Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134832 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Superblackcat, it's hard for me to think about the outcome of D1 and N1.  I'm mostly feeling and trying to stop it, because though emotion can be very useful, I need to focus that away from those I absolutely know are Town in order to try and find Scum.  you think it's more of a Squill type thing to do

Whups, slightly butchered that.  Here's how it should have read, and what the actual question is:

Superblackcat, Explain please, why you think it's more of a Squill type thing to do, and when you say 'it's', do you mean the selection of Persus13 as N1 kill or something else?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

If nobody ish going to replaace in then I'm volunteering if it affects the game for far too long.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, what is your thoughts on these outcomes? Especially directed to Imp and MrZero, as kleril came up vanilla. There was noone that suspected Persus or anything... So it makes me think it's more off a Squill type thing to do. However, This is all speculation.

The lynch? Not surprising, i didn't have him on my radar cause he didn't send me scum vibes.
The NK? I'm not exactly sure, but i feel that they eliminated a 'nobody' cause eliminating the high aggressors may have a very suspicious outcome.

Mr.Zero, are you tunneling on Superblackcat?  There's scummy, and then there's Scum.  Are you after him because you see scummy, or have ID'd him as Scum?  Where's that line for you?

Tunneling? Maybe... There's just something fishy about him. I've learned that trusting your gut is alright, but you cannot vote on that alone though. Anyhow...

@Rolepegeek
The reason i didn't vote for you or not suspect you immediately is because you played similar to what i saw in other BM's in my past. You could've filled two spots with that style. Townie Power role or scum in hiding.

Why didn't you vote at the end of the day, or earlier?

From post #158 to #227, you haven't posted a single thing alright?

You then come back, mention procrastinating, shoot a half-assed post of little town value (You even mention me being scum and don't even bother to pressure me by FOS or a Vote) and then ride off into the darkness of the night to pop up again asking for a replacement.

WHY wouldn't you scumhunt?, it only hurts town if you are town but helps scum if you are scum.

To clarify; I would not night-kill them based solely on their experience. I would try to night-kill in such a way to sow dissent and confusion, and killing the ICs doesn't necessarily do that.

Well, i'm very sure that Persus13 NK is confusing, what do you say about this statement of yours?

Looking trough your posts it seems that you are( or were) more busy with Imp's personal attacks (Which i don't see as personal attacks, hell it's like the best tool to crack a person and damn did he crack.), than trying to accomplish something reasonable.

@SBC

Oh boy, you played your filthy fake buddying card well. Even if only for a bit , you've managed to screw over Kleril. What will you try to accomplish for this day?

@Deathsword
Do i or we, need to start slamming the prodding stick to get some more activity out of you? Do you actually even care? Cause i'm not sure if i should see you as town or scum.

Nooooo, tiruin. You'll doom us all.
Durrr..

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2013, 06:55:11 am »

Also, I'll be open to an extension if something happens in the next 6 hours, but right now, I'm looking forward to learning some new info (of course, knowing my luck, I'm going to get killed by the mafia because I said that)
Well I guess I shouldn't have said that. Good luck to you all in the search.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

If nobody ish going to replaace in then I'm volunteering if it affects the game for far too long.
Can you do votecounts and stuff this week?  :) I'm suuuuper busy.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Can you do votecounts and stuff this week?  :) I'm suuuuper busy.
I don't even...

:I

Tau Callista
1:29 AM
Tuesday

Packing Room 53

The wind, cold and calm, blows through the area. ZOM-B's scanners glow faintly in the air as the moisture warps their lining, indicating which and where the robots' trackers were aimed.

A gong rings in the silence, hollow and mournful, and a tiny, iridescent orb floats into the room. It projects a screen holding up each and every robot's identification signs, as well as their manufacturer and bar code.

A timer clicks.

It is a new day, and a new day for vigilance.

Imp
  Squill
  Rolepgeek - Imp
  Superblackcat - Mr.Zero
  Mr.Zero
  Deathsword
  Darvi
Extend - 0/3
Shorten - 0/4

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I am sorry for disappearing for the last two D1 days, but I got some unknown disease and spent both those days constantly under fever and vomiting. Luck is not with me this time.

