Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134908 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

Deathsword, I'm glad you are back, but like Imp said. Since you have been gone for the past week or so, I have ignored you. Town lost an IC (and a player). You are worse than griffinup, purely do to the fact that you are IC, and you are supposed to be expierenced and all that. So, Make up for it!, Do something! Work! Go analyze all of d1's posts! (lol)

As of now, It seems everyone has figured out d2 has started, except Darvi.

@All, what do you think of the kills. Make all the WIFOM you want, I want to see WIFOM, point fingers, please.

(As you can see, I already did, and instantly got an "I'll post here later" response...)( It is kinda of lurking and suspicious to me.)
@SBC: I think that Persus' killing was probably because he never really strongly accused someone. I think it happened because it was the kill that would give the least information.
Was there any reason anyone would want Persus dead? He didn't seem to be a direct threat to any players, scum or otherwise.

I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still am not too confident in my skills at the game. Until I notice something that seems suspicious, I'm just going to try and avoid causing more confusion than is necessary.

What's the difference between this and lurking?  Confusion gives us something to look at, consider, and evaluate, - both about the confusion person, and also about everyone else that reacts and doesn't react to that confusion.  Kleril sure confused me, and he at least in part died for it - but this confusion evoked reactions and interactions not only between him and me, but involving most of the other players too.  Will you explain your views on how being careful is a more effective scumhunting method?

Squill?  Why are you not answering me?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still am not too confident in my skills at the game. Until I notice something that seems suspicious, I'm just going to try and avoid causing more confusion than is necessary.

What's the difference between this and lurking?  Confusion gives us something to look at, consider, and evaluate, - both about the confusion person, and also about everyone else that reacts and doesn't react to that confusion.  Kleril sure confused me, and he at least in part died for it - but this confusion evoked reactions and interactions not only between him and me, but involving most of the other players too.  Will you explain your views on how being careful is a more effective scumhunting method?

Squill?  Why are you not answering me?
Sorry, didn't see that. I feel kind of different now, I'm a bit more confident. At the time, my only experience with the game was being thrown in towards the very end of a game. While I still feel that careful conciseness is better than long winded fluff, I'm not quite as worried about doing nothing but getting in town's way. I think that it's mainly just a difference in personality.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Darvi!

Remember this?

And when the morning begins, I have to get in
Before sunlight can fall upon my face

You really should be in by now  ::)

Superblackcat:

What I think about the night kill - Reading old Scumchats, most recommend to go for players that you think will be a problem for you.  Either because they're after you, which can be revealing, or because their active and likely to be of use to Town later in play.  Persus was that, whether he was actually already on Scum or not, he was active, analyzing, seemed open minded, rational, interested, was talking to everyone and getting answers in many cases.  I was scared he was Scum for a reason I already explained, but man he seems to have been a good pick for nightkill.  I posted the most - but he talked to everyone the most.  I wish I could trade places with him - maybe he'd have been able to get this Town talking again and I don't see how Town can possibly win this without more people talking more.

Everyone:
Here's what I think of each of the survivors right now:

Darvy - can't tell.  Seems to show Town and Scum tells.  Seems to have lost interest, or still be drunk on 'the night'.  When he was active, seemed to be more focused on teaching us to play than actually playing himself.  Did seem to want to teach us to play, thanks for that.

Squill - can't tell, hasn't shown himself clearly enough.  He seems to hate to talk, is willing to offer silence, and is apparently willing to accept silence from everyone.  That doesn't seem Town to me.  He looks great in comparison to Luke, but that's not saying anything.  Almost active enough for me to have a feel for - but almost is not quite.  May want to catch Scum, but sure not trying to do anything to make this happen/happen more easily.

Rolepgeek - Hasn't really played since the first couple days of the game.  Complained about players to focused on semantics (Mr.Zero, me).  Launched non-Scumhunting personal attack on me.  He sure doesn't seem to care about catching Scum or not.

