Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: The Glass Halls - Lack of Interest  (Read 9945 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 8
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2013, 12:28:22 am »

((Bamp, waiting on BFEL. Again.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2013, 03:31:34 am »

skip him?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:45 am »

skip him?
((He did note he was busy.
So this. :P
Make a Common Sense roll.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:22 pm »

I feel like everyone was busy for thanksgiving. There wasn't really any activity in my other RtD as well. I hope everyone had a good time. :)

Turn 9
Tower Status: Roaming

Code: [Select]
|--------|--------|--------|--------|
D0..(1)..D1..(2)..D2..(3)..D3..(4)..D4

Room (1): Maryne, Toom
Room (2): Neil
Room (3): Tiberias, Abram
Room (4): Ross

[4] Tiberias found another shotgun on a different body, and took the magazine off of that one. He heard the others doing something at the doorway. This annoyed him because they were hardly prepared for any possible threat, and yet the crazy guy was already running around almost trying to get himself killed.

[4] Abram tried to stop Guy from doing more stupid things, but the lad had already started running around the other room. Upset, he simply grabbed a body off of the floor, made sure it didn't have anything important on it, found a potentially useful keychain, and then tossed the body into the room. In zero-G, the body simply floated through without falling.

[1] Guy heard something flying behind him. His friends were coming! He stretched out his arms to greet the strange creature he saw. It looked like a massive hand, covered in scaly tissue and connected to the air vents from where it came via a tentacle-like appendage. It had five arms with eight finger-like appendages each, which it used to grasp the mouse-like creatures on the floor and move itself around. This was Mr. Hand.

Mr. Hand, however, seemed to be afraid of Guy and started calling his mice back into the vent, dragging himself back up the wall by grabbing them with his arms. Guy ran up after Mr. Hand into the vent and out of sight.

[2] Ross slowly regained his senses as the light came to his eyes. He had some sort of stingy-mushy stuff in his eyes and mouth, but scrubbing that away, he opened his eyes and saw a spinning person flying at him!

*Doorway D2 opens briefly, then closes.*

[5] Neil carefully disconnected the board from the floor. Nothing happened immedately.
After he reconnected the board, however, the passage swung open with a low humming sound. Neil started walking toward it, but as soon as he started moving, it closed again. Judging from the size and composition of the orb, the motor driving the doorway must have been extremely powerful--and dangerous, if he happened to stick a finger inside as it closed.

[3] His crowbar was made of some kind of polymer, judging from its size and weight. It would make a terrible weapon due to those properties, but a handgun should be more than enough unless there was a serious threat inside this structure.

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

[4] Maryne hid in the shadows behind one of the hanging light sources, becoming mostly hidden. With Toom acting as a sort of... decoy, she watched the vents for any sign of movement, ready to fire if there was a threat.

[4] Toom went from body to body, grabbing what he could and bringing it to the center of the room. Since there was no gravity, he couldn't exactly stack any of the loot like the woman had told him to... instead, he investigated the crate with the green tarp on it and found that the tarp had magnets on all four ends. He stuck the magnets to each other and set the makeshift bag on the floor, stuffing it full of the supplies he collected.

As he was working, he noticed that Caroline had disappeared. He didn't hear any sort of door moving. The sound that was coming from the vents got louder, however, and something started to emerge from one of the panels on the north side of the room ((relative to the map at the start of the roll)). A hand-like appendage came out first, pulling itself along the wall with a swarm of small scurrying creatures. The hand itself was the size of a human beings, while the scurrying things were mouse-like in appearance and size.

Current Stockpile Contents:
1x Empty storage crate
3x "Gloke" Carbine
5x Handgun
13x Magazines (2x Shotgun, 6x Handgun, 5x Rifle)
3x First Aid Kit
1x Plasma Cutter
22x Frozen Meal
3x Portable Oven
1x Large Case (Contents: 20x Gas Masks)
1x Fuel Container
30x Small Battery Pack

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2013, 03:43:31 pm »

Look around the room for useful stuff.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »

Maryne
Silently wait for the thing to finish exposing itself outside the vents, then shoot it from my hiding spot.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2013, 04:06:01 pm »

((Wait, did I actually notice any of that? I'm somewhat blind here.))

