Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58170 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 19)
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2013, 01:46:53 am »

I'm going to bed, autoing Merik and Akari so we can keep the game moving when I wake up if Draig and Tir haven't posted and I don't have family interfere again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2013, 02:40:12 am »

[I missed it because net problems and Bay12 didn't want to load for over a long time :S]

Akari attempts to strike at the skeleton's wrists to get that sword. Failing that, she hides as best as she can and searches for an exit away from this place, listening and observing the enemies.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2013, 08:37:21 am »

Keep low, listen to anything the stagehand guy says

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:32 am »

Keep up the press, destroy this one last skeleton. Then we can keep from passing out for the rest of our unnatural lives.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2013, 02:01:16 pm »

MOAR LICKING!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2013, 10:08:50 am »

((Update delayed on account of my room's floor having a centimeter thick coating of water that doesn't want to go away despite my best attempts to fix the problem. + despite this trying to remain reasonably social with family over holidays.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2013, 10:14:49 am »

MOAR LICKING!

((Update delayed on account of my room's floor having a centimeter thick coating of water that doesn't want to go away despite my best attempts to fix the problem. + despite this trying to remain reasonably social with family over holidays.))
That stinks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2013, 03:15:36 pm »

((Update inc. finally finished rebuilding my notes after their fateful meeting with water + relatives leaving after holidays + other private family issue getting resolved.

EDIT: Thought it was over with, it wasn't. sorry about the additional delay. I have the update's skeleton (rolls and shorthand reminders of what information pplz need) made but I haven't converted it into actual sentences and proper descriptions and I won't finish it before colapsing from exhaustion. short versions: Merik wins his fight, but his consciousness is on a timer. Akari fails to disarm and gets hurt, with more skellies nearly upon her but don't get to attack this turn. other pplz get information and access to a dedicated healer (npc) and Angel and Senith enter play at their location. full version of the update will be up tomorrow.))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:19:42 pm by Lenglon »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 20
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

A Storm's Coming
Turn 20: Wherein things get from bad to worse

If I live. I'm...developing my upper body strength. T_T

Akari wondered for a brief moment if her time in service on the airways was spent more on mental works than physical--given her prowess in trying to disarm a skeleton, and her knowledge on anatomy, it was truly said that...she needed more strength to crack these bones.

...Here they come.

Run and retreat! Retreat the other way I hear the other skellies coming from! If possible, get any discarded material and fling it the way I came, for...noise!

Find a cozy place to hide, preferably at an elevated area from my position.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 20) Wherein things get from bad to worse
« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2013, 08:07:09 pm »

See if there's an uncovered corner of a window or something I can peek out of, to figure out just what was making all the noise. Don't actually uncover a window or open a door or such.

"I think we're in the clear."
Raynen Luk: ??
Raynen Per: ??
You go back to the window and peek outside. you don't see anything of note, just the same stuff that was there before you went inside. No sign of undead monsters breathing down your neck or looking in the window or being right behind you or anything. You're totally fine.
MOAR LICKING!
Keep low, listen to anything the stagehand guy says
Pantagruel, feeling that the atmosphere is just right, whispers a question to the stage hand.

"So, man of darkness, do you have any associates in town? We could really use some support - we're all a bit lost in this adventuring business, as I'm sure you can tell."

Whisper a question!
The dark-clothed man ignores your questions for a moment, and gestures for you all to follow him as he goes down the stairs into the cellar. (GM railroading slightly to save a turn since you all seem to be doing what he wants without question anyway) you all follow him down the dark stairs. at the bottom, you pass through a heavy curtain made of some dark fabric and find yourself bathed in light in the wine cellar. It is very cold down here, but you can see five other people all wrapped up in heavy blankets, who look up when you approach.
Ok, we should be safe here. I'll do what I can to summarize what's going on since you seem pretty confused.
I guess things started going downhill about a week... it's just been a week? whatever, about a week back when the early morning mist got all weird on us. Somehow, instead of it burning off like it usually did, it just kinda... hung around. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, if it weren't for how any kind of long-distance communication stopped working at about the same time. People got lost constantly, the city guards organization fell apart, merchants lost a lot of buisness, it was a pretty crazy day. I'm the manager of this warehouse, and we had a hell of a time figuring out how we were going to handle things. we couldn't get confirmation of our deliveries coming through, or requests for more supplies, or just about anything at all except by sending a runner. As you can see though, that doesn't really matter all that much now.
The next day things still hadn't gotten any better. If anything, the fog was thicker than ever. Some rumors started going around about fighting breaking out in other parts of the city, and the dead walking the streets, but that seemed just plain silly. It became a lot less silly around noonish though. people trying to leave started finding themselves getting turned around in the fog just outside the city, and coming back over and over no matter how many times they tried to leave. At that point, I knew this was a major problem. I sent everyone home and I gathered my family and told them to take everything they cared about and bring it down here while I stocked up on food and other basic supplies. At the time it felt kinda excessive, but I'm glad I acted when I did. That night the fighting entered this section of the city. When my son heard the noise he woke all of us up and we ran down here and barred the doors and windows upstairs, taking a couple extra people who saw what we were doing with us when we hid.
The man gestures to three of the bundled up figures, an old woman, a little girl, and a young man.
Since then we've mostly hid down here, but my son has insisted on going out each day to try to learn more about what's going on, and he's told us what he saw while he was out each time he came back. He's out right now actually, I was upstairs waiting for him when you showed up. anyway, from what he's learned those skeletons are killing anything that moves, and dragging the bodies to an intersection about seven blocks from here where a couple cloaked figures are using them to make more undead. their leader seems to be this skeleton that's covered in blue runes, and has a pair of flaming blue orbs in its eye sockets. apparently it can somehow talk, and the cloaked figures, I'm guessing they're necromancers? seem to report to it, not the other way around. The normal skeletons around here don't have any way to communicate that I know about, but whenever somebody kills one of them that skeletal-captain-thing instantly knows about it, and he sends a small army to check it out. his usual pattern is 15 skeletons with throwing weapons and swords, then 15 more but with swords and shields, then 20 with bows, and finally 30 of these armored but unarmed zombie-things. he... it i suppose would be a better word, tends to travel with the bow-skeletons, and wears a nice set of armor, I don't remember the type, as well as a sword, shield, and a bow of its own. So far we haven't seen him fight anything that could take on that army he travels with, but he always seems to be able to replace his lost skeletons so it has to be able to call for reinforcements from somewhere or other.
I think that sums up most everything I know about what's going on here, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Oh, I'm Henry Aberdeen by the way, and these two are my wife and daughter Melinda and Gail.
He gestures at the remaining two bundled up figures.