{It is D2 now. As you are well aware, someone died within the night, which means mafia made the kill. However, it is pointless to speculate on what happened or the reasons, for only the mod and those involved in the actions know what really happened, and it results in nothing but WIFOM. Focus on the posts from D1, as well as those from this very day}

SBC
Anyway, what is your thoughts on these outcomes? Especially directed to Imp and MrZero, as kleril came up vanilla. There was noone that suspected Persus or anything... So it makes me think it's more off a Squill type thing to do. However, This is all speculation.
Elaborate, please. Also, people suspected Persus predecessor for massively scummy actions, actions which still reflected on him.

Imp: If you got nothing better to do with your vote, as you claim here:
Rolepgeek, I've got this vote and no better use for it right now.  If you're dead there's no need to replace your spot; and from close to start of play you've not really done much that seems pro-Town to me.  Your behavior isn't that bad of a Scum cover either.  I'm far from sure you're Scum but I'm far from sure you're Town either, so for the moment this works for me.  As long as you're seeking replacement I'm not going to ask you anything.
Then why not use it to pressure someone who can actually answer you? It seems as if you want to vote someone but don't really care who, and Rolepgeek provides a nice, safe target.

Also, someone asked at some point, I can't seem to find the post, for an example of previous play from me. Here it is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Rolepgeek, I've got this vote and no better use for it right now.  If you're dead there's no need to replace your spot; and from close to start of play you've not really done much that seems pro-Town to me.  Your behavior isn't that bad of a Scum cover either.  I'm far from sure you're Scum but I'm far from sure you're Town either, so for the moment this works for me.  As long as you're seeking replacement I'm not going to ask you anything.
That's an extremely poor idea. Until I'm replaced, I am going to continue to play to the best of my ability. You shouldn't vote someone based on 'meh, nothing better to do'. Vote someone for pressure, for RVS, or to get them lynched. It's not RVS anymore, it's not pressure since you aren't going to ask me anything, which means all that's left is lynch votes. But you aren't sure I'm scum. So why vote me? There's no point to it.
@Rolepegeek
The reason i didn't vote for you or not suspect you immediately is because you played similar to what i saw in other BM's in my past. You could've filled two spots with that style. Townie Power role or scum in hiding.

Why didn't you vote at the end of the day, or earlier?

From post #158 to #227, you haven't posted a single thing alright?

You then come back, mention procrastinating, shoot a half-assed post of little town value (You even mention me being scum and don't even bother to pressure me by FOS or a Vote) and then ride off into the darkness of the night to pop up again asking for a replacement.

WHY wouldn't you scumhunt?, it only hurts town if you are town but helps scum if you are scum.

To clarify; I would not night-kill them based solely on their experience. I would try to night-kill in such a way to sow dissent and confusion, and killing the ICs doesn't necessarily do that.

Well, i'm very sure that Persus13 NK is confusing, what do you say about this statement of yours?

Looking trough your posts it seems that you are( or were) more busy with Imp's personal attacks (Which i don't see as personal attacks, hell it's like the best tool to crack a person and damn did he crack.), than trying to accomplish something reasonable.
>.> I just don't really use the Blue. I use dark-thingy, so it's painful to look at anyway, and I don't see how it pressures someone anymore than the same thing without blue. I didn't vote anyone because I didn't have reason to. Or rather, I didn't have time to see who I should vote for, since I didn't have the extra two hours(well, one) that I thought I would that day.

As for the Persus NK and my statement, that means the scum is playing smart, is all. All scum would want to confuse us. It makes it harder to find them. Or of course, they could be trying to shove suspicion on me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

Persus has been middle of the road, not many people suspected him, I sure didn't suspect him. Even after Luke, After it got transfered to Persus, no one thought he was really scum, but at the same time, no one though he was really town.

Squill has been trying to, and succeeding, to remain under the radar. And that, It seems, is an under the radar thing.

MrZ: Elaborate please? None of you guys (Hopefully) Voted kleril for "buddying" me, you guys voted him for his reaction. At least that's what I hope. This is the continuation of the d1 vote, as nothing has made MrZ less scummy. He also did not explain his attack on me.

@RPG why is killing persus confusing?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

I'm really sorry I haven't been posting more, but I'm still mulling things over, and I have to leave for school in a few minutes.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deathsword.  I'm seriously disappointed in you now, in you as a player and in you as an 'example of how to play', which is what I believed an IC would act as.

You're acting like you have this 'right to lurk', and you absolutely don't.

