Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134901 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

I was about to point out that I had switched my vote, but you ninja'd to mention my ninja
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »

At this point I'm going to have to agree with Darvi that not extending and going into Day 2 may be a good idea.
I didn't actually argue that, but it is a fact that I love the night. I love the night. I love the element of danger and the ecstasy of flight.
I love the night, I love the night,
I love to dance with a stranger and feel her delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of my heart...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:36 pm »

At this point I'm going to have to agree with Darvi that not extending and going into Day 2 may be a good idea.
I didn't actually argue that, but it is a fact that I love the night. I love the night. I love the element of danger and the ecstasy of flight.
I love the night, I love the night,
I love to dance with a stranger and feel her delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of my heart...
Oh, I assumed your comment about so many extensions meant that you wanted Day 1 to end. Sorry.

Also, I'll be open to an extension if something happens in the next 6 hours, but right now, I''m looking forward to learning some new info (of course, knowing my luck, I'm going to get killed by the mafia because I said that)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2013, 05:13:46 pm »

[2] Mr.Zero - kleril, Superblackcat
[3] kleril - Imp, Persus13, Squill
[1] Squill - Darvi
[2] Superblackcat - Deathsword, Mr.Zero

[1] Not voting - Rolepgeek

3 to extend Imp, Superblackcat, and Kleril
0 to shorten

one more needed to extend
day ends in ~6 hrs

someone check my votecount plz
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:40:00 pm by zombie urist »
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2013, 05:31:51 pm »

TIIIIIRRRUUUUIIIIIINNNN!!! *angry fist shake*

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day - 1 spot open!
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2013, 06:09:02 pm »

I'm up to kill kleril, however since there is already enough people for him to get lynched, I'll leave my vote where it is...

Darvi, So sorry I missed that, I think I read right over it, formulated a question, and forgot to answer it.....

So, you say it's scummy, so obviously you have been paying attention to it. Please enlighten me and tell me where it was being scummy and how. (it's refers to kleril)

The first thing that was scummy, was that when he became pressured, the first thing he did, was not say, "I'm innocent, here's the reasons why" or try to address the problems, but instead, shift the blame. In playing EM, that he shown up over and over in scum, while rarely happens in town.

He then continues to keep saying that he's scummy, but he's really sorry. It seems he's trying to induce WIFOM to get himself off the hook.

Basically, most of his posts after his activity has been scummy. He has been mad at me for buddying him. (What?) when I didn't haven't and won't. I support him, because he made the mistakes I made earlier, he gets mad and tries to shift blame on me. He goes off on tangents, that really isn't actually there, especially about myself. it just seems that he is a scum that doesn't know how to cope with being scum and pressured.

Darvi, Since I think you have atleast skimmed through his posts, Tell me why you don't think them to be "as important"

I expect people to atleast skim through a post, and then decide if it is important to them.

@Zu, seems correct.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2013, 06:24:22 pm »

Woo!  got a break long enough to get online.

What do we do, if say Kleril gets on and shifts his vote to Superblackcat, particularly in the last moments before end of day returning the vote to a tie of 3 votes each?

Yes, the rest of us would surely think that even more scummy.  Yes, we would surely make surely sure that Kleril was the vote for sure the end of next day.

But that might not bring us closer to the other Scum, and we would have lost one night, possibly lost one Town for sure player (whomever is night killed will surely be Town for sure).

Can we afford that risk?  The question's directed more to Superblackcat, who says 'I support the kill of Kleril, but since my vote isn't needed' - but it might be.

I can see myself, if I were Scum, had the vote by a 1 lead margin, and could return us to a tie by changing my vote, doing just that.  Changing my vote would NOT do anything to prove myself Scum that being lynched would not do, and it would buy my team the chance of one extra kill.

I do not know that Kleril, Scum or Town, would do this.  As Town, I believe I wouldn't do it - my dying in that circumstance gives Town more than returning us to the tie under those circumstances.  But we are possibly leaving the option in Kleril's hands as things are now.

There's information to be gained whatever happens, and until someone dies most of us don't get to know their alignment, but wow.  I hoped I'd feel MORE certain of what was going to happen when I popped in.  Now I feel.... just as unsure as before.  Gah!  This game is going to drive me crazy!  .... What do some of you mean, I already was?   ;D

Anyway!  Think about how much power you want to leave floating around for the possibly condemned to play with.  If it makes sense to do so, of course do it.  Back to class I go, time to throw a few fits on the way.  Luck and skill to all!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2013, 08:32:02 pm »

I'm going to vote to shorten. I don't want to get a NL.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2013, 09:15:10 pm »

TIIIIIRRRUUUUIIIIIINNNN!!! *angry fist shake*
What did I do this time? :O
Check the votecount? I'm..literally unsure. I didn't keep up with this game lately, and the OP is unupdated given that Persus is playing.

[2] Mr.Zero - kleril, Superblackcat
[3] kleril - Imp, Persus13, Squill
[1] Squill - Darvi
[2] Superblackcat - Deathsword, Mr.Zero

[1] Not voting - Rolepgeek

3 to extend Imp, Superblackcat, and Kleril
0 to shorten

one more needed to extend
day ends in ~6 hrs

someone check my votecount plz
Hmm :I
Well..the abbr tags are strange. I have no idea why you put them down xD

Lurkertracker agrees though. We have these people laying their votes on the person on the right. Please replace any people who did replacement-in since I am lacking in time to check.