[I missed it because net problems and Bay12 didn't want to load for over a long time :S]

Akari attempts to strike at the skeleton's wrists to get that sword. Failing that, she hides as best as she can and searches for an exit away from this place, listening and observing the enemies.
Akari str: 3-2
Akari luk: ??
Akari fails to disarm
Skel agi: 5-1
Skel str: 6-1
Akari tou: 3-2
Akari tou: 6-2
Skel 1 spd: 4-1
Skel 2 spd: 2-1
Skel 3 spd: 1-1
Skel 4 spd: 5-1
Skel 5 spd: 5-1
Akari spd: 5-2
Akari lashes out at the wrists of the skeleton she's grappling with, but to no avail. As she gives up and attempts to retreat from the sound of the approaching skeletal reinforcements, the skeleton she's fighting suddenly releases its own grasp on the sword on its own and grabs her right leg with its bony arms, claw-like digits digging into her flesh. in desperation she rips her leg out of its grasp, streamers of blood marking where it grabbed her, and begins to flee yet again, as another pack of five skeletal figures pursue her, swords and shields in their bony hands.

Keep up the press, destroy this one last skeleton. Then we can keep from passing out for the rest of our unnatural lives.
Merik spd: 6-1
Skel spd: 3-1
Merik str+agi: 5+2-1
Skel tou: 3-1
Skel tou: 2-1
Merik tou: 1-1-2
Merik tou: 4-1
Merik, in an expert display of swordsmanship, blurs before his final pursuer, and in a sequence of swordsmanship to fast to tell exactly how it was done, first disarms the skeleton, then impales its skull upon his blade. as it collapses before him, his own vison begins to blur pretty badly, and he realizes that he's lost far, far too much blood. He's still out in the open, he doesn't know where he is, just some random street corner, and no real idea which direction is back the way he came, and he's going to have trouble remaining conscious for much longer. Especially if he doesn't do anything about that gaping hole in his chest.

Merik unconsciousness timer: 3 turns and accelerating.

Times Lenglon was interrupted while trying to write this update: 47
Lenglon's verdict: There must be some kind of grand Anti-This-Turn-Conspiracy, this has been patently ridiculous.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 20) Wherein things get from bad to worse
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2013, 10:21:37 pm »

Addendum: Is it possible to get that sword and run away?

A Storm's Coming
Turn 20: Wherein things get from bad to worse

If I live. I'm...developing my upper body strength. T_T

Akari wondered for a brief moment if her time in service on the airways was spent more on mental works than physical--given her prowess in trying to disarm a skeleton, and her knowledge on anatomy, it was truly said that...she needed more strength to crack these bones.

...Here they come.

Run and retreat! Retreat the other way I hear the other skellies coming from! If possible, get any discarded material and fling it the way I came, for...noise!

Find a cozy place to hide, preferably at an elevated area from my position.

This still works..
Also bandage myself if possible using..anything that I won't miss. Check self and examine own status.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »

((um, I suppose you could have picked it up before freeing your leg, since it dropped it and all, but you'll have even less of a lead on your pursuers than you currently do - they'd be pretty much breathing down your neck, and them getting any advantage on you in speed whatsoever will result in them getting attacks at you. do you want that?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2013, 11:32:55 pm »

((um, I suppose you could have picked it up before freeing your leg, since it dropped it and all, but you'll have even less of a lead on your pursuers than you currently do - they'd be pretty much breathing down your neck, and them getting any advantage on you in speed whatsoever will result in them getting attacks at you. do you want that?))
((Let's do it x3
Actually, do I know if I'm spry enough to at least jump and climb onto higher places? :3))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2013, 11:41:37 pm »

((Let's do it x3
Actually, do I know if I'm spry enough to at least jump and climb onto higher places? :3))
((Your leg has been mauled, your base agi stat is below-average, and by "higher places" do you mean rooftops? You're free to try if you have something in mind, but the odds aren't in your favor.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2013, 01:25:40 am »

((Let's do it x3
((Fun fact: When making Joe's character, I considered giving him the ability to defy gravity/walk on walls. Seemed OP, so I didn't :())
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33