos-guy
Else, being polite should not hurt -  some friendly seniors will do us more good than another faction that we need to watch out for.

Delay forking the river for a bit
Having the Idol will make it cheaper, leaving more strength for other matters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2013, 01:52:16 pm »

I'm not sure it will.

Besides, why do we want to fork the river. Forking the river will increase local water levels, causing the ground to become swampy. This will make any creations unstable, might make farming harder/impossible, and could possibly attract past. The increased water levels could also cause the trees to drown and start rotting.

Just dig a hole and call it a day. Ground water levels won't be deeper than 5-20 meters here.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »

'So I am not alone? My name is Seklus. But tell me, have you seen another god? Apparently one came before me to my people. And this city..... it is remarkable. Please, tell me about it.'
Inquire for information on the city/gods, and also attempt to ascertain whether any of them is the 'traitor' god. Do so subtly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »

Make sure to get their opinion on the chaos-guy
Else, being polite should not hurt -  some friendly seniors will do us more good than another faction that we need to watch out for.

Delay forking the river for a bit
Having the Idol will make it cheaper, leaving more strength for other matters.
+1, inquire into the overseer fellows?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

Soon as the mushroom hunters get back, begin cultivating one with life magic to be super-awesomer, so as to absorb the whole chaos node, or at least begin siphoning the tendrils completely into itself. Quality over quantity will win this as the GM has made apparent. Make the cultivation happen over multiple turns so as to save energy AND create a more stable "muchroom"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:46:58 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12