Deathsword - Can't tell, way idle.  Almost no focus on teaching as IC or on scumhunting as player.  Probably a pattern for the player as a whole as meta.  Cited health and other real life issues limiting playability - but despite that, we need enough activity to judge him on - I haven't had that. He sure doesn't seem to care about catching Scum or not though.

Mr.Zero - I think he's Town.  Seems too tunneled on Cat to me, and to unconcerned about telling Scummy from Scum, but that's a pretty common human trait I'd guess.  I think he's trying to catch Scum, but that seems to be focused mostly on catching Scummy Cat.

Superblackcat - I've swung around to thinking Cat is Town.  Reason being Cat's talked a LOT, he's really shown several parts of how he reasons.  I can't tell for sure, but I think Cat just looks scummy and sometimes makes bad choices, but with Town intentions.  I'm by no means sure, but I think Cat has shown a pattern of play that I can follow and understand, and following it doesn't point to him as being Scum to me.  I don't think Cat could have played as he as if he is actually Scum.

I'm so depressed to be at this point of the game and to have this low level of activity.  We're not even getting updates on vote counts, so here's my best attempt at one:

Imp - Deathsword
  Squill
  Rolepgeek - Imp
  Superblackcat - Mr.Zero
  Mr.Zero - Superblackcat
  Deathsword
  Darvi
not voting:  Darvi, Rolepgeek, Squill
Extend - 0/3
Shorten - 0/4

Today will end on Friday, October 18th at midnight PST

So, questions for all:

Why so quiet?
Is anyone happy with the level of Scumhunting happening in this game?
If not, are you intending to do anything to help improve it?
If so, can you help me understand that things are going well, not terribly quiet, and why you think we're not going to a lurky town loss as is?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Sorry I'm really busy this week.

Prods will go out tomorrow at midnight though.  >:(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh shit, i forgot about this.
Extend please
Durrr..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extend, sure.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doh, that depression.  Ahem, I meant to say "Extend".

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

Extend Extend EXTEND!

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

I'm curious Squill: Why didn't you extend?

It was in big bold letters: "Today will end on Oct 18 blah blah"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Almost no focus on teaching as IC
Regarding this: as a whole, the remaining players here are doing pretty well, mechanics-wise. There is little at the moment that requires an IC explanation.

He sure doesn't seem to care about catching Scum or not though.
Well, I think you are scum, and am voting you over it.

Let me restate why: You just threw a vote on Rolepgeek because you could, because you had nothing better to do with it. In the quoted post you further list inactivity (which, I suppose, is a valid, if somewhat weak, reason) and a personal attack (IC stuff on this below). While the added reasons are nice, I am still concerned over the disregard over where your vote went, and, to be quite frank, I consider you to be, among the new players here, one of the most possibly dangerous if scum.

{On personal attacks: don't. Seriously, just don't. It adds nothing to the game, is of no benefit to anyone (town, scum, third-party) and can ruin the friendly (if agressive) nature of the game. What happens in the game stays in it, and you shouldn't hold a grudge or insult someone over it.}

If so, can you help me understand that things are going well, not terribly quiet, and why you think we're not going to a lurky town loss as is?
{BMs often tend to have periods of very low activity, especially as the game goes on. People often don't realise how long a mafia game can take.}

Extend
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You just threw a vote on Rolepgeek because you could, because you had nothing better to do with it.

You may have read what I said about my impressions of the six of us playing that are not me.

For -four- of us I have no solid feel; I find the scum-hunting efforts of -four- of us to be highly unsatisfactory (though some within that set are worse than others) (and of the rest of us, I'd like more too, because I'm not sure we're cutting it - yeah that means me too because we are a team and we succeed or fail as a team; if there's a way, anyway to get this working that my actions can help make happen, I'm duty bound to do it if I can find it).

My vote could have been placed on any of the four with my conscience comfortable; I selected the scummiest and hardest for me to read as of that point.

While the added reasons are nice

Calling them 'added reasons' is bunk; or proof that you're not bothering to pay attention (they were also listed here, under all things Rolepgeek), or possibly that you arn't bothered to think up real reasons and are just grabbing what's recent and comfortable to deflect attention from the lacks in your play I have been increasingly pointing out.

