Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25763 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
River of Death: Game Thread.
« on: October 28, 2013, 12:51:56 am »

OOC thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132330.0
RP thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132887.0
Lore Post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132330.msg4713960#msg4713960

Current Character Locations
Tree Camp
Vray the Fey Bard, played by Harbingerjm
Morazin the Dragonfire Adept, played by tyrar
Kalnaf, the Bardshall, played by TealNinja
Maru the Wizard Cat, played by maniac
Ashura, the Wu Jen, played by Kansa
Holdron the Oldbarian, played by Nerjin
Sister Alanorwan
Staffan' Raft 1:
Steffan the Bard, played by lawastooshort
-Orc Porter #1, AKA Two-Dog.
-Orc Porter #2, AKA Horse.
-Cargo
-Amber (horse)
Canoe 1:
-Front: Lady Bethany, played by Weirdsound
-Left: Eli the Ranger, played by Dwarmin
-Right: Rohan the Cleric, played by Zako
-Rear: Ashii-Karn the Druid, played by GiglameshDespair
Canoe 2:
-Middle: Orgarr the Mule, played by Remuthra
Dead:
Nobody!
Lost in Space and Time:
Nobody!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:17:15 pm by Grek »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:52:52 am »

Reserved.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:54:34 am »

Reserved.

Game is Open! Go ahead and start posting.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:46 am »

Kalnaf scurries out of the Inn, dodging the paths of fools too ignorant to watch out for him.  He searched for a way to climb up onto the roof of the Inn, even moving some random boxes over.  After finding (or forging) a way up, he perched on the roof overlooking the entrance of the Inn and began singing as he watched for any potentially reliable meatshields traveling companions.  If he was going to head out, he'd better get someone bigger than him to help out.  It's also fun to bark orders.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:24:07 am »

Nerves. Not fear. Paladin's don't do fear.

Lady Bethany Drake had spent months at sea, traveling to a strange land where she may seek her glory uninhibited by those who would look down on her as a bastard or a woman, and now here she was in some backwater outpost standing outside a guild building. The place belonged to the Royal Navigators. With the word 'Royal' in the title, Lady Drake was quite sure somebody inside was of high enough birth to spot the absuridity of an unfavored daughter running around in Paladin's gear.

She took stock of herself one last time before entering. Her hair was tamed (for the moment) by a neat bun, and she wore her freshly polished splint mail armor. She had misplaced her dress during the voyage, and figured that combat gear would make a better impression than formal clothing anyway. With a sigh she swallowed the lump in her throat and entered the building.

Upon seeing somebody who looked like they knew what they were doing, Bethany opened her mouth.

"My name is Lady Bethany of House Drake, and I am a Paladin anointed in the service of my Ancestors, The Dragon Abraxus, And the benevolant gods of the Abraxal Kingdoms." Reminding herself that a Paladin was to be aloof in the presence of merchants and guild folk, Beth quickly caught and withdrew a smile following her introduction, and forced a scowl to set up shop on her face.

"I have come to inquire about the whereabouts of the missing expedition, so that I may gather a band and make an attempt at rescue." She announced solemnly and with a kurt not.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 03:59:55 am »

Steffan had spare cash, and he was pretty determined to use it. He knew there were some jobs going which would fund a few trips into the jungle, and he knew that a few trips into the jungle would probably yield at least two of some hitherto undiscovered specimens, some previously unheard tales or songs, and some until now unsuffered-by-Steffan hideous diseases – and even the diseases would surely be worth a paper or two in the annals of the Royal Society. He knew that Eli would be around – they’d travelled here together – but figured that there was bound to be more adventurers, as much as he disliked the term, looking for the same sort of work. It’d be worth teaming up. Especially if it meant getting a boat a little less rickety than the deathbarge that’d carried them here.

He decided to spend the afternoon drinking, in the hope that something would come up for tomorrow.

If nothing else, he could get a feel for this stinking humid tip.

Spend a couple of gold on drinking and chatting, and Gathering Information – I’ve seen that there was a missing expedition, does anyone have any theories about it? Also, perhaps there might be someone about who could act as a porter for me - I want to go into the jungle and capture a few monkeys or something like that, and don't want to carry them myself.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:03:35 am by lawastooshort »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 04:53:36 am »

Rohan had just gotten off the boat a few minutes ago, and already he was hopelessly and wonderfully lost in the possibilities that lay before him. He had travelled alone to this new world and, as he had spent all his money to get here, was looking for a group of dependable beings to go explore the jungle with. He was, however, not quite sure about where to start looking for said individuals and decided that the best bet was to start with the official sources, namely the local guild.

As he walked over to the front of the building, he took notice of the job board and found a interesting job for finding a lost expedition. An interesting and well paying job at that, which made it all the more appetising due to his lack of funds. He walked in just after a armoured lady and was taken back from the sudden announcement that came from her.

"Oh! Wonderful, I was just about to inquire about that same job! I've been looking for a group to head out on that job as well, and then I stumble upon you in the nick of time."

