Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25786 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 04:36:47 pm »

"A strong man needs strong booze." Holdron said as he grabbed his bottle back and took a drink "To your awful ale." Procuring himself a mug of the liquid Holdron looked at it with disdain "I am honorable if nothing else so I must try to ale if, for nothing else, to honour my word. To your coloured water!" raising the glass slightly Holdron took a drink as was his custom. That is to say he downed it as fast as he could. Placing the mug back on the table Holdron shook his head "You can't even taste anything. Ha, I was just joking but I guess it is just colored water."

Holdron once again grabbed his bottle and took a drink, however this time he did it slowly. For a second he simply sat there and drank but he quickly coughed, nearly spilling the booze but thankfully keeping it down, "Ach... So that's what it tastes like when you drink for taste. Bah..."

Speaking in a dialect that was obviously not common, in fact it was Goblin, Holdron held a small conference with himself [It tastes better I suppose but its a weak drink... Pah... I'll give it another go I guess. Maybe his ale tastes stronger the second time around.]

"Well I'm up for a second round. How about you young ale-drinker? Think you could stomach to try it a second time? As fer the boat I must admit I don't have quite enough BUT I do have a considerable sum towards starting. Two thousand gold! I was plannin' on buyin' me a tavern bu' I'm not done adventurin' yet. How's about we buy a joint boat eh? I'm no good with names so I'll let ye name it. I hear a longboat or the like round here's only aroun' three thousan' or so."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 04:42:18 pm »

Morazin returns to the table. "As I remembered, the boats are free as long as we sign them out beforehand." He looks at the drinking contest going on. "Please, that stuff is all lightweight!" He flags down a barmaid. "Bring me a Troll Sweat, or failing that the very strongest drink you have! And I mean it needs to be strong enough to knock out a dragon!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 04:49:02 pm »

"Sure, you old wine-gulper, I'll have another. As for the boat, I don't have half of three thousand - I have five hundred gold, which isn't quite fair, I'll be the first to admit, and I don't much like to be in any man's debt. I have a cloak worth another thousand, but I doubt I could sell it for that much round here. Anyway, we're likely to split up before the end of tomorrow: let me buy you a smaller boat, you keep your gold for your tavern if you like. Just promise me not to serve only wine..."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2013, 04:50:51 pm »

Holdron grew quiet for a few moments before he said "Nay lad. I said I'd buy ye a boat and tha's what I plan ta do. Maybe not yet but when I can."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

"SORRY, YOU WANT QUIET?

HAVE GOLD. FOUR HUNDREDS NINE FIVE GOLD. HELP BUY SHIP."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2013, 04:55:28 pm »

"That's a good lad! Two thousand... Um... five hundred... and um... No wait... Two thousand nine hundred and fifty I think? Yes, so that's just fifty short of getting the boat! Plus we'd need a crew. Maybe some o' the others be willin' ta chip in?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2013, 05:07:35 pm »

With a sigh, Ashii returned to leaning against the wall. She rubbed a hand against her face.  She felt tired, had felt tired since she left the northlands. She slumped down against the wall and slid the bell out into her palm. She shook it gently, the clear chime ringing out, and patiently waited, trance like, for the departures to begin. Her badger nuzzled her hand, but she ignored it, slowly chiming the bell.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 05:11:04 pm »

Holdron frowned for a moment as he watched the silent woman depart from the group. "I'll be back in a minute lads." Standing he walked over towards Ashii "Oi lass. Ye seem a might bit silent. I noticed ye seemed intent on the paladin lass. Are ye wantin' ta come alon'?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »

With a start, she jerked out of her trance. One hand stuffed the handbell behind her back into her pack. She stared up a moment at the old barbarian. Her mouth moved for a second, trying to force out words. Finally, she nodded.

"Y-yes. I'm coming along. I'm just waiting." Her voice was cracked with lack of use. She looked down again immediately after she'd spoken, averting her eyes from the old barbarian's gaze.

She hadn't used her voice since that day in the northlands. Simple gestures had sufficed as she traveled south, far from the land she no longer called home. Until one day she'd found herself surrounded by vibrant life, unlike any she'd seen. The chirp of toads was constant and the winds were warm, the trees lush with thick green leaves and vines. She wandered aimlessly, slowly depleting her stock of gold. One day she'd taken a boat down the River of Death, no intention or thought behind her actions. She'd headed into a tavern and slumped against a wall, when a paladin walked in and called out her quest.

