Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13716 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2013, 03:54:44 pm »

(( True, but nothing says I can't do the job and save my allies at the same time. If it's impossible to do both I have no problems with leaving them all to die to get the job done. But in this situation it makes tactical sense to conserve the regiments fighting strength as long as the job still gets done.

If for no other reason then they'll be useful as distractions later on.

But I can redesign him if you like to be the typical emotionless trooper. Does kind of remove any RP value from the character though if I can't give him a more open personality. ))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:57:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2013, 03:56:15 pm »

I'll post the update in a couple hours. I'm just trying to work out some modifiers for the possible situations (because as a good GM, I make everything as I go  ;D)

Also, the whole dig in vs charge argument is really amusing, considering both are right in a lot of things.

And for troops deployment, each turn up to 3 squads or 3 vehicles (or any combination of them) can be deployed on each LZ. And remember that unless you have direct control over the squad/vehicle deployed, you can only suggest the deployment. The dice will be rolled and any modifier added (modifiers including authority, relationship with the captain or commander, being part of that company and all that kind of stuff).
A GM after my own heart. <3

I'm having so much fun just talking about this stuff! It's great! :)

Mmkay. I was all too aware that we were only requesting and making recommendations. Sounds neat and should make for some interesting fights! :D

(( Uhm why? Storm Troopers are trained to get the job done. We landed and secured the pad, the other group is failing to secure it's pad so we're going to do it for them. My characters mentality is entirely private and does not prevent him doing his job it just colors how he chooses to go about it. ))
Except you don't need to go there yourself. They have reinforcements landing for them anyways, plus air support! If we move in and put the pressure on the other two, virtually undefended zones beyond the central and southern LZs, then the enemy will be forced to react, thus saving the Northern LZ! We've got to take out the towers mate! It's the best thing we can do right now! Flying your arse over there takes away firepower we already have on the ground for a crucial amount of time! We need you fighting in the central LZ buddy, and paving the way for the rest of our force!

---

Request gunships to take out the heavy weapons pinning down the Northern squads. I think I already asked for this, but that plus the reinforcements will be enough to keep the Northern LZ secure.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:58:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »

(( Difference of opinion then :). I'd prefer to ensure they survive first. Plus my plan for my own forces assault requires us to attack from a flank. I wanted the center secure to allow other forces to assault it while I turn one of the flanks and roll them up. The northern pads cluster fuck just made the choice of which flank to attack from for me. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »

They're not in any danger of being taken out, they're just pinned down. They haven't even taken any casualties and it's not like the enemy is in a position to counterattack. And you can't flank them, because it's an entrenched facility. It's a big circle or a square, not a straight line. Seriously just attack from where you are. You'll do the most good where you are standing right now.

Also, the Lord Commissar is going to join the attack, yes? It's vital that he be present.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »

(( He's decided to dig in so not unless he changes his mind in the next hour. I'm still hitting from the northern pad I ain't going back to change my action based on OOC reasoning. Sorry :). ))
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2013, 04:26:27 pm »

Er. Okay. But would a Commissar (a Lord-Commissar no less) do something like that? Stay behind while everyone else went to fight?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »

(( Sure if it makes tactical sense to him he'd have no problem with it. He chose to join the the assault he wasn't ordered to so it's entirely up to him how he chooses to go about it, same as me. ))
Caine's law.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (0/5)
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »

The next few minutes are a bit tense, as it seems that the officers on the field have very different opinions on what should be done. Sergeant Danso requested fire support for the northern LZ, and Captain Mira sent one Vendetta to help 1d20=9+2(Veteran Sergeant's request)+4(Same Company)=15. The Vendetta managed to eliminate the enemy squads that were firing on the drop troopers 1d20=20!, and it seems enemy troops are now too scared of the gunship to get near.

Meanwhile requests for help from the guerrilla company are sent by Lord Commissar Lucia and seconded by Captain Libra 1d20=13+5(Lord Commissar's request)+4(Captain's request)-2(Regiment is not homogeneous)=20. After a few minutes two sniper squads and an infiltrator squad arrive at the central LZ. They are very useful later, when a patrol is quickly eliminated by the snipers 1d20=17+4(Snipers)+4(Night)+3(Preysense goggles)=28.