At this point I could live with a lynch on any of these four: Rolepgeek, Deathsword, Darvi, Squill.  I'm not totally certain that my Town picks are Town, but they're sure a heck of a lot more Town-like than any of the rest of you, and they've both interacted enough for me to get a feel that allows me to think of them as Town.  Hint hint, if you're on my 'seems scummy list', that's a way to help confirm or deny your Townness - get more active.  Talk more, to me or anyone.  Show enough of yourself to be readable - and particularly show your scumhunting.

I am depressed to be near the end of day 2 and to have so little feel of so many players.  I want that fixed.  I don't know how to fix it myself.

You claim

Almost no focus on teaching as IC
Regarding this: as a whole, the remaining players here are doing pretty well, mechanics-wise. There is little at the moment that requires an IC explanation.

So you're saying that this game is going just fine.  Activity is fine, interaction is fine, ...  Wow.  I call so much BS from you and what you say.

Why, you even wait until NOW!! to throw out an IC comment about don't personal attack.  More than ten days after it happened!

to be quite frank, I consider you to be, among the new players here, one of the most possibly dangerous if scum.

On a theory level, I'm flattered and I hope to be very dangerous when Scum; on an actual level you're failing in your logic here.

The most dangerous Scum are the people who actually are Scum, in this game right now.  Those two as yet unfound people.  It's fine to go for me, but we cannot afford for you to ignore everyone else, or for you to tolerate low levels of interaction and scumhunting - and you appear to be doing both.  I do not protest that you call me and my actions Scum - I protest because you're being lazy about it.  You're not working, you're not using anything but convenient easy recent things to support your attack; you look like you're just going through the motions, not that you care about anything other than deflecting attention from yourself.  You're scumhunting scummily.

Whoever we lynch today, me or anyone, Town or Scum, that passes the edge from playtime to endtime.  Use today to prepare for Mylo.  Get AS MUCH information today as you can, because if today is a mislynch and tonight there's a kill, there's almost nothing left to work with.  Get active peeps.  Set yourselves up, work as a team so the Scum are also forced to work as a team or stand out - so that if we mislynch today we are in a great position for tomorrow.  Please, my partners.  Please get involved and active, so the Scum cannot stand beside you so easily.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Day extended to Tuesday, Oct 22 9pm PST
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious Squill: Why didn't you extend?

It was in big bold letters: "Today will end on Oct 18 blah blah"
Because I'm a god damn moron and I somehow thought that the day ended on Tuesday.

Alright, so lately the thread has had little activity.
Most people, including me, have posted little except for responding to direct questions. I think Imp is right about the need for more activity.
The main reason I've been so quiet is because that's the way I am. Excluding conversations with my three closest friends, I probably speak less than 300 words on the average day.
@Mr Zero:You have been inactive, even more so than me. Other than voting to extend, your last post was three days ago. Is there a reason for this?
@Deathsword:This post could quite easily be construed as a scum fighting against the larger threat. Imp is by far the biggest scumhunter here, and you seem to be taking any chance you get to get rid of her before she turn's her attention on you.
@Darvi:You have not posted in this game day. Your last two posts were two silly things unrelated to the game eight days ago. You tried out some scumhunting, but when it didn't work you promptly fell silent. Are you unable to reply for whatever reason, or are you just lurking?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

[...]
I'm so depressed to be at this point of the game and to have this low level of activity.  We're not even getting updates on vote counts[....]
I fail forever. u_u
Curse my sleep and timezones.

A small melody chimes from the wind, differentiating into miniscule octaves visible only to augmented hearing.

All turn their visors towards the tiny orb, and see the timer click.

They return their sights onto those they suspect.

Time is endless.

Imp - Deathsword
  Squill
  Rolepgeek - Imp
  Superblackcat - Mr.Zero
  Mr.Zero - Superblackcat
  Deathsword
  Darvi - Squill

Not Voting: Rolepgeek, Darvi

Rolepgeek has asked for a replacement!

Extend - 0/3
Shorten - 0/4