Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25785 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2013, 02:24:20 am »

"Well it's certainly nice to meet such interesting people out here! To think that finding new lands would draw us all together, this situation probably has the hand of the divine involved for us to all meet here together.

I am Rohan Swiftwaters, a cleric of the prime god Annam, a god typically worshiped by mostly giantkin strangely enough. I've come out here to abide by his teachings, namely that of finding new knowledge. I am skilled in combat, as is suitable for a cleric of Annam, but I also have knowledge of Religions of all kinds and I am skilled in healing, both mundane and divine. Due to my servitude to Annam, I am also well prepared for battling the undead."

Rohan bows his head slightly in respect to the others gathered around and looks to the nice paladin with a smile.

"I approve of helping to clear the river. Not only can we assist in getting the priest of the River Lord to the fork of the river safely, but those going to help the lost expedition can continue up river to look for the expedition and once we find them, we can bring them back to the rest of the group and we can all head back to town together in safety. Killing two birds with one stone, as they say."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2013, 02:36:50 am »

Eli pauses to take a drink.

"You don't suppose the River of Death is a literal name, do you?
I've never really fought against many undead...it's not a experience I treasure.

Most of my combat experience is with humantype beasts-like Harpies, Medusa, Centaurs...the sort that aren't very friendly, but still have contact with normal people from time to time."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:55:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2013, 03:11:12 am »

Beth glances around and offers a playful smirk. "I'm not afraid of somebodies grandpappie who decided that his grave was too cold and that he needed a walk. The Guildmaster proposed abduction by Ghoul tribes as a possible reason for the disappearance of the explorers. Food for thought."

A contemplative look oozing of concern suddenly spreads across the girl's face. "You said you prefer using spears and bows Eli. Do you have a mace or club to fall back on? Some undead don't have blood to spill or organs to pierce."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2013, 03:22:58 am »

Eli nods, taking something concealed from underneath his powder-blue cloak. It's a simple club, with a curving edge and a hard knob that suggests it could be thrown, but is probably lethal enough for it's purpose.

One can see he actually has six weapons concealed there in all-two clubs, two throwing daggers in leather sheaths, a sling hanging from his belt (with a bag of bullets next to it), and a longsword on his belt. Combined with the spear and bow sheathed criss-cross style on his back, he seems quite well armed.

"It's always good to be prepared if you need to sap someone. Or knock somethings head off, I suppose.

But, I've also got sling-with round, metal bullets. That'll smash em to bits if I can't run em through. And if they can't be run through or smashed, I've got a blade too. If they can't be run through, smashed, or cut apart, well...I actually travel light enough to run away very fast."
He says, smiling slightly in the air of a man who hopes he has impressed a lady, if ever so slightly.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:56:16 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2013, 03:50:00 am »

Beth raises her eyebrows. "And I thought I was fine with just a lance, a blade, and a shield for bashing things. Is there a weapon you don't carry?"

Scratching her chin she lets out a chuckle. "My eldest brother Hans used to carry around so many weapons that it would slow his horse. He even indulged in some of the magic present in my families' blood so he could conjure up acid blobs to burn his foes with should all else fail."

With that Beth leans forward and seemingly ponders the table. "I should make a note to write home before I depart... I wonder how long those elves will need to ready themselves for upriver travel? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at hunting if we have a day or so. I just spent a good deal of time on a ship, I doubt I can bring my Horse on a Canoe, so it would be refreshing to be able to ride for once."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2013, 04:49:52 am »

"I'd pondered throwing axes, but they seemed a bit too much..." He says truthfully-misreading her sarcasm completely.

Talk of her family momentarily seems to cloud Eli's mood.

"...Ah, it's a long way from home, isn't it? Do you miss your family much?

And, I suppose a hunting trip might be in order-get the lay of the land, and all that. If you need a guide, well, I'm certainly available. To guide you."
He says quickly, running a hand through his hair.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:56:52 am by Dwarmin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2013, 05:02:53 am »

Steffan let the others speak a little before chipping in.

”And my name is Arbury. I’m a… chronicler, if you will, an explorer of the natural and of the human worlds, although perhaps that sounds a little pretentious. My two main interests, apart from ale, are investigating animals and people, especially people’s wisdom, and peoples that are less known. Both explain why I am here, I suppose. I’d love to find an undiscovered snail, for example, or someone’s belief of how the world works. More though I’d like to not get eaten by tigers, or cooked alive by cannibals, which is one of the reasons I travel with Ockerbie here. My strengths… I suppose are talking – and not always just in the sense of prodigious verbosity. Not been in too many scrapes I couldn’t talk myself out of. Except… well. Yes.”

