Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58176 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 17) Watch where you're running!
« Reply #300 on: December 11, 2013, 11:00:48 pm »

The individual is tightly wrapped in black cloth from head to toe, only a small slit at his mouth and another slightly larger one at his eyes is left unobscured.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »

((Oh, you mean kinda like a stage hand?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 11, 2013, 11:16:16 pm »

((Sure, that works.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2013, 10:12:45 pm »

Two left... He might be able to deal with two and have the strength left to stitch himself back together. Maybe.

Turn and draw, hopefully decapitating the skeleton in the same motion. Otherwise, just kill them. Fast. Can't afford to let this get drawn out.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 16) Might be bringing in waitlisters soon.
« Reply #304 on: December 12, 2013, 11:20:14 pm »

"There's a couple members of our group still out in the street, is there a reasonable chance of saving them, or are they pretty much dead?"
"If they get caught they're dead. Last time we killed a patrol and hung around to watch, the captain showed up with a group of eighty or so to curbstomp us."

"Who exactly is this captain? Another skeleton, or something different?"

Continue hiding until stuff quiets down.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 13, 2013, 04:38:27 am »

((Update delayed a day so I can get some sleep, my sister took me to a midnight showing of the new Hobbit movie and it started late.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 13, 2013, 06:41:09 am »

((Oh dear, it appears that I've neglected to post. Apologies.))

Wait snugly.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2013, 08:56:58 am »

snuggle up with Pantagruel, also waiting snugly

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 13, 2013, 09:33:39 pm »

((Our allies are now dependent on our fellow "ninja". Good work Lenglon :D

I recall there was some sort of staircase going down in a warehouse or so? Bleh, anyways..))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »

Joe quietly pouts in the corner, eyeing the booze longingly.
((Oh dear, it appears that I've neglected to post. Apologies.))

Wait snugly.
snuggle up with Pantagruel, also waiting snugly
"There's a couple members of our group still out in the street, is there a reasonable chance of saving them, or are they pretty much dead?"
"If they get caught they're dead. Last time we killed a patrol and hung around to watch, the captain showed up with a group of eighty or so to curbstomp us."

"Who exactly is this captain? Another skeleton, or something different?"

Continue hiding until stuff quiets down.
"shh, talk after."
You all hide out of sight of the windows, as the ringing in the street fades and you continue to hear movement outside, though it has become less of the clicking sound of bone on stone and more of a fleshy slapping of bare feet on hard rock.

((That 'ninja' seems to be very well versed in modern-esque neologism. :P
Though I'd prefer not calling him a ninja due to my nagging lore-sense. He ain't looked down to by our society!
Also I believe I didn't see what said skeleton is holding, yes? Anyways.. :3))
Akari traced her steps back from her position--seeing the path as clear as her memory followed--and breathed in the cold, foggy air and smelled a scent that triggered her vivid dream.
The smell of blood.
The scent; familiar as it was to her, the feeling of now and before was blurred, seen with holism, but from another's eye.
She faced the lone skeleton and felt the tinge of the burning flame creep along her right hand. Her body straightened and she adopted a stance resembling a readied sword.
She remembers.

On an airship, about a thousand feet and more above the snowy caps of the northern mountains, her memories traveled. She was with another party, and in another battle--back when she explored the land with frivolity, carefree of all labors but that which was needed to sustain herself. The near glance of death met her during that day, but all were safe and sound, save for most of the casualties beforehand.

She knew this wouldn't be the day.

"I am not afraid to die."

Purge this alley of the skeletal filth, then rest a while.
If possible, and if this all works out cleanly (and I am rested), examine my wound.
Head back, if all is stable.

Where are your allies when you need them.
Akari will: 1-1
Nope, no flame for you...
I'm not sure how you want to react to the spell failing, so you're going to be a little behind the others chronologically. I'll run the rest of your turn as soon as you post it. the options that come to mind are "try again", "attack physically", and "run away", but you might think of something else.
oh, and resting for your headache would basically just take not casting for several turns, since you keep on casting the overdid it while casting headache is still there.
Two left... He might be able to deal with two and have the strength left to stitch himself back together. Maybe.

Turn and draw, hopefully decapitating the skeleton in the same motion. Otherwise, just kill them. Fast. Can't afford to let this get drawn out.
Merik spd: 4
Skel spd: 4-1
Merik str+agi: 4-1+2
Skel tou: 6-1
Skel str: 1-1
Skel luk: ??
Merik str+agi: 3-1+2
Skel tou: 4-1
Merik tou: 5-1
Merik spins about, drawing his blade, and manages to clip the skeleton on the side of its skull in the same motion, but the blow isn't clean and doesn't seem to have done more than chip it slightly. the skeleton makes a clumsy blow of its own, which Merik efforlessly sidesteps and makes a counterstrike, still aiming for the skeleton's head. this one lands much more cleanly, and a line of cracks spread across the skeleton's skull just before it collapses in a heap before him... which is good, because the other two skeletons are closing in, and Merik is beginning to feel the effects of his massive and continuing blood loss, though he's still able to function for now.
((Our allies are now dependent on our fellow "ninja". Good work Lenglon :D

I recall there was some sort of staircase going down in a warehouse or so? Bleh, anyways..))
yep, staircase is there. it's clearly visible from the windows though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 18) Turning to fight.
« Reply #310 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:11 pm »

Feeling a small twitch, and noticing the subtle tick of the second, Akari felt the best way was to approach this directly.

Attack unarmed, try to disarm or strike at the skeleton's wrist or unbalance it. Either get rid of the sword and use it against it or strike at the skull.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2013, 11:22:21 pm »

Feeling a small twitch, and noticing the subtle tick of the second, Akari felt the best way was to approach this directly.

Attack unarmed, try to disarm or strike at the skeleton's wrist or unbalance it. Either get rid of the sword and use it against it or strike at the skull.
Akari spd vs Skel spd: 2-2 vs 6-1
Skel str: 2-1
Skel luk: ??
Skel tou: 1-1
Skel tou: 5-1
Akarl str: 3-2
Akari luk: ??
In a hilarious display of total incompetence, the skeleton takes a large step forward, swings its sword at akari, misses, and removes its own leg, toppling to the ground. Akari attempts to take advantage of the situation by stealing the sword from its hand, but can't find a good grip on it other than the blade itself, and ends up simply grasping the skeletons closed fist in both her hands, to no effect. The skeleton looks about ready to try to bite you by the way, it's still quite animate, though its leg isn't.
((You're back in time-sync with the rest now.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2013, 11:31:56 pm »

Lick lips thirstily while eyeing booze
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 15, 2013, 01:01:16 pm »

((Sorry guys, my fault for not posting.))

Merik breathed in steadily, trying to ignore the cold feeling spreading across his skin. He was getting to tired to be angry. That was a very bad sign. He held his blade low, repeating old mantrasthat he hadn't used since learning the sword. Breath was life, Breathe in life. Any burden can be withstood for one moment, this is all just one moment...
   He stepped forwards, closing the distance between the approaching skeletons, and exhaled.  He dropped low, swinging to destroy the first skeleton's knee, then coming back up reversing the swing to bite the second skeletons exposed spine. Breathe in life, breathe out death.

Attack, fast and hard. Put everything into offense. I'm dead if I can't end this fight NOW.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2013, 01:39:55 pm »

Lick lips nervously while staying inconspicuous. Try to remember when I last ate. And what.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33