He blinked, then realised he was being a bit rude and held out his hand to shake with a smile.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! My name's Rohan. It's nice to meet you Bethany! Do you think we can work together perhaps?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 05:03:00 am »

Eli is a sight that draws some odd looks. He's passingly handsome, but terribly shy-if you meet his dark blue eyes, he'll look away-sometimes with a hand to the long scar that runs sideways along his face between his eyes, and down his neck. He's seven feet tall straight, and seems to carry his weight and height easily-always ducking under doors and beams nimbly, almost unconsciously-as if a lifetime of bumped heads has given him some sort of precognition. His skin is light blue, his hair a darker shade-though between the cloak, headband, gloves and heavy vest it's almost as if he's gone to lengths to hide this obvious mark of his heritage.

Those who happen to pass near him, can at times detect the faintest tang of a fresh wind-as if there's an odd draft nearby somewhere.

Eli couldn't suppress a childish smile, if only to himself. This was alot different than wall duty every day, wasn't it? The exotic smells...the strange tastes...even the women seemed more beautiful, or at least they didn't seem to view him with the outsiders disdain. Not that he got many women-Steffan was usually the man who could charm the ears off an Elven maiden, while Eli was relegated to 'wingman'...but, this was the start of a real adventure, wasn't it? Bar hopping and weekend trips into the royal parklands were one thing...

He felt all his former travels would pale in comparison to this one.

He approached the Paladin-looking woman afterwards, as she cast about the bar herself looking for a group to hire for the lost expedition job. As much as he didn't like to admit it, neither he nor Steffan were the roughest of characters. They could use the help-and, he thought the woman could probably use theirs. She didn't seem the sort to know the wilds.

Eli had known a few Paladins-while some were good, most seem to think he was some sort of Demon. He almost always got the 'I'm using detect alignment on you' stare from first glance. So he was perhaps, more nervous than usual.

He looked back at her with some effort. He had taken in her nature and habits earlier, as best he could-he didn't consider it spying...not exactly. It had surprised him, for he felt there were almost two people clad in the same armor-one, the dour Paladin, the other just a pleasant woman. Just a few little things-a woman who tied her hair that tight into a bun, for example, did not do so all the time. Business attire, designed to mask femininity. She seemed to be nervous, but displayed a measured confidence that impressed him. And, he noticed a look on her face-or perhaps he was merely imagining it, having seen it in the mirror so often. It was the look of someone who had something to prove-and a desire to be judged beyond their face.

He was about to speak, when a young fellow-with an enthusiasm that seemed to match his own-appeared from a different direction, offering the same. Inwardly, he breathed a bit easier. It was, to Eli, a person you could like at first glance.

"...indeed, it seems we've all got similar plans." He said to the pair, eyes casting away-one hand idly touching his face. "My name is Eli Ockerbie. How about we all have a seat and discuss it over a good meal?" He said, in a businesslike manner. It might have come off as taciturn and somewhat cold, though he hadn't meant it to. Usually Steffan did the talking...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:16:23 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:17:26 am »

Suddenly, a sixteen foot gray-skinned barbarian appears from where he  had been sitting drinking behind the inn, and comes over to introduce himself.

"GREETINGS, I ORGARR SNOWCRUSHER! YOU NEED MUSCLE, I HELP!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:33:42 am »

Eli felt better now that he wasn't the strangest looking person in the room.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 06:47:43 am »

Leaning against the wall of the inn, Ashii's handbell gave a soft chime as she slid it into her pack. Silently she walked up to the Paladin. She nodded, but looked around doubtfully at the elemental and the huge stone giant.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:13 am »

Morazin looks up from the bar at the commotion. Huh, some things are as dependable as time, one of them being death, another being the bluntness of a paladin. He didn't have any real interest in finding fools who had gone out unprepared for the dangers of the jungle, but he had no better plans so he gets up and wanders over. "Heyla! My name's Morazin, adventurer and apprentice mapmaker! You might need a good map to get around(though none exist as of yet!), and I'm bored sitting around, so..."

((I take it we'll all decide to go on mission 2, fugire out there's too many, and split off? Works for me))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 09:46:46 am »

"A mapmaker you say?"  Morazin looks to the sound of the voice but just sees a sleek black cat, settling down after jumping up onto a table.  Then the cat speaks again.  "You interest me, strange human.  Geography is my own reason for being in this... quaint little hamlet." The cat lies on the table, swishing her tail lightly as she stares into Morazin's soul with green eyes.  "I have a well rounded education in the subtle science of cartography and you seem to possess a pair of crudely adequate hands.  You should make for an acceptable companion.  Now, the place for us to start is by exploring the local area around this settlement.  Have you heard anything about the beastly creatures harassing the woodsmen?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:31 am »

"Is tha' a talkin' cat?" An old balding man stood up from nearby before staggering over to the group forming. "Yep. Tha's a talking cat! I like this wine a'ready!" Taking a small drink from one of his many bottles he took a look at the group "Hm... This seems like a adventure in the makin' ay? If ye be needin' the help o' a paladin prince I be willin' and ready."

Turning towards Eli "Hm... You need a nip lad? Ye seem a might bit cold." Offering the bottle of wine in his hand to the Air elemental he observed the rest of the group. A fine group so far. Now if only he could remember what it was they were planning to go do. He could swear it had something to do with monkeys. Maybe they were making a circus troupe?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:55 am »

Morazin blinks several times, resisting the urge to rub his eyes in disbelief. A talking cat? That's about the third strangest thing I've ever seen.... "Uh..ah.. yeah! And you are?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22