Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Will be updated tomarrow! Sorry guys!]  (Read 14206 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [ Day 3 Turn 3 is up!]
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2013, 02:12:35 pm »

Soon as the mushroom hunters get back, begin cultivating one with life magic to be super-awesomer, so as to absorb the whole chaos node, or at least begin siphoning the tendrils completely into itself. Quality over quantity will win this as the GM has made apparent. Make the cultivation happen over multiple turns so as to save energy AND create a more stable "muchroom"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
+1
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »

Alright, Sorry folks. Couldn't get on the site at all a while ago and now that I' on it now, I don't feel like updating. :P Sorry, To make it up to you guys though, You'll get two updates tomarrow!

This isn't dead, I'm just feeling lazy and got my attention all sapped up by a game. o.o

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2013, 10:37:30 pm »

PtW
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »

I'm working on the update now. I think I'm not going to bother do regular actions during the RP sequences so they can move along a bit faster.

Also, I have no idea how this is going to turn out but I feel like my character writing has a been a bit flat. With all of the characters I've shown so far being kind of blank. That's how it feels to many anyways so I'm going to see if I can give these gods a bit of 'life' to them. God knows how that will turn out, I've never really been able to make conversations or chatting thingies flow well together whenever I've written.

Edit: On that note, I've read over my posts since the start and all of the spelling errors or other grammatical errors I've made had made me want to cry. I'll probably be spending a bit of time later editing and fixing all of those out. I really should do more than give my post a quick glance before I post them. X_X
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:08:57 pm by Xardalas »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [ Working on Day 4 RP-seq 1!]
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2013, 01:06:11 pm »

((Don't worry about characer personality, generally, you will have opportunities to make them a personality if the players interact with them, while we won't care if the personality of a character is nonexistent if we don't pay atention to him.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2013, 01:27:03 pm »

((Also, a browser with a build in spell check helps.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2013, 01:29:43 pm »

((Also, a browser with a build in spell check helps.))
((I have to ask, was that for the GM or for me? Because I tend to have some grammar mistakes...))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2013, 01:31:58 pm »

((For everyone, but mostly because the GM mentioned spelling mistakes. I don't think I have the right to complain about anyone's spelling, as I frequently make errors myself.))

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2013, 01:44:05 pm »

Dammit, My niece needs to steal my PC for some classwork. I have the turn mostly written up, so It'll be up later on today sometime. Sorry guys.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:00 pm »

You find yourself faintly amused at the interactions between the god, deciding that having a light drink with the group wouldn't be to bad. You agree and moments later you actually 'see' the gods appear on the astral plane. Their forms flickering before you. Tylus flickers into existence, taking the appearance of a small, short bookish human. His skin tainted faintly blue and the place where his eyes is nothing more than a swirl of energy. The next to pop into existence is Alterious. He takes on the appearance of a short, stubbish being with a beard that is actually longer than he is tall! A multitude of mosses and fungi seem to coat the beard, a tankard of some stiff, acidic smelling drink in his hand. He's almost round in appearance with his protruding belly. To be honest, your not sure you can even make out his face underneath the mass of hair and beard that seems to cover most of his body. Finally, with a soft flash of light,Trina slips onto the astral plane as well. Taking on the appearance of a tall, lithe, very feminine and curvy female. Points tipping her ears as she smiles at you, each of her teeth look to be serrated, with jagged, sharp pointed ends. The smile is honestly rather disturbing, despite her beautiful appearance. Her voice reminds you briefly of honey as she speaks, "Now now....Don't tell me your intimidated dear, Do pop out and join us no-" Her words are cut off as Alterious suddenly shouts out, "Come on now lad! Just focus your mind a wee bit on how you want to appear and come out, I brought enough drink for the three of us if ye decide to quit yer farthing around and show yeself!"

Following his advice, you concentrate for a moment, creating a blob of energy on the astral plane and 'molding' it to how you want to appear. You take your time with it, molding it into the shape of a feral ankylosaurus before you begin making slight changes here and there. Shortening the tail and thickening the scales. Shifting the the rough threads of energy around that act as the 'skeleton' of the creation. It takes a few minutes but your finally satisfied with how it looks. You will appear as as a rather tall lizardman, however you'll retain the tail of a ankylosaurus and the distinctive head of it's body. Preferring to garb yourself in the tribal wear of a Sud'kar tribesmen.

A mug of whatever the god Alterious had been drinking appears in front of you, you pull it closer and sniff at it. You nearly drop it in shock, feeling your astral avatar nearly get tipsy from just the smell of the liquid. You can hear barely restrained giggles escaping Trina and Tylus. You notice that the other two gods haven't touched their glasses in any way at all,  though Alterious appears to be on his fourth or fifth glass. You find yourself in awe of the constitution it must take to down that kind of drink that quickly.

