Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25811 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:27 am »

"Hm... I don' think any of these kids knows what they're doin' honestly." Holdron sat down on the floor, for no other reason than he felt like doing so, "I think we're at the point where everyone's getting touchy feely about their feelin's when we coul' be killin' somethin'. Bah."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2013, 10:29:57 am »

Ashii heard Eli's questions with a look of discomfort. She looked around as if for help for a second before hearing Bethany's question, and latched on to it to avoid Eli's.
"Some can. I can't yet. I don't think I have enough experience. Soon though." Silently her mouth moved. She could. Her gaze began drifting before she forced it back to the present. She shook her head.

"Hm... I don' think any of these kids knows what they're doin' honestly." Holdron sat down on the floor, for no other reason than he felt like doing so, "I think we're at the point where everyone's getting touchy feely about their feelin's when we coul' be killin' somethin'. Bah."

"Y-yes. We should be going. Out to quest. Not talking about things."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2013, 10:36:59 am »

Ashura nodded as she memorized the people's names

"My name is Ashura, I'm a mage of sorts. I'm also quite good with this" she made a quick gesture towards the spear on her back "So if you are planning on going for this missing expedition what are the rest of us going to do?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2013, 11:07:12 am »

Eli silently reserves certain future conversation to himself.

"...All right, I get we're all eager to go..let's all meet here tomorrow morning. Some of us are fresh off the boat. I think we'd all appreciate a good nights rest and a warm meal before we set off..."

Ashura nodded as she memorized the people's names

"My name is Ashura, I'm a mage of sorts. I'm also quite good with this" she made a quick gesture towards the spear on her back "So if you are planning on going for this missing expedition what are the rest of us going to do?"

"The plan is, we all set off together-the group will split when we reach the fork to be blessed by the preist. Half of us will stay to protect the priest while he performs the blessing-the rest, myself among them, will go on from there to look for the missing group. Ideally, we'll meet up again for the return trip, but more likely the other half will be returning before us if we don't come back before the third day..."

---
"I'd pondered throwing axes, but they seemed a bit too much..." He says truthfully-misreading her sarcasm completely.

Talk of her family momentarily seems to cloud Eli's mood.

"...Ah, it's a long way from home, isn't it? Do you miss your family much?

And, I suppose a hunting trip might be in order-get the lay of the land, and all that. If you need a guide, well, I'm certainly available. To guide you."
He says quickly, running a hand through his hair.

Bethany hangs her head low, perhaps ashamed of her emotions. "I come from a huge highborn family. I have plenty of relatives I wouldn't mind never having to see again, but I do miss my father, brother Seth, brother Albert, and even Lady Drake. I try not to miss my brother Hans on account of him having died in the war..."

She perks up at the offer of guidance and flashes a smile. "Whats your rate? I could use some help. The extent of my nature knowledge is my father's well maintained lawn and the well maintained country roads on his lands. I'd be taking shots in the dark going by myself."

Eli thinks a moment.

"Going rate for a single person to be guided in the usual circumstances is 1 gold a day, to be paid in advance. Every additional person we bring is 5 silver. I provide my own supplies, and we split any pelts, treasures or reagents we collect-anything I take comes out my standard wage. I've found with some luck, both of us can come on top of that in gold-Steffan usually hawks what I catch or skin, though, and he'll usually charge a percentage for getting a good deal. But, you should discuss that with him."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:10 am »

Bethany nods in a sort of agreement. "Ashura, our mission takes us up past the fork of the river where the Elves want to build a temple. We were thinking those who want to rescue the explorors and those who want to help the temple can travel at least that far together."

The unarmored Paladin rubs her chin and leans back in the chair. "I would like to depart soon. Somebody should relay our plan to the elves so they can make ready to leave. I have no clue how much preparation they might need. We could be stuck here for another day or so. If it takes priests of the River Lord days to perform a simple blessing, imagine how long it takes them to pack for a trip?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2013, 11:13:56 am »

"The plan is, we all set off together-the group will split when we reach the fork to be blessed by the preist. Half of us will stay to protect the priest while he performs the blessing-the rest, myself among them, will go on from there to look for the missing group. Ideally, we'll meet up again for the return trip, but more likely the other half will be returning before us if we don't come back before the third day..."

Morazin nods at that. "Sounds reasonable. I guess I'll add my protections to the group before the split, that way you have shielding against the harsh conditions for first day of your search."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2013, 11:18:52 am »

"Priests are an amazingly patient lot." Eli says from experience. "Still, the blessing job should be a touch easier than our own, Lady Bethany. All they've to do is establish a small fortified camp, a few ditches and barriacades-maybe rustle out any local nasties and let him do his work."

Morazin nods at that. "Sounds reasonable. I guess I'll add my protections to the group before the split, that way you have shielding against the harsh conditions for first day of your search."

"It'll certainly be appreciated. I'm used to enduring the weather, fair or foul, but I doubt anyone else is willing to be as miserable as I by choice."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:20:56 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:25 am »

"An' all you'll be doin' is lookin' fer dead men."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:16 am »

Eli shrugs at that, a heavy motion like a man enduring a blow to the shoulder.

"...most likely, I'll give you that. But I was raised not to give up hope. There's a chance they could still be found-in some fashion or the other. If we can't bring anyone back, we can put to rest the minds of those still waiting for them."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:23 am »

"Sounds like a plan then, I guess I will be staying behind to guard this holy man then as you've already picked who's going on the expedition with you and I agree with Bethany here it's probably best we get going sooner rather than later"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2013, 11:47:12 am »

Eli nods.

"We've got our group, certainly-any more than six will be difficult to support of the hoof, and attract more attention than I'd guess we'd like. Not to mention splitting the pot a bit too thinly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2013, 11:50:50 am »

"Ockerbie is right - the dead still matter to someone. I will get help for carrying back any interesting animals or plants we might come across, if no one objects to their taking space on the boat. Just the two half-orcs carrying my cages - I'll meet their food and wages, of course. Unless you think they might slow us down too much, Eli?"

"Anyway, we meet here in the morning? Who will get this boat then? We go in simple canoes or in what for round here must pass for style?"

Hire two of the porters met earlier, to start employment tomorrow at the stated wage, with the task of carrying my supplies and, most importantly, sample cages. Scout out town for a boat seller. After tha, eat, sleep, and RDV here tomorrow before dawn.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2013, 11:55:33 am »

"Right-o, I'll just see what food I can find, and maybe the company of a pretty lass before we set out in the morning. I'll meet you lot back here in the morning!" With a cheeky grin at his sally, he goes in search of food and bed.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2013, 11:59:21 am »

Bethany sighs. "Just make sure somebody alerts the Riverlordites to the plan. Being ready to leave tomorrow would be of no use if the priests are not ready to go. Steffan, do you mind if I tag along for your shopping trip? I want to see if the boat you get is big enough to haul a horse."

Tag along with Steffan when he buys the boat. If the boat is not big enough for a Horse, find a place to keep the beast while the Paladin is out on the River.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2013, 12:10:34 pm »

Morazin overhears the reminder as he leaves the table. "Oh, right, that would be embarrassing! I'll do it before I eat!" He changes direction from food and comfort to a small trip to the Temple of the River Lord
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22