Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: The Glass Halls - Lack of Interest  (Read 9948 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 5
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »

Grab a shotgun.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2013, 10:10:29 pm »

Maryne

"That can't be good."
Walk up to the ceiling, then walk on the ceiling for a few steps into the room. then sit perfectly still and silent, shotgun at the ready.

Now then, lets see if he will be of any use.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2013, 02:39:41 am »

Quietly crawl to a wall, put my back to it. Try not to make any noises.

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »

((So it seems like the part we're in is now fully lit? And that there's also something(s) headed our way, and something else nasty in that new room))

Loot corpses for weapons first. One shotgun and a pistol for a pocket, including a sling or a holster if I find any. Inspect corpses to see if I can figure out the cause of the deaths (though I think it's already been said a gas killed most of them). Take any potentially useful items, such as backpacks, food, bandages, electronics that could hold information, etc. if I find them. Then stand off toward the side, near the walls.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2013, 02:08:12 pm »

((The lights are in the other room, but this room is relatively well-lit now because of it.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »

(Bump

EDIT: What the person below me said)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:38:53 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2013, 06:56:23 pm »

Krath, BFEL, you haven't posted turns yet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2013, 08:40:35 pm »

(I would have bumped this sooner but my weekdays tend to be rather busy during Mondays and Tuesdays so I kind of... forgot to.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2013, 03:02:42 pm »

Guy attempts to orient himself back onto his walking feets. In a FRIENDLY manner.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »

Turn 7
Tower Status: Roaming

[1] Tiberias started to grab a shotgun off of a nearby body, but as he unslung it he found that the grip and receiver were coated with a mixture of blood and condensed blue gas. He kept it despite this.

[2+1] As the noises drew closer, Abram hurried around the room, collecting weapons and equipment from bodies.

*Found Locked Cell Phone x3*
*Found Cell Phone*
*Found Manta DMR*
*Found First Aid Kit*

Abram failed to locate any food or advanced medical equipment. Perhaps someone else had them.

Guy tried to jump back onto his feets, but since his feet were anchored to thr ground through magnetism, he only slid across the floor and made a loud scratching noise.

The noises from the other room came closer. Abram spotted a single black mouse-like creature crawling through the doorway.

--

Neil did not do anything this turn, but gets two actions next turn.

He heard a rumbling come from the ceiling, and a spherical fixture protruding from the ceiling opened like an eye, revealing something highly luminous from inside, lighting up the room in a manner similar to daylight.

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

--

Toom sat against a wall and kept his pistols firmly in his grip. He perceived that the room was becoming lit again as he saw bright red through his eyelids.

Maryne saw a round object that appeared to be hanging from the ceiling (sticking out from her point of view, since she was upside-down with respect to the floor) which opened and lit the room. She was briefly impressed at the architecture of the room. All of the doors and... lamps were spheres with inset gold-colored patterns. The Walls were white but slightly reflective, while the floor looked like solid gold. There were two arch like structures one-third and two-thirds of the way through the room, attached to the ceiling with and narrowing down to pillars at floor level.

*There is a trickling sound. It appears to be coming from the ventilation covers along the wall.*

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »

Unload shotgun, then clean it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2013, 07:42:50 pm »

Maryne

First, my eyes rapidly sweep over the newly-lit area, checking for motion.
Next, assuming nothing is moving other than the person I've *rescued*, I look over the place, remaining totally silent, and estimate the body count and note anything dangerous or valuable from a utility standpoint. ignore the gold/silver/etc.
Finally, I move to the nearest vent and look inside it, my shotgun at the ready. I pay close attention to what I'm smelling and breathing as I do, and if it seems to change or become odd, I back away rapidly.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:02:03 pm by Lenglon »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2013, 08:50:29 pm »

Maryne

First, my eyes rapidly sweep over the newly-lit area, checking for motion.
Next, assuming nothing is moving other than the person I've *rescued*, I look over the place, remaining totally silent, and estimate the body count and note anything dangerous or valuable from a utility standpoint. ignore the gold/silver/etc.
Finally, I make sure my gas mask is securely in place before moving to the nearest vent and looking inside it, my shotgun at the ready.

((I don't recall giving you guys gas masks. You would be sent in without them under the assumption that the atmosphere is breathable throughout the entire structure, based on preliminary studies.

If I said anywhere, though, that you have gas masks then just point me there. I tend to be forgetful at times.

EDIT: Abram has a "face mask" in the first post, but I intended it to be more like a balaclava or some kind of protection rather than a full fledged gas mask. Sorry :())
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:52:30 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:58 pm »

((ah, sorry, editing action.))

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2013, 09:36:57 pm »

"A rat?. Probably not dangerous given its size, but lets get away from that doorway in case some meaner shit shows up."

Get away from the doorway with the DMR ready to be fired in case something aggressive shows up. Motion for the others to do the same. If nothing else shows up, check that unlocked Samsung for information.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11