After a moment you shake your head, deciding to not take a sip of the drink, fearing for your liver if you did. "I had wondered if I was the only one left around in this area, with the chaos god to the north...And how he seems to be rather aggressively pushing down south.".  Tylus shifts slightly where he stands, looking a bit uncomfortable at the thought of the chaos god. There are a few murmurs from the trio as a whole. "To be honest, We haven't worried much about him. We are safe inside of our town. It would take a considerable amount of effort and energy to deal with the might the three of us combined can bring to bear. Not to mention that we have been in this land for generations upon generations. Those walls have stood against countless other threats and held. The same will happen with this 'new' chaos god. "

You nod briefly for a moment, feeling slightly uneasy with the confidence this trio had in their abilities. While you could certainly agree that the city was impressive, you could only sense a around thousand souls inside of it, certainly more than you held but you remember the miles up miles of chaos tainted lands you had seen. Could they really hold out if such a attack was launched upon them? Shaking your head and  clearing your thoughts for now as you focus on Alterious. "Alterious, You said something about overseerers?Alterious smacks his lips loudly and grabs his beard, using it mop up the few dribbles and splashes of drink across his face before speaking. "Oh aye! My overseerers, those lazy louts! They should be ordering them drunken partyers into the mines, instead they seem to like mandating crystal toys..." He mumbles to himself for a moment and takes another swig of his drink.

Feeling somewhat lost by Alterious' answer, you decide that it has something to do with his own followers and isn't anything you should be concerned about. Finding yourself curious about the new races, you ask each of them what race their followers were. Tylus narrows his eyes a bit and jabs a bony finger in your direction, "Why does it matter to you? See? He's curious about them! He wants our followers!" You can feel the other two gods rolling their eyes at his antics. They must have been used to him after the time they had spent together. "Tylus' paranoia aside for now, There are three major races in the town. Tylus' followers tend to be human though he has a smattering of dwarves and elves as well. Alterious' followers are solely dwarves, and mine own followers are the elves. Though...There are a few minor races inside of the town that don't worship anyone." Tylus cuts in, "...I suppose your welcome to trade Sphere Crystals with us, but you don't go trying to steal my followers!"

"I'm surprised, you three seem to work well together. At least...I don't see you up in arms. How long have you been working together?" Tylus glares at you. Alterious burps loudly and chuckles, "The three of us ain't all been together at the start. At first it was just me, I'm the oldest outta this lot. Anyways, after a bit of time and a wee war or three, I came across Trina. After a few minor disagreements and me accidentally dropping her forest into magma....What? Oh...It was a fecking accident!" Trina continues to give Alterious a rather firm look, after a moment she shakes her head and speaks, "....Yes, after that...'accident' we ended up becoming partners and trading. A while after that, the chaos god started moving south and we formed this town. A little while after that Tylus came along, he's the newest to our group."

Any further questions you would like to ask the Trio?

RP sequence part one!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:17:14 pm by Xardalas »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Day 4 RP-seq 1 is up!]
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2013, 05:22:14 pm »

Tell them about the chaos node. Also try to casually chat with the elf chick, if she could help you out, as you are trying to survive in the wilderness, to build defenses yourself.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2013, 05:33:04 pm »

Try to enquire after the role of the lizardfolk in the city.
 Agree with discussing the chaos node.
 See about establishing permanent diplomatic conduits with the city.
 Enquire after the nature of the chaos god's followers. Presumably it doesn't subsist entirely upon mutant dogs...

And it would seem to be a good idea to create a node. A cooperative node should be much more informative that an uncooperative one, even if their natures are different. Additionally, there are likely many chaos nodes, finding a means of detecting them could be invaluable...
 Using earth powers to form a stable well seems plausible, although their may be some verbal commitment already made towards moving the river, and the potential access to resources the river could bring in from some distance away would be of value. Shoring up the foundations of the settlement would also likely be of long-term value...

P.S.
((Also, a browser with a built in spelling checker helps.))
Although grammar generally requires a proof-read...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2013, 06:09:06 pm »

I wonder what would happen if earth/life nodes appeared. Perhaps living earth similar to the crimson?
Crack-a-lack-a

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2013, 07:15:24 pm »

Try to enquire after the role of the lizardfolk in the city.
 Agree with discussing the chaos node.
 See about establishing permanent diplomatic conduits with the city.
 Enquire after the nature of the chaos god's followers. Presumably it doesn't subsist entirely upon mutant dogs...

And it would seem to be a good idea to create a node. A cooperative node should be much more informative that an uncooperative one, even if their natures are different. Additionally, there are likely many chaos nodes, finding a means of detecting them could be invaluable...
 Using earth powers to form a stable well seems plausible, although their may be some verbal commitment already made towards moving the river, and the potential access to resources the river could bring in from some distance away would be of value. Shoring up the foundations of the settlement would also likely be of long-term value...

P.S.
((Also, a browser with a built in spelling checker helps.))
Although grammar generally requires a proof-read...

You can make cooperative nodes, but the results would be...unstable at best. You would pretty much forcing several different powers to work in junction with no way of controlling them at all. I suppose I should also mention that you don't directly control the things that might/will arise from nodes. You'll be able to work them underneath your power eventually, but they won't start out under it right away.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2013, 11:15:50 pm »

A life node sounds like fun. The R.O.U.S.s might make things Fun for anyone living nearby, but at least there would be plenty of food...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12