Grab that plasma cutter. Could be useful, you never know.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:56:57 pm by Harry Baldman »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »

((Wait, did I actually notice any of that? I'm somewhat blind here.))

Grab that plasma cutter. Could be useful, you never know.

((You notice that Maryne is no longer moving about. You hear everything that is to be heard (the vent being popped off, the mice running around, etc) but you don't actually see it. Maryne does, though, but I didn't want to split everything into multiple lines.
You'll hopefully get your vision back soon enough.

The plasma cutter is something like this and seems to require a power cord to operate. Your choice. Note that I'm not saying it's a bad idea to carry it around, but that there are trade-offs. ))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:46:34 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2013, 11:58:09 pm »

Retreat a little from the source of the noise. Leave the plasma cutter where it is, grab a first aid kit. Feel around inside it, wonder if there's something that would help with my eyes.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2013, 04:14:48 am »

Attempt to only partially reconnect the board, to see if some combination of hook-ups would open the door and make it stay open.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 9
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2013, 09:48:13 pm »

"whoa, its like Amsterdam all over again!"
Duck. Attempt to move through D3. If its closed knock on it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:51:21 pm by dewboy »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »

((Before rolling, I need to know if you want to enter the new room or not.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2013, 06:43:39 pm »

((Before rolling, I need to know if you want to enter the new room or not.))
Not yet.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 9
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2013, 03:08:15 pm »

((I realized that we are missing Oglaf.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2013, 07:35:43 pm »

Turn 10
Tower Status: Roaming

Code: [Select]
D0..(1)..D1..(2)..D2..(3)..D3..(4)..D4

Room (1): Maryne, Toom
Room (2): Neil
Room (3): Tiberias, Abram
Room (4): Ross

Before proceeding, [4] Tiberias did another pass around the room, inspecting the bodies and walls for anything he could use. In the time he had, he found an oxygen tank, a soldering iron, and a couple of high-energy batteries.

Abram simply waited at the doorway, growing a little impatient as Tiberias spent even more time scavenging.

[1] Ross instinctively ducked, avoiding the body initially. His feet slipped backward as a result of the motion and his unfamiliarity with the environment. He was in some sort of hall with metallic floors, lots of spherical ornaments (including what seemed to be the open doorway in front of him), and most importantly, no gravity. His boots seemed to be magnetic and attached themselves to the floor, preventing him from floating off into the middle of the room.

As he spat out the fluid in his mouth, he felt a blow from behind, hitting his right shoulder and knocking him forward. His boots acted as hinges, causing him to fall and hit his face on the cold, hard, floor. The body which he had just dodged was floating overhead, spinning after ricocheting off of the wall.

*Tiberias and Abram both hear the above situation*

[5] Neil connected the board with the opposite connections in order to see if he could open the doorway by inverting the signal. Surely enough, the door opened whenever the area above the black orb was clear. Covering the circuitry with the floor panel, however, caused the door to close once again. He left the panel off of the sensor and looked through the doorway, seeing two armed personnel watching the next door in the series of rooms that they were in.

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

[6] Toom found a box with a cross shape etched into the surface. Figuring that it was a first aid kit, he helped himself to his contents and removed a syringe of saline solution, which he used to rinse his eyes out. His vision was much better, now, as he could see, although his vision was still slightly blurred.

There was a figure coming out of one of the vents. To Toom, it looked like some sort of thin worm with a large set of mandibles in the front, but he couldn't make out any details.

[2] Maryne waited for the whole of the creature to expose itself. It kept coming... and coming... and coming... the creature must be incredibly long, as the "arm" of the creature was still relatively taut.
The "hand" started inspecting bodies. It wasn't eating them or dissecting them, at least yet, but it was rolling them over and investigating the magnetic boots which kept the bodies still attached to the floor.

Current Stockpile Contents:
1x Empty storage crate
3x "Gloke" Carbine
5x Handgun
13x Magazines (2x Shotgun, 6x Handgun, 5x Rifle)
3x First Aid Kit
1x Plasma Cutter
22x Frozen Meal
3x Portable Oven
1x Large Case (Contents: 20x Gas Masks)
1x Fuel Container
30x Small Battery Pack

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11