Except for the ones that ended with either his sticking the bugger through the chest with his rapier, or his being expelled from the Royal Society, which still irked him mightily, he would have said, had he not wanted to keep some things to himself. Amongst the people he usually mixed with, or used to, he could more than handle himself – he’d stepped out more times than most scholars back home – but he was aware that out here he wasn’t exactly a warrior. Come to think of it, he wasn’t much of anything, really. He had a few tricks, but wasn’t sure they were worth much in a hostile jungle.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2013, 05:07:22 am »

Ashura had been listening to the group for a while now and with each word they spoke her curiosity was growing. It almost sounded too good to be true, an adventuring party heading in the same direction that she was planning on going. At first she had not planned on entering a group but now the opportunity was here it seemed to good to pass up. Slowly she rose to her feet, placing a smile on her burned face as she did so. It was always important to seem friendly when attempting something like this, she had learnt that the hard way. Hoping that her mask would be good enough she headed over to the group her long braid swaying behind her.

As she moved closer her emerald green eyes flickered over each member of the group committing their appearances to memory. They seemed like a good group overall, it didn't seem like they would stab her in the back straight away anyway and that was what was important now.
"I couldn't help but overhear that you are planning on going into the jungle, would it be ok if I joined you? I have some skills that I think you would find useful"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2013, 05:45:03 am »

Seeing the somewhat diminutive and exotic looking woman approach their table, Eli glanced up. Seeing her own scar made him unconsciously draw a hand to his own-a habit he had for as long as he could remember. But she seemed to bear hers better than he...but he sensed a wariness in her nature that made him cautious.

"I suppose one more couldn't hurt-we're putting together two groups, actually..."

He introduced her to each of the people at the table, giving their names.

"So, who are you and what could you bring to the table?" He said, smiling. "Oh, and my names Eli." He added on-having introduced everyone but himself.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:22:49 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2013, 07:27:46 am »

Silently, Ashii rose and slipped past the barbarian. She slid onto a stool next to the paladin, listening to the others talk., and drew her legs up to her chest.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2013, 07:31:58 am »

While still greatly distracted by the most interesting person in the room, but he did his best to get to business all the same.

"...I say we split up into no more than six per job-so the pot isn't cut too many ways.

How about for the missing expedition we take...I, Steffan, Bethany, Rohan, Orgarr and, uh..."

He looked over at the Elf, Ashii-Karn.

"You're a druid correct? I don't believe I caught your name...but, we could certainly use you to round out our team."

((Edited, cut out, and reposted earlier communication attempt. If you missed it because of my horrible font))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:18:24 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 07:38:52 am »

"My name?" She seemed oddly surprised at the question. She hesitated for a second. "It's Ashii-karn. I'm a druid, yes. I'll go with you.".

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 07:51:04 am »

Eli nods.

"That's good to hear. What can you tell us about yourself? How come you to these far lands and for what purpose?"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:18:32 am by Dwarmin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 10:03:42 am »

"I'd pondered throwing axes, but they seemed a bit too much..." He says truthfully-misreading her sarcasm completely.

Talk of her family momentarily seems to cloud Eli's mood.

"...Ah, it's a long way from home, isn't it? Do you miss your family much?

And, I suppose a hunting trip might be in order-get the lay of the land, and all that. If you need a guide, well, I'm certainly available. To guide you."
He says quickly, running a hand through his hair.

Bethany hangs her head low, perhaps ashamed of her emotions. "I come from a huge highborn family. I have plenty of relatives I wouldn't mind never having to see again, but I do miss my father, brother Seth, brother Albert, and even Lady Drake. I try not to miss my brother Hans on account of him having died in the war..."

She perks up at the offer of guidance and flashes a smile. "Whats your rate? I could use some help. The extent of my nature knowledge is my father's well maintained lawn and the well maintained country roads on his lands. I'd be taking shots in the dark going by myself."

"My name?" She seemed oddly surprised at the question. She hesitated for a second. "It's Ashii-karn. I'm a druid, yes. I'll go with you.".

Beth nods and runs a hand through her hair. "I knew a Druid when I was little. He was an old man who lived in a shack in the woods with a pet badger. Dad hired him to help break the horses and teach me the Sylvian tounge. He got thrown in the dungeons though. One of the guards told me he had turned into an eagle to watch through the widow as my father and Lady Drake indulged in the pleasures of the marriage bed. I think the guy was messing with me though, and the man must of done something horrible."

She shoots Ashii an inquisitive glance. "Can you druids turn into birds? Or is that just a load of hogwash?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 10:22:43 am »

Looking up from his drinking contest, Morazin looks a little confused(and buzzed). "Whaa? Whazzat? So, we decided what we are doiung?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22