Meanwhile the troops in the southern LZ try to advance, but find heavy enemy resistance in the shape of a Chimera transport shooting all its weapons at them. The lack of training the gunners have prevents them from hitting the squads as they ran for cover, but the Chimera shows Imperial Intelligence has failed. Again. 1d20=4+2(Danso)+3(Grenadiers)+1(Enemies' lack of training with their equipment)=10

A very similar situation is faced by the stormtroopers. As they try to push to the northern LZ they are met by sniper fire. 1d20=2+4(Storm Troopers)+2(Liones)+4(Night)-3(Enemy has Preysense goggles)+3(Psyker's divination)=12. One of the psykers manages to shout a warning before his brain becomes part of the facilities decoration as a shot kills him. His warning does, however, allow Liones and his troops to run for cover and identify two snipers' location's as they run.

Back at the central LZ, Primaris Psyker Cromwell manages to divine some of the enemy positions (as no one really attacked the central LZ and then your powers didn't see any use, at least you manage to see some enemy troops thanks to diviner skill). The enemy has entrenched itself and seems to have heavier firepower than what you believed. They have several Chimera Transports and at least three of them are heading towards the southern LZ, trying to recapture it 1d20=15+4(Skilled)=19.
Loxian 247th Mixed Regiment

Spoiler: HQ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armored Battalion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artillery Battalion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guerrilla Battalion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lord Commisar Lucia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Captain Lex Libra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Those Left Behind (click to show/hide)
Yes, all those that die will have names and/or their squad names written in "Those Left Behind".
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »

Infiltrators scout out whats ahead, if The enemy force is not too heavy, we assault under sniper cover, and try to take their cover
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2013, 05:41:23 pm »

Radio info of oncoming attack to the South LZ
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2013, 06:00:13 pm »

(( Not heavily armed huh? Doesn't have any armor huh? Just push forward huh? Doesn't have any reserves huh? What was that? I was right? Thank you.))

Shoot the snipers, while they're suppressed by fire hurl grenades at them. Have the other psyker use his special senses to locate any other enemies in the area. ALL UNITS STAY IN COVER.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:24:23 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2013, 06:32:38 pm »

Radio info of oncoming attack to the South LZ.
Order the men to get in close and use Krak grenades to clean up those Chimeras, and add my Melta gun's firepower to the effort. Have the grenadier squads try to nail the treads with their launchers while we make our way forward. Inspire my men with a few words and utter a battle cry. You have no fear! Fear is for the weak, and weak we are not! The God-Emporer lends us His strength, and His strength is almighty! His power is unmatched, thusly our power cannot be matched! Forward! Destroy them! Forward! Grind their bones 'til they are naught but dust! Forward!

Get on the horn in the meantime. Enemy armour bearing down on us! Three Chimeras preparing to lay down some hurt on the Southern LZ! Firepower certainly insufficient, request a gunship to eliminate them!

EDIT: If we manage to wipe out those Chimeras, then move up and take out those watchtowers.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:37:58 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »

(( Not heavily armed huh? Doesn't have any armor huh? Just push forward huh? Doesn't have any reserves huh? What was that? I was right? Thank you.))
They aren't heavily armed, and what exactly suggests that they have reserves? Not much has changed. Three Chimeras I'm about to try and take out, and some snipers that you're moving to eliminate. No big deal.

Imperial Intelligence has failed. Again.
No one could have anticipated it either. Our psykers haven't detected anything else, therefore the surprises are mostly over. We should keep our guard up as we move into the Manufactorum.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2013, 06:41:50 pm »

(( Our psykers didn't detect a thing until after they attacked us. I wouldn't keep underestimating the enemy mate it's never a good idea. If they were wrong about the enemy having armor what else was wrong? How much more might they have? ))
Caine's law.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2013, 06:43:00 pm »

((Dang it, I wish I were on GUN's LZ, so much bickering.))

Stay put, divine enemies.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18