Just look at your posts on lurker - This whole game you've only made 11.  I double checked them all;  two of the 11 have been only use of IC voice, and including those, 5 of them have had nothing I can recognize in any fashion as scumhunting.  I'm being really generous in this assessment.  Anything resembling a question, anything resembling analysis; anything more than answering questions, apologies, or IC voice I'm calling 'scumhunting' - it doesn't seem to be a joke, and even if it is, I'm calling it garbage.  Your activity and effort in this game, at least inside this thread, has been poor and steadily getting worse.  I'm calling you on it.

Last week you posted -once-.  And that post contained NO scumhunting.

I am sorry for disappearing for the last two D1 days

We don't need apologies from you.  If you're Town we need help.  If you're a rolemodel, Town or not, we need an example of good play, which you are NOT giving us.

Now, last BM, you were Scum IC.  Presuming you -are- both Deathsword and Scumsword, in private chat those lucky scums got the benefit of 36 of your posts in just 39 days.  And here's what one of them says:

DO NOT, this is important, DO NOT speculate on night events. Focus on day and the day only. If someone starts speculating on the night, call them out on WIFOM. If they freak out, put pressure on them, ask why they got nervous. If not, just scumhunt as usual. 

Why, and for that matter, how dare you coddle your Scum that game with protective and helpful advice, and give us filth, with your IC voice, no less?  In the ongoing Witches Coven, the lack of a N1 kill got brief discussion.  The two N2 kills got discussion.  It's not the only thing being discussed by any means, but it's certainly not a taboo topic.

Night kills, even N1 kills, get some attention in Supernatural 1, 2 and 5.  Supernatural 3 and 4 discusses the lack of night kills (and 4 talks more about the ressurection of the D1 lynch).  Point being, players that look more experienced than us talk about night kills, or the lack of them, if they see reason to.  And -Scumsword-... aka Deathsword, are you not?... saw fit to explicitly and strongly warn his Scum off of talking about their night kill, "DO NOT, this is important, DO NOT" and instructed them to attack and stop anyone who speculated about it.  Why?  Because this is very dangerous for the Scum, who are the only players in the game who don't have to guess why and what the thought processes are?  And you dare try to use your IC voice to take away our belief in our freedom to talk about it like the more experienced players do should we choose?

Two BMs ago, you were IC and scum, and you lurked there too.  Got sick there too.

I'm currently very sick, I'll get another post with non-IC content tonight.

I'm really sorry your health's so bad you've gotten seriously sick twice in the same year.  Even without being sick people called for prods on you and complained about your inactivity.

{I won't be able to get that post out after all.}

Even there, as Scum, you're making excuses in your IC voice.  I didn't distrust your IC voice, but I do now, as I do everything else about you.  From what I see, your play is tainted.  You're treating the game itself with disrespect and disregard.  I know all about being busy - I work 40 hours a week and am going to school almost full time.  I work in a lab now and didn't get home until after 10 PM because we have an inspection tomorrow.  Life's tough for everyone, yet you play game after game with garbage... oh, but you find or make time for your Scum when you were Scum IC.  Shame on you, giving -this game- so little.  Do better or die in this game, Deathsword.

Now lets talk about votes, since you disapprove so much of how I currently use mine.

Then why not use it to pressure someone who can actually answer you? It seems as if you want to vote someone but don't really care who, and Rolepgeek provides a nice, safe target.

The only way you can make that claim about how I use my vote, and how I use pressure, is to disregard how I have played this game so far.  Considering how -you- have played this game so far, I'm not surprised at you at all.

I -am- using it on someone who -can- actually answer me.  But how are you using yours? You're not really scumhunting with your vote on me, because you're not really working or thinking, you're either just randomly pushing - taking the easy out that you accuse me of - or you're actively trying to control how I use my vote.  Shame on you for either, you IC jerk.   My vote is -mine-.  The pressure I place is -mine- to use as I see fit, be that pressure with words gentle, harsh, or supported at the time or later with a vote.  Get into this game and play, be the role model and player in this game that you are supposed to be, or die here for your failings.

Oh, hi there, Rolepgeek.  So...

That's an extremely poor idea. Until I'm replaced, I am going to continue to play to the best of my ability.

Is how you have been playing 'to the best of your ability'?

No...no, no, shit, I can't do it. I can't get the time and I'm getting too emotional to play. Well, that, and I can't get into the right mindset. I can't look deeply into posts, all I can do is stare at them. It's frustrating. I'm gonna have to ask for a replacement, sorry guys. Should have done this a while ago. I'll still answer questions and such, I just...I can't work up the motivation. Sorry.