The reason why Ashii-Karn gave her any thought was simple: her hair was the same as hers. On the spur of the moment, Ashii had decided to help out. Not much of a reason. But anything was better than emptiness.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 08:51:46 pm »

Several minutes later a woman enters the tavern, one who you would never guess to be a Paladin if you hadn't just seen her in armor. Her clothes are poorly kept and her coal colored hair extends well below her shoulders. Her face radiates the joy and love of life one would expect from a woman with less than twenty years to her name, and her body has better tone and definition than many of the men in the room.

Beth pulls up a chair at the table Steffan and Eli. "Did I miss the food guys? We need to eat and talk about the plan to recover those poor explorers."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:06 pm »

"Great! We can all go help tha' priest fix up the river then. Because that's what we'll be doing aye?" Holdron called out the last part to the paladin who had just entered "After all I'm pulling rank. I'm the best sorcerer in the room and so we should probably follow me plan aye? Er... Maybe... nah, never split the party. That's what me pap used ta say."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:46 pm »

A figure shrouded in dark fabric and leather armour stands up from a nearby booth, and moves over to stand beside the party table, swaying slightly unsteadily as it does. Only the face is uncovered, and between the shadow from the hood and the long black hair hanging in front, any details are obscured to those without the ability to pierce the dark. For those than can, the figure is clearly not a standard human, with blue-tinted greyish skin framing a pair of pitch-black eyes, devoid of any apparent iris or sclera.
The figure speaks to the group in a musical, feminine voice, in oddly-accented common and seeming to have some difficulty speaking.
"Excuse me, I believe you are forming an adventuring group, yes? I am interested in joining, if you still have space left."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:40 pm »

They all seem so... uninspiring.  What happened?  Where's all the hardy adventurers?  None of these scaleless seem promising.  Kalnaf started climbing off of the roof of the Inn, tiring of his watch.  Dropping to the ground, he thought about hiring people to assist him with traversing the jungle.  Less reliable, but his talents would hopefully make up for any weakness of strength.  Too much thinking on an empty stomach.  Let's see what these mammals have to eat.  Hopefully nothing too planty.  I'm tired of cleaning my teeth.

Kalnaf shoved open the Inn door, exerting himself a little more than he'd like.  Why do they make these doors so difficult to open?  Why do their hinges not account for those of more reasonable height?  After letting himself into the Inn, he scanned the room for the bartender... well, he tried, but failed to look any further than that monstrosity sitting near a table where a most... interesting group of folk sat.  Sounds like a bad joke I heard from a halfling once.  Something about "a cleric, wizard and druid walked into a bar."

Kalnaf nonchalantly strolled towards the table, but paused as he noticed a cloaked figure do the same.  He listened to the woman's words and was pleasantly hopeful by what he heard.  An adventuring group?  I should have just waited in here!  Kalnaf noisily dragged a chair from a neighbouring table over (apologizing to the group sitting there) and climbed atop it.  "Sorry for my loud entrance, but any adventuring party that has someone of such incredible size cannot fail.  I'd much like it if you'd permit me to join.  I've a few talents for driving the best out of people."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:13:55 am by TealNinja »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »

Beth flashes a very unpaladinlike smile at the kobold and shrouded figure as they approach in turn. "The more help we have, the more lives we might be able to save. Take a seat. I'm just about to explain the situation."

"The missing include two gnomes, two halflings, and an elf." She reveals counting the victims on her fingers as she names them. "They went to find an elf tribe that is said to exist on the southern fork of the river. Since we are passing the river fork, and the injured and dead are unlikely to be very heavy, I do think it might be practical for some of us to go as far as the fork and help those priests of the River Lord." She pauses briefly and pushes the hair out of her eyes.

"What do you all think?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 12:50:46 am »

After some basic team building, Eli decided the team to be needed to pass around the pipe, as it were.

"Anyway, let's get to the business of knowing one another.

My name is Eli Ockerbie-first glance will fool you, but I'm more or less Human...I'm a Ranger by trade-a tracker and a hunter. Good with a bow and spear, naturally. I can navigate the thickets or read a track as good as anyone, I suppose. Best traits are my eyes and ears, honestly-I can make sure nothing will sneak up on us...well, hopefully. Despite my height, I'm not bad at sneaking myself.

I've never been in a wilderness like this one, but I'm...hoping to be up to the task."
He says, suddenly falling quiet. Such a burst of confidence was unusual for him.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:30:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22