Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: The Glass Halls - Lack of Interest  (Read 9943 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 9
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2013, 07:42:37 pm »

Grab the oxygen tank and head over to the other room to investigate the thunking and banging noises.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 10
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2013, 07:48:22 pm »

Observe the two armed men stealthily. Ready the handgun just in case!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:38 pm »

Maryne
Open fire on the tentacle-thing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2013, 06:40:07 am »

"Oh dear. What in God's name is that?"

Steal battery pack, watch the creature.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »

((Waiting on Dewboy. Typing up the rest of the roll for now.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2013, 10:40:16 am »

((could've sworn I posted))

"Ow, that hurt. wha-what are these things? Maybe the LSD hasn't worn off yet"
Continue avoiding the flying body, inspect odd spheres and then move through the doorway.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 11
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2013, 03:54:48 pm »

Turn 11
Tower Status: Roaming

Code: [Select]
|--------|--------|--------|--------|
D0..(1)..D1..(2)..D2..(3)..D3..(4)..D4

Room (1): Maryne, Toom
Room (2): Neil
Room (3): None
Room (4): Ross, Tiberias, Abram

Abram noticed another survivor in the doorway. This particular one was on the floor, so he was probably injured somehow. His hands also happened to be coated in something red. Abram thought this survivor was injured at first but he noticed, upon further inspection, that the person's hands were gloved. That, combined with the fact that he was on the floor implied that some kind of fight hand occurred, most likely one in which there was a mutual exchange of blows.

[4] Tiberias grabbed what he could and moved into a position at the door. He watched the new survivor as Abram picked up another body and threw it through the doorway, this time intentionally aiming for the survivor.
"Pin him down. He might have just killed someone."

Abram and Tiberias moved into the room, weapons drawn.

[2] Ross got up to his knees and looked up at the body that had just hit him from behind. It was spiraling off into the center of the room, away from him. Just as he looked forward, however, Ross was hit with another body that flipped him over backward, causing his head to hit the floor.

Two people with guns walked up to him. One of them set down his rifle and grabbed Ross by the shoulders, while the other surveyed the area in case the monster thing from before was done with Guy.

The room itself had some kind of machine attached to the wall, covered in black panels, switches, and dials. It wasn't active.

*A muffled blast is heard coming from behind (the west side of the map)*

[5] Neil observed that the armed men were investigating something in the next room. It seemed that the room Neil was in was only one out of a series of chambers, possibly leading up to something more significant up ahead. Still, he didn't know why he came here in the first place, nor whether or not these people were with him or against him.

The two people moved into the next room after looting some bodies for weapons and supplies.

*You hear a muffled blast in the room behind you*

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

[6] Toom helped himself to the stockpile's contents, taking a battery pack in case it would be useful, even as a weapon. The batteries were very, very heavy and when thrown they could easily fracture someone's skull.

The tentacle thing appeared to stab one of its mandibles into a dead body on the floor, keeping still for about seven seconds. Afterward, it moved onto the next body. Toom couldn't find the woman he had met earlier anywhere in the room.

[3] Maryne waited for the creature to stab another body and hold still again, then fired at the center of mass. The shotgun's report echoed throughout the room, and the creature itself reacted quite violently to being shot, twitching about for a few moments before suddenly stopping all motion and quietly falling limp. The tentacle coming from the wall did not move at all during this time.

Current Stockpile Contents:
1x Empty storage crate
3x "Gloke" Carbine
5x Handgun
13x Magazines (2x Shotgun, 6x Handgun, 5x Rifle)
3x First Aid Kit
1x Plasma Cutter
22x Frozen Meal
3x Portable Oven
1x Large Case (Contents: 20x Gas Masks)
1x Fuel Container
29x Small Battery Pack

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 11
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2013, 09:12:40 pm »

Talk to the man. "Who are you and why is there blood on your hands?" Continue to look for lifeforms in the nearby area.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »

"W-well I was, ah just trippin on s-some LSD and I passed out ya know? I-I woke up here with these bodies floatin' around and one hit me ya see? This is my blood, I think. Pl-please just put  away the guns, please."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:00:04 pm by dewboy »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2013, 02:05:37 am »

"Oh crap. Gunshots! Who's shooting?"

Ready my gun. Look around for the shooter. If the tentacle makes any sudden and dangerous moves, shoot it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »

Maryne
Fire again into the tentacle thing and see if it twitches in response. if it does, shoot again. repeat. do not leave my hiding spot.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »

((Waiting on Krath))

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2013, 04:13:55 pm »

Well, definitely not going BACK.

Follow after the two men stealthily, keep watching what they're doing.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 12
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2013, 05:21:14 pm »

Turn 12
Tower Status: Roaming

Code: [Select]
D0..(1)..D1..(2)..D2..(3)..D3..(4)..D4

Room (1): Maryne, Toom
Room (2): None
Room (3): Neil
Room (4): Ross, Tiberias, Abram

D4 is a large vault door with a glowing image of what looks like a key with a triangular profile.

[Auto] Abram left his gun on the ground and took a closer look at Ross' hands. The liquid on his hands didn't actually look like blood, but more like an uneven slush of red material.
"This isn't blood. What is it, stranger?"

[6] "It's not?" Ross replied. He was still tripping, although he could still make out the texture of the stuff on his hands and verify that it wasn't his own blood. His sense of pain was dulled, so he assumed he had simply hurt himself when the armed people told him he had blood on his hands.

He brought up his fists to investigate, and as it turned out, the pixie dust he had taken out before he blacked out was now soggy and moist. It tasted horrible, so he spat it out.

"Aye, it's just pixie dust. You're welcome to try some if you'd like..."

[5] Tiberias gave Ross a condescending glance before scanning the room for any other signs of life. For now, everything was still in this room.

There was a large circular plate on the far side of the room, covered with smaller panels and mechanisms. On its center, there was a lit image of some triangular outline with ridges on one side. It vaguely resembled a key.

*Tiberias hears door D1 open. He barely hears it as it is far away.*

[6] Neil carefully approached the party in front of him. He made it across most of room 3 when the doorway far behind him opened up. He hoped that the people he followed didn't hear, because he was standing directly along the room's center-line and would be clearly visible if they looked to check and investigate the door and the previous blast from before.

*Datapad vibrates briefly*

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 2 (click to show/hide)

[1] Toom backed away from the stockpile in order to locate the shooter and prevent himself from being flanked. As he walked backward, though, he heard something move behind him with such great force and speed that he jumped immediately upon hearing it and almost lost his balance. As he turned around, he saw that it was just a an automatic doorway, albeit an odd sort of spherical one which rotated in order to obstruct or open up the passageway.
He still couldn't find the shooter anywhere at ground level. The tentacles did not move.

[4] Maryne observed Toom backing up and scanning the room for the shooter. He didn't see her yet, although this time he was alerted.

Regardless, she fired again at the creature. It absorbed he blast and started drifting backward a little, no longer holding on to the mouse-like creatures now scurrying about aimlessly on the ground.

Current Stockpile Contents:
1x Empty storage crate
3x "Gloke" Carbine
5x Handgun
13x Magazines (2x Shotgun, 6x Handgun, 5x Rifle)
3x First Aid Kit
1x Plasma Cutter
22x Frozen Meal
3x Portable Oven
1x Large Case (Contents: 20x Gas Masks)
1x Fuel Container
29x Small Battery Pack

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »

"Hey, did you guys hear a door open? Let's go check it out."

Head towards the noise.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11