This is the best of your ability?  Your end of D1 post, more evidence of the best of your ability?

I don't have school tomorrow. HOWEVER, turns out I don't have extra time to do stuff, because I still have to get up at the same time.

Sorry. >.> Not planned.

You keep telling us stuff like this -

Alright. I dislike having to do this again, but I can't do anything today, really, because I've been dealing with a lot of drama. Tomorrow I hope to be able to do a nice large post with the various things I want to say on it.

And internet will shut off soon, so I need to cut this post short, though there may be a follow up.

Alright, well, as a stopgap measure I'm gonna try to answer questions at the least on my IPad.

Gah. Sorry. I have like two minutes to do this. I got a girlfriend. >.> I really wish I could respond, but when I say two minutes, I mean my internet will shut down in two minutes, and I'd rather not give hasty answers, and I'd rather not not post. I'll vote for an extend, too.

Now, this is your weekend too.  You've essentially told us you have drama issues, time issues, distraction in the form of new girlfriend issues - heck, you probably have other issues you're not bothering to mention, I know I do.  Relaxing and doing what you please is a big part of handling stress.

I figured, as I'm answering everyone else, lets make sure I didn't miss anything from you, so I checked your recent posts to be sure.

Dang!  32 posts elsewhere since you last posted here.  One of them impressive things has over 1000 words in it.  Are you surely sure you mean what you say when you say stuff like "Tomorrow I hope to be able to do a nice large post with the various things I want to say on it."[/spoiler]

I know what you've been showing all game.  And you still find time to play elsewhere, post dozens of posts in other DF threads in the last couple of days... Oh you have focus and you have self control, you just -won't- use it for this game now.  Maybe cause you're Scum.  For sure Scum can just skate through this game, and that's the kind of crud you're doing.  You're acting like Scum.  You have pages of posts to somehow manage to read, you have this entire game that you signed up for to play.  Do it.  Right now it seems pointless to question you - you're claiming you can't even read the thread.  Play, or die here.  You've got total control over your own behavior.

I'm really sorry I haven't been posting more, but I'm still mulling things over, and I have to leave for school in a few minutes.

Squill...

...That's alright.  There's no rush for -anyone- to post at any specific time or day.  It's overall patterns.  Patterns of play and attention and involvement and intention... especially intention, that's maybe the truest way to find the Scum?  It seems to be how Scum have been found, and why they haven't been found, in some of the other games.

Superblackcat:  What's your take on all this?  The whole of it or little pieces of it, whatever you think is most important?  You, among others in this game, you've been to a D2 before.  What are we supposed to be doing now, and how?  Are you doing the best scumhunting you can?

To everyone....  You can't all be Scum.  Most of us have to be Town.  Town needs each Townperson's help or Town's probably gonna be lost.  This is our packing room 53.  Don't lurk.  Don't coast.  You joined this game to play - play.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I am not, and at no point have I ever stated this. To the point I actually apologized for my low activity. How in any way is that acting as if I had a right to lurk?

Now, last BM, you were Scum IC.  Presuming you -are- both Deathsword and Scumsword, in private chat those lucky scums got the benefit of 36 of your posts in just 39 days.  And here's what one of them says:

DO NOT, this is important, DO NOT speculate on night events. Focus on day and the day only. If someone starts speculating on the night, call them out on WIFOM. If they freak out, put pressure on them, ask why they got nervous. If not, just scumhunt as usual. 

Why, and for that matter, how dare you coddle your Scum that game with protective and helpful advice, and give us filth, with your IC voice, no less?  In the ongoing Witches Coven, the lack of a N1 kill got brief discussion.  The two N2 kills got discussion.  It's not the only thing being discussed by any means, but it's certainly not a taboo topic.

Night kills, even N1 kills, get some attention in Supernatural 1, 2 and 5.  Supernatural 3 and 4 discusses the lack of night kills (and 4 talks more about the ressurection of the D1 lynch).  Point being, players that look more experienced than us talk about night kills, or the lack of them, if they see reason to.  And -Scumsword-... aka Deathsword, are you not?... saw fit to explicitly and strongly warn his Scum off of talking about their night kill, "DO NOT, this is important, DO NOT" and instructed them to attack and stop anyone who speculated about it.  Why?  Because this is very dangerous for the Scum, who are the only players in the game who don't have to guess why and what the thought processes are?  And you dare try to use your IC voice to take away our belief in our freedom to talk about it like the more experienced players do should we choose?
{I stand by my advice that speculating about the night is useless to either town or scum. You have the right to disagree. I fully believe in what I said about it, both as scum and as town. There are others who disagree, and like doing that. It is their call. Being a scum IC is actually pretty easy, as you do not have to think as a player, you do not have to scumhunt}

Two BMs ago, you were IC and scum, and you lurked there too.  Got sick there too.