Darvi > Squill

Deathsword > Superblackcat
Mr.Zero > Superblackcat (Lurkertracker picked this up as your vote...) = THIS is his actual vote.

Imp > Kleril
Persus13 > Kleril
Squill > kleril

kleril > Mr.Zero
Superblackkittycatcat > Mr.Zero
...So yeah.
> Two more needed to extend.
Extensions count as opposition to shortens and vice versa.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:05 pm »

I don't have school tomorrow. HOWEVER, turns out I don't have extra time to do stuff, because I still have to get up at the same time.

Sorry. >.> Not planned.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2013, 10:40:39 pm »

Day ends in ~20 mins

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 10, 2013, 11:29:09 pm »

First day in the cargo bay

After a tense first day of arguing, the robots decided kleril is infected and must be scrapped. ZOM-B siliently guides him towards the compactor.

The compactor door opens, awaiting a victim. kleril dutifully steps in, and the door once again closes.

Immediately, the compactor does its job. A loud *crunch* is heard. Several more follow.

The robots remain quiet as the door opens again. What once was a hardworking robot is now a cube of steel and a silicon board.

ZOM-B quickly scans kleril's remains. Clean. 0 infections found.

The lights in the room dim and the robots move to their recharging stations, awaiting another suspensful day tomorrow.

kleril has been lynched!
He was a vanilla town.

Night 1 will end Monday, October 14 at 9 PM

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 2 - ONE REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2013, 12:06:29 am »

First Night in Cargo Moonlight

The robots left their charging stations and once again convened. They soon discovered the body of Persus13. His headpiece was crushed and his mouthpiece was also crushed, being attached to the headpiece.

It was a refrigerator unit that did the crushing. A malicious robot must have dropped it on him during the night.

ZOM-B scans his remains. No sign of infection found.

Persus13 has died in the night.
He was a vanilla town.

Day 2 will end Friday, October 18th at midnight PST.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

Imp, I realized that, and was going to change my vote... but uh... Day was over before I got home :<

Anyway, what is your thoughts on these outcomes? Especially directed to Imp and MrZero, as kleril came up vanilla. There was noone that suspected Persus or anything... So it makes me think it's more off a Squill type thing to do. However, This is all speculation.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tears for the fallen, and I'll offer this in place of flowers; just translate the references of love and marriage to scumhunting.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9-UQ6YMRw.  May the 'someone like you' be actual Scum next lynch.

I really wanted to ask Persus13 why he voted to shorten.  Seemed suspicious to me; especially when done to prevent a NL - had he extended D1 would have continued (can't twist the vote if there's no endpoint); but with the shorten we would still need multiple additional shortens to end the day early, or two more extends to pull us out of a sudden votechange.

Then again, I was online as D1 ended, so I checked to see who else was.  Persus was, perhaps also watching closely as night fell.  His shorten could have helped someone feel that messing with the vote would work; he was possibly present and able to act quickly to switch that shorten into an extend, showcasing someone's weird vote without it being able to take effect if only that had happened.

Now that I know you're Town, Persus, I'm glad of what you did.  Good lessons for me too; I'm still being suspicious of the wrong stuff.  I'm not glad you're dead, but I sure am glad I don't have to doubt you further.

Kleril, I wish I'd asked you more directly sooner, and without the 'tude, about what I saw as not only scummy, but lying as well.  Lots of lessons for me from you too, though I'm not sure yet how the heck to understand or apply most of them.

Ahh well.

So DarvyWhat's this about you usually killing Darvi's on sight?  Some sort of Highlander weirdness you have going on, or are you tossing a clue out there into the wild yonder?

SquillYour first post promised some questions from you.  You're still kinda quiet, but you are asking questions, and they do tend to be good ones - could we have more of them please?

I still am not too confident in my skills at the game. Until I notice something that seems suspicious, I'm just going to try and avoid causing more confusion than is necessary.

What's the difference between this and lurking?  Confusion gives us something to look at, consider, and evaluate, - both about the confusion person, and also about everyone else that reacts and doesn't react to that confusion.  Kleril sure confused me, and he at least in part died for it - but this confusion evoked reactions and interactions not only between him and me, but involving most of the other players too.  Will you explain your views on how being careful is a more effective scumhunting method?

Rolepgeek, I've got this vote and no better use for it right now.  If you're dead there's no need to replace your spot; and from close to start of play you've not really done much that seems pro-Town to me.  Your behavior isn't that bad of a Scum cover either.  I'm far from sure you're Scum but I'm far from sure you're Town either, so for the moment this works for me.  As long as you're seeking replacement I'm not going to ask you anything.

Deathsword, what the heck is down with you?  So incredibly little activity... I do understand busy but I'm tempted to say that you've got to be Town because surely our (only originally active) IC is going to feel he can't just lurk if he's Scum, cause that's not very educational for us, but if you're just another Townie that's maybe 'not so bad' - or am I wrong about that?  What should we -do- with you, Deathsword, what do you have to say about yourself?

Mr.Zero, are you tunneling on Superblackcat?  There's scummy, and then there's Scum.  Are you after him because you see scummy, or have ID'd him as Scum?  Where's that line for you?

Superblackcat, it's hard for me to think about the outcome of D1 and N1.  I'm mostly feeling and trying to stop it, because though emotion can be very useful, I need to focus that away from those I absolutely know are Town in order to try and find Scum.  you think it's more of a Squill type thing to do
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44