Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: The Glass Halls - Lack of Interest  (Read 9949 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 5
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2013, 01:02:54 am »

((Waiting on BFEL, Krath, and Harry Baldman))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2013, 02:59:36 am »

Well hey, light helps. As long as it's not trying to kill me. First thing's first, use my new crowbar to try and pry open the panel in front of the door.

If that's successful, move on into the corridor. Carefully. If not, access the new apps on my datapad and reference what they can do. Specifically, the File Explorer.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2013, 05:52:34 am »

Listen carefully. What do I hear now? Noises from all around me, listen for various ambient, far-off noises as well.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »

BFEL hasn't posted in my RTD in the last several days as well, and he's the only person who hasn't posted yet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

((Oops, sorry for holding this up, was playing a lot of Xcom. In the future just assume I do something wacky if I'm the last to not post))

Try and form group from the friends around me.

"HIIIII Friends! We should go on an ADVENTURE!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2013, 06:43:40 pm »

((You posted literally just as I was about to finish the roll. Well then.))

Turn 8
Tower Status: Roaming

[3] Tiberias, remembering what he could about gun safety, released the magazine from the weapon and ejected the last shell still inside the chamber. The unused shell flew off faster than he could react to catch it. Then, he rubbed the grips and receiver against his clothes in order to get the blood off. Finished, he came up to Abram's side and fixed his sights on the small black mouse.

[6] Abram motioned to get away from the door, in case there was something more dangerous that was producing the sound. After all, why would it be running?

The mouse squealed and ran back out of sight. The trickling and sucking noises came much closer. A tendril with a blue glowing end started poking through, but both Abram and Tiberias fired reflexively--and missed. The tendril slipped back and the noises stopped.

[1] Guy, startled by the loud bangs from Abram and Tiberias' gunfire, jumped up and saw that it was now lit. He decided to form a group from the friends around him.
"HIIIII Friends! We should go on an ADVENTURE!"
Still screaming, he ran through the circular doorway that the other two had just fired at. Once he got through, he started yelling as though he found something.
"HI MR. HAND!"

[4] Neil poked around his datapad looking for useful programs and information, such as information on where he was and how the structure worked.

Unfortunately, his tablet had no root access, and the file explorer didn't seem to work as it requested access on startup. He also couldn't find any text documents from within a few months.

Out of luck, he proceeded to try to pry open the panel in front of the circular doorway. He heard loud bangs from behind it that sounded somewhat like gunshots. That probably meant there were people on the other side.
The crowbar wouldn't easily enter the seam between the floor and the panel. After some work, though, he managed to work the panel out by about a millimeter. It did not deform easily to create a spot for the bar to dig into, so it took some more time to finally lift the entire panel out. It revealed a reflective black dome embedded into a pocket below the floor, as well as some copper-tinted structures that resembled wires, or at least casings for them. Everything was fixed to a white board made of some plastic material, which he lifted out. There were four electrodes on the ground underneath the board and four corresponding electrodes on the underside of the board.

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

[4] Maryne started counting the bodies laying around the room. Other than Toom and herself, there were fourteen bodies scattered around the floor, all arranged in various positions due to the zero-G. All wore military uniforms with yellow/brown camouflage with basic equipment and supplies. There was also a crate attached to the ground in the middle of the center path, which was covered in a green tarp.

She then climbed up to the ventilation shafts and pointed her shotgun down into it, carefully watching for movement. There actually appeared to be a swarm of small, rodent-like creatures moving through the shafts, although something heavier seemed to be pulling its way through judging from the sounds.

Toom you hear the woman you talked to earlier walking around... on the wall. You also hear the strange noise getting louder. It seems to be coming from all sides of the room, but it's loudest overhead.

He heard two bangs before, coming from one side of the room as if through the wall (the front side from now on).

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:45:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 8
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2013, 06:58:59 pm »

Um, why is it turn 8 all of a sudden?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2013, 07:10:01 pm »

((I forgot to update the title for rolls 6 and 7))

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »

oh, alright. You had me confused for a second there.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2013, 09:20:36 pm »

Find more shotgun ammo
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »

Get Guy to shut up before he attracts more things. Toss a body in that room to appease whatever might be in there, then get the hell out and try to find some other area to explore that doesn't have monsters in it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2013, 09:36:54 pm »

Maryne

Look at myself and the dupe (He said his name was... Toom, right? yeah, Toom), are we also wearing the same uniforms as the bodies?
"There's something in the vents, I need you to collect all the ,weapons, ammo, and other usefull gear from the bodies in this room and pile them up in the middle, I'll be watching for whatever is crawling around in there and keep you covered while you do."
Go to the ceiling directly above one of the hanging light sources, and then shift to standing on it, hidden in the shadows behind the bright light source to practical invisibility. keep the shotfun ready in case the larger creature reveals itself or the dupe gets wise.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2013, 01:21:48 am »

Look at myself and the dupe (He said his name was... Toom, right? yeah, Toom), are we also wearing the same uniforms as the bodies?

((You are))

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:52 am »

Remove the electrodes one by one, replacing them as I go, to see if anything changes. I should uh...probably find something non-conductive around here, too.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2013, 01:50:50 am »

"Will do, yeah. Not like they'll need any of them, right?"

Loot all the dead people, stack the spoils high. Try my best not to be unsettled.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11