I'm currently very sick, I'll get another post with non-IC content tonight.

I'm really sorry your health's so bad you've gotten seriously sick twice in the same year.  Even without being sick people called for prods on you and complained about your inactivity.

{I won't be able to get that post out after all.}
I do not like to give much details about my personal life, but I'll say this: my health is complete and utter shit. I get sick quite frequently, whenever the air gets somewhat dry it feels as if my nose if trying to rip itself from the rest of my face and I've had to do two complete lung collapses (for absolutely no reason either) in the same year. When I say I am unable to post, it's because I really am, especially where my health is concerned.

Even there, as Scum, you're making excuses in your IC voice.  I didn't distrust your IC voice, but I do now, as I do everything else about you.  From what I see, your play is tainted.  You're treating the game itself with disrespect and disregard.  I know all about being busy - I work 40 hours a week and am going to school almost full time.  I work in a lab now and didn't get home until after 10 PM because we have an inspection tomorrow.  Life's tough for everyone, yet you play game after game with garbage... oh, but you find or make time for your Scum when you were Scum IC.  Shame on you, giving -this game- so little.  Do better or die in this game, Deathsword.
Being a scum IC is actually pretty easy, as you do not have to think as a player, you do not have to scumhunt.

Now lets talk about votes, since you disapprove so much of how I currently use mine.

The only way you can make that claim about how I use my vote, and how I use pressure, is to disregard how I have played this game so far.  Considering how -you- have played this game so far, I'm not surprised at you at all.

I -am- using it on someone who -can- actually answer me.  But how are you using yours? You're not really scumhunting with your vote on me, because you're not really working or thinking, you're either just randomly pushing - taking the easy out that you accuse me of - or you're actively trying to control how I use my vote.  Shame on you for either, you IC jerk.   My vote is -mine-.  The pressure I place is -mine- to use as I see fit, be that pressure with words gentle, harsh, or supported at the time or later with a vote.  Get into this game and play, be the role model and player in this game that you are supposed to be, or die here for your failings.
Rolepgeek asked to replace. When someone asks for that, it usually means they stop posting. You yourself said you voted him because you had nothing else to do with said vote. Now you talk about your previous play, but it is this very same previous play that makes your disregard as to where your vote goes more glaring. Is the vote yours to use as you see fit? Yes. It still does not exempt you from being called out on it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deathsword - Hope you feel better soon.

I am not, and at no point have I ever stated this. To the point I actually apologized for my low activity. How in any way is that acting as if I had a right to lurk?

I'm not saying 'you say you have that right' -  I am saying 'you act as if you have that right' and I say it because you have been doing it.  This:

I am sorry for disappearing for the last two D1 days

We don't need apologies from you.  If you're Town we need help.  If you're a rolemodel, Town or not, we need an example of good play, which you are NOT giving us.

All of last week you made 1 post - only one post.  That post contained no scumhunting and outside of a small amount of IC advice.  Are you hiding -from yourself- with an apology for 'The last two days'?  No two days are an issue.  The whole kit and caboodle across the course of the game is the issue.  Get off your behind and work for this Town.  This Town can't afford to carry you and your behavior is directly or indirectly helping the Scum - and you lack the inexperience to not know this.  Fix it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That post contained no scumhunting and outside of a small amount of IC advice.

Should read:  "That post contained no scumhunting and outside of a small amount of IC advice, nothing but apology and deflection/explanation of misdirection in an earlier post you'd made - it is of minimal value for Town purposes."

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

Deathsword, I'm glad you are back, but like Imp said. Since you have been gone for the past week or so, I have ignored you. Town lost an IC (and a player). You are worse than griffinup, purely do to the fact that you are IC, and you are supposed to be expierenced and all that. So, Make up for it!, Do something! Work! Go analyze all of d1's posts! (lol)

As of now, It seems everyone has figured out d2 has started, except Darvi.

@All, what do you think of the kills. Make all the WIFOM you want, I want to see WIFOM, point fingers, please.

(As you can see, I already did, and instantly got an "I'll post here later" response...)( It is kinda of lurking and